Opinion Jackson Thurlow

Wow so much negativity about this kid, hope he does a "Wojo"

Will back him in now for sure, great depth at the very least.

Best 18 for me.
What negativity ?
I think most supporters genuinely believe he has the goods and hope his confidence and form return this season.

What negativity ?
I think most supporters genuinely believe he has the goods and hope his confidence and form return this season.

Yep, and it is not unusual for players to struggle the first season back from an ACL.
I would not expect too much from Narkle this year either.

At the very least, more than prepared to wait and see how his season progresses. Needs to take a step this year though.
The game against the Tiges in Geelong last year he as very good IMO, then I feel was rough to be dropped... and he started to show a lot more than he was early in the year when he was given a bunch of games.
So the signs are good that he was back in the swing of it, his skill set is a huge positive for a team if he gets going so I hope (and think) he'll be really good for us this year

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Has shown the potential but really needs to prove it by consolidating himself and playing quality footy consistency.
He's that versatile type that we need firing.
Big year for Jacko.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
Of course all players want and should show some improvement from season to season.
I watched some matches from 2005~2006 and tbh Enright wasn't the exactly setting the world on fire. In one particular Enright was stinking it up real bad with his opponent taking marks at will inside 50, giving away free kicks on goal. And he had around 60~70(?) games by this time.
Thurlow has had what, almost 40. I think he has a couple years more to develop, and as long as he's not played out of position, he will be a one of the team's stalwarts.

Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought his confidence clearly improved on his return to the side.
More willing to put his body on the line, take a hit, get involved in the contest and take the higher risk/reward kicking option.

Unfortunately his execution was a bit off.
If he takes that late season confidence, combined with the execution we know he's capable of, he'll be in our best 22.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Of course all players want and should show some improvement from season to season.
I watched some matches from 2005~2006 and tbh Enright wasn't the exactly setting the world on fire. In one particular Enright was stinking it up real bad with his opponent taking marks at will inside 50, giving away free kicks on goal. And he had around 60~70(?) games by this time.
Thurlow has had what, almost 40. I think he has a couple years more to develop, and as long as he's not played out of position, he will be a one of the team's stalwarts.

Get out of here with that level-headed assessment! This board is for gross overreactions only!

Exactly my memories too, ditto Joel Corey.

Exactly my memories too, ditto Joel Corey.
During this period I remember the old man screaming that we’d wasted a first round pick on he only West Australian who can’t kick.

Rosso

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2005
Down South
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Kansas City Chiefs
Looks like he's spending a lot of time training with the mids. So hopefully he's building his tank and confidence up. He has shown that he has the skill but probably needs a breakout game early in the year to kickstart things.

I think this is where AFL X may be useful. If Thurlow and Cocky ect can get some good games into them it really sets up their seasons.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Looks like he's spending a lot of time training with the mids. So hopefully he's building his tank and confidence up. He has shown that he has the skill but probably needs a breakout game early in the year to kickstart things.

I think this is where AFL X may be useful. If Thurlow and Cocky ect can get some good games into them it really sets up their seasons.

Personally, I’d prefer he, Cocky and the next 23 guys are kept right the hell away from the X gimmick.

Can be nothing but ill fortune come from it.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Personally, I’d prefer he, Cocky and the next 23 guys are kept right the hell away from the X gimmick.

Can be nothing but ill fortune come from it.
I'm pretty sure that Thurlow, Cocky and Stanley are going to be playing AFLX. Danger was going to but might not be risked.

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Yeah, I know, but I’m just so against it I don’t want to hear they’re even contemplating these guys.

I’d be happy if the team sheet lists names I’ve never heard of
You would absolutely know the names o_O

If it doesn't enDANGER our season; I'm going to sit back & watch, oh, and enjoy footy.

Back