No Oppo Supporters Jack Watts - Traded to PA for pick 31, Thanks Jack

Jack Watts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Fess up brothers - how many times have you watched The Goal???

Honestly about 8 times. We don't often play in front of the huge home crowds with the massive roars at the G. That and the Salem goal are my two favorite bits of play to win a game in my life.

Special mention to the Jeff White goal from 50 against the dogs and the Vince one on the left against the Cats.

Yeah probably 10 or so. I watched the replay last night for the first time but there was a fair bit of rewinding and replaying involved. As Topkent said above, he enters the view of the camera on the back side of the centre square and just burns past Howe, who simply could not be arsed chasing him. Howe even looks at Watts go, and just leaves him be. That was almost as good a part of the play as his finish. But that shot, on the run in the last 2 minutes of the game, and still on an angle, after sprinting as far as he did, is just about as good as it gets.

I also really enjoyed Hannan's crumb goal. Jeff burning up the boundary line off the pack, centering ball that falls agnonisingly short of a chest mark for Pedersen, collected by Hannan and just like he did in his first game, picked it up and snapped it in one motion. Crowd went wild.

As Topkent said above, he enters the view of the camera on the back side of the centre square and just burns past Howe, who simply could not be arsed chasing him. Howe even looks at Watts go, and just leaves him be. That was almost as good a part of the play as his finish.
Howe isn't a natural defender.

What I noticed is that instantaneously Howe moves to go directly at the ball carrier, which is technically the right thing to do, but he need to go with Watts for 20m, get between Harmes, Watts and the direct line for goal and then run at Harmes to force the kick over him to Watts.

By running side on at Harmes he was out dead cold the moment he took the first step.

I have seen it about 20 times. Check out the 3AW broadcast with Tim Lane - the roar is PHENOMENAL !!!!!!!!!!

It was so loud holy s**t
I think the old guard are starting to rumble again to be honest. 41k members, average attendance is up 11,000 on last year (albeit with Darwin to come), side is 6-5 and in the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back