Toast Jack Wilson’s day with the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a necessary read about a special day for a big Hawk fan, and you’ll love Newk even more.

SYL
That article is probably the best piece of Hawthorn writing for many years.
It’s what the family club is all about.

Far too good to be hidden away in a round 12 thread (even though it relates to that game).
Doesn’t it deserve a fresh thread?

Last edited:
SYL
That article is probably the best piece of Hawthorn writing for many years.
It’s what the family club is all about.

Far too good to be hidden away in a round 12 thread (even though it relates to that game).
Doesn’t it deserve a fresh thread?
Fair call. I’ve started a new thread.

Below is my favourite paragraph.

We were the happiest losers in the place. Jack issued one last ‘booo Collingwood’ in the crowded lift that took us down to ground level. Some Magpies laughed, winners being grinners and all that. ‘Did I see you on the ground before the game, mate?’ one asked. Jack flushed, and didn’t answer. The celebrity beam was getting a little hot.

What makes our game great is how the fans interact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simply amazing from everyone involved. I've been a hawk since mid 60's and do remember Ray Wilson (premiership player).

Inspiring story and I did drop a tear. Passionate hawk even more
Ray and his son are what is great about our footy club, and to that end, our society. Thank you SYL for bringing the story to our attention and what we did.

Ray and his son are what is great about our footy club, and to that end, our society. Thank you SYL for bringing the story to our attention and what we did.
Tony’s book “1989” is a ripper.
He even had Derm sign a bunch, which I was lucky enough to get hold of one.

He may still have copies of the book(not signed by Derm), so if anyone wants one hit him up. I think Hawks nest have them also.

Tony’s book “1989” is a ripper.
He even had Derm sign a bunch, which I was lucky enough to get hold of one.

He may still have copies of the book(not signed by Derm), so if anyone wants one hit him up. I think Hawks nest have them also.

Yes - one of the best sporting books. It's not just about that iconic grand final - it's about the whole year.

Just looking at the pictures and no way in hell do we trade Chad.
Off-field, Chad is extraordinary.
I've seen him volunteering in his own time for a couple of organisations.
Asked him for a photo and he refused because he didn't want to make it about him.
He's pretty much the ideal celebrity volunteer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back