MRP / Trib. Jacob van Rooyen - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Ballard could play on, unfortunately he was stretchered off the ground.

Hopefully the same thing happens to Oliver next week so we can see some mental gymnastics from the Dees supporters.
Hello, have you read what Dew said after the game. If not I suggest you do because he exonerates Van Rooyen and claims Ballard was worried about his neck and the doctors were paying due attention to the AFL’s injury protocols.

Hello, have you read what Dew said after the game. If not I suggest you do because he exonerates Van Rooyen and claims Ballard was worried about his neck and the doctors were paying due attention to the AFL’s injury protocols.

Why was he worried about his neck, do we know?

That’s a pretty crap thing to say, hoping for anyone to get knocked out on a footy field is low.

I was responding to a Dees supporter saying it was just an ear massage and play on. So I don't see the problem?

Also Ballard didn't get knocked out, he's fine.

I was responding to a Dees supporter saying it was just an ear massage and play on. So I don't see the problem?

Also Ballard didn't get knocked out, he's fine.
Oh yeah that’s right, that happened in the contest with JVR where he barely touched him. Wishing for a player to be stretchered off is pretty s**t though.

Oh yeah that’s right, that happened in the contest with JVR where he barely touched him. Wishing for a player to be stretchered off is pretty s**t though.

But the Dees fan didn't see a problem with it so I don't know why he would have an issue with the same thing happening to another player, even a player from his own team?

What do you expect from a supporter of one of the softest sides going around.

Still remember Zorko and his deplorable comments about Petty and his very ill mother last year.
Exactly, it’s to be expected really. If this was a Brisbane player in Roos position it’d be a whole different story.

I thought a week in the game day thread, two seems a bit harsh. It’s tough because in theory anyone can approach a marking contest with a closed fist and swinging arm and say “I was attempting a spoil” and in theory whack someone.

The “ear massage” spoil doesn’t really happen anymore and I’m guessing the AFL is applying this decision to ensure a precedent for any kind of head high contact in a marking contest they deem to be taking the piss. I think this is a kind of a “don’t start this s**t up again” deterrence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno how you can call it High Impact when there was no injury. Hopefully we challenge this one.

That said, meh. Looks like he needed a rest and I wanna see Josh Schache unleashed on whatever passes as "defence" down Glenferrie.

Will Day got 2 weeks for a tackle where there was no injury.

Literally everyone else gets 1 week. But the Tribunal upheld the 2 weeks.

I think what annoys people the most is the inconsistency of the reports, Chol's hit was pretty much exactly the same. Same part of hsi arm connecting with the opposition's head, 1 gets 2 weeks the other nothing.

Will Day got 2 weeks for a tackle where there was no injury.

Literally everyone else gets 1 week. But the Tribunal upheld the 2 weeks.
Burton got 2 weeks as well. Elliot got up, took the shot at goal (scored), didn't go off the ground, played the next week etc etc.

I think what annoys people the most is the inconsistency of the reports, Chol's hit was pretty much exactly the same. Same part of hsi arm connecting with the opposition's head, 1 gets 2 weeks the other nothing.
The issue is you either punish the act or punish the outcome. The AFL have ended up doing another half arsed job where they sometimes punish the act and sometimes punish the outcome. It makes no sense.

What do you expect from a supporter of one of the softest sides going around.

Still remember Zorko and his deplorable comments about Petty and his very ill mother last year.

Hahaha, history quickly revealed Petty was the loser in that encounter. Embarrassing. Sent his own teammates out into the media to back him up then turns out he had a cry over nothing. Useless player too.

The Brisbane skipper, via the club, released a public apology on Saturday for his comments to Petty, but Wilson suggested there was plenty more to it.

“The AFL briefly got involved and dropped this case like a hot potato,” Wilson said on Footy Classified on Wednesday.

“Melbourne were very, very keen for it to go away as well and both clubs said they were happy with the way it was handled.

“I’m told that some of the stuff being said to Zorko - Zorko gives as good as he gets and he’s a famous sledger - was pretty disgusting and if you were going to investigate what was said, you’d be more investigating what was said to Zorko about women in his life, far worse, far worse than what was said to Petty.

“There’s plenty that could be a lot worse [than what Zorko allegedly said], particularly when it might have some element of truth or might be a deeply personal comment about someone in your life.”

Wilson's comments lend weight to Zorko's account of incident.

Pretty revealing angle this.

Their only contestable point is the impact, because I can't see them making a strong case that this was a realistic attempt at a spoil. You never know what the Tribunal will come out with though. They certainly did Cripps a solid last year.

Last edited:
Useless player too.
Useless Premiership full back in the best defence in the comp two years running.

Not sure what that angle reveals tbh, but maybe you have excellent vision.

Hahaha, history quickly revealed Petty was the loser in that encounter. Embarrassing. Sent his own teammates out into the media to back him up then turns out he had a cry over nothing. Useless player too.

Pretty revealing angle this.

Their only contestable point is the impact, because I can't see them making a strong case that this was a realistic attempt at a spoil. You never know what the Tribunal will come out with though. They certainly did Cripps a solid last year.

The whole notion of needing to have your eyes on the ball the entire way is utter rubbish.

Players have the ability to assess roughly where the ball is going to land from a quick glance. As long as his eyes go back to the ball just before the point of contest, which in this case it does, then he's contesting the ball.

Having your eye on the opponent is an important way to protect yourself from a stray arm/leg etc.

There wasn't a concussion or any injury here, the player hearing a crack is the only reason this even got attention. There is minimal impact to the player, he hasn't gone in recklessly - there's nothing here to see.

I've seen far worse ear massages that go unchecked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back