Opinion Jackson Thurlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Guthrie's goal on the run from 50. Came about because there was a highball that was 70/30 in Port's favour and he flew with the flight and halved the contest. Think that was when I bumped the thread. Cannot wait until I see some of my mates later in the year, ridiculing the club (not cats fans btw) for taking Thurlow over Grundy. Egg meet faces:)
That was Bews who flew with the flight. Sorry to spoil the party. :D

We've just found another champ defender, both Thurlow and Murdoch have stepped up in a big way this season "and it's a beautiful thing!"
Although we're 6 and 5 things seem to be going well just now.

We've all seen what a great kick Thurlow is. Last pm, and then the replay after, really impressed with his handballing too. Very accurate , sharp. This guy is a class act, and loves the odd speccy too.

You mean flashy players, not players who put in consistent strong performances?
More a kid who managed to have standout games . Remember back to when Nathan Ablett got a RSN..4 goal game. Perhaps players like Lang and Thurls are more rising very good players , rather than obvious stars.

More a kid who managed to have standout games . Remember back to when Nathan Ablett got a RSN..4 goal game. Perhaps players like Lang and Thurls are more rising very good players , rather than obvious stars.
I guess so. A lot of Rising Star noms fall into black holes or they're like a burning meteorite. I'd rather have our boys who shine strong and steady, week in, week out. And I'm sure they'd rather be a part of team success than just have their own individual success.

SIGN
JACKO
TO
A
YEAR
DEAL

300K WITH A CLAUSE THAT DOUBLES WHEN HE IS ENRIGHT ESQUE
I GIVE IT A FEW YEARS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its like they want shooting stars not one who are rising gradually.

By round 18 all the flashes have their nomination. Then Thurlow will only have to maintain his current output to get the nom. By then half the flashy ones are in the state league team.

The selectors then look at the season.

Thurlow , IF he gets the nomination, and maintains his position as a pivot in our defence is a chance.

Hogan and McCarthy the main contenders. Thurlow at $31 (in from $87) six weeks ago, worth a fiver? ...But then a little bloke called Gregson might knock him off.

By round 18 all the flashes have their nomination. Then Thurlow will only have to maintain his current output to get the nom. By then half the flashy ones are in the state league team.

Thurlow , IF he gets the nomination, and maintains his position as a pivot in our defence is a chance.

Hogan and McCarthy the main contenders. Thurlow at $31 (in from $87) six weeks ago, worth a fiver? ...But then a little bloke called Gregson might knock him off.

I reckon he has more upside to go this year as well... rarely do you see a player cover so much ground as him...no preseason, I can't figure out how he can do it with such an interrupted preparation? wasn't it early dec to early feb he did nothing and didn't join full training till march? Can't wait to see him after a full preseason!

I want Thurlow to win it, but Adam Saad will be hard to beat if he keeps up his level of performance.

I reckon he has more upside to go this year as well... rarely do you see a player cover so much ground as him...no preseason, I can't figure out how he can do it with such an interrupted preparation? wasn't it early dec to early feb he did nothing and didn't join full training till march? Can't wait to see him after a full preseason!
I'd love to see his GPS numbers :D

If it wasn't for Hogan, who should win it by an absolute mile, Thurlow would be a real chance. McCarthy's been great but he's playing for a pretty good team with Cameron as a sidekick. Hogan's been brilliant while getting the best defender every week in a team that struggles to get it forward of centre some weeks.

Right now I'd have Hogan winning it comfortably ahead of McCarthy and Cripps with Thurlow probably in 4th. Other than that Saad and Brayshaw have been very good also. If Thurlow keeps it up he'll definitely get a nomination and do the best out of our players. He's just unlucky that he's been ultra-consistent and he's probably been a toss-up for the nomination 4-5 times this year already. Lang should also get a nomination late in the year as there's less players to compete with. He's not getting the massive numbers of some others because he's not playing through midfield as much but he just oozes class to me. I've possibly got higher hopes for him than Thurlow.

Cripps will play every game 90% on the ball for the rest of the season you'd think he just has to stay fit to win it.

I'd have Thurlow 4th in rising star voting so far this year.

I'd be giving votes as follows.

5: Cripps
4: Hogan
3: McCarthy
2: Thurlow
1: Saad

Hartung, Gregson, Duggan, Sheed, McIntosh, Broomhead, Lang, Lonie and Brayshaw have all had great starts too.
Unlike last year, It'll be bloody tough to get into the top 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back