Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Bailey Smith please.

But in all seriousness, I'm interested to see what Tim O'Brien will offer you guys. Screams to me like a player who will thrive at a new club in a defined role.
He was bloody poor in a VFL outing over the weekend, so hopefully it is a case of first time nerves.

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
I echo Blackhawk's sentiments - I reckon he'll do wonders playing down back and rebounding for you guys. Can swing forward as well, but always thought he played much better down back, just unfortunate it wasn't the end we needed him. Not sure of your tall stocks in any depth, but if you have a swingman down there, he may provide a good opportunity to push someone forward on occasion to create a mismatch.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
Met him the other day. So different to most opposition fans perception of him. Really lovely personable guy.
Yep. Have heard similar stories numerous times. Total opposite to his onfield persona. Good old white line fever.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how he got along with Smith and Ceglar? FA Pnp... early pick for Hawks and 60 games+ for the cats. seems a good fit.

Would love to get him exactly what need if he goes.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I wonder how he got along with Smith and Ceglar? FA Pnp... early pick for Hawks and 60 games+ for the cats. seems a good fit.
Wouldn't call pick 19 early!

It would be interesting to see where the line is when the value of the pick is higher than keeping him. If it was pick 3 sure but if it was 10 is it still worth letting him go

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No way Siss leaves …….. heck no one wanted out last year! Sam and his coaches must be creating a positive environment with a playing list supporting/embracing the recent changes and new direction. Won’t be long until Hawks are a destination club again ☝️

It would be interesting to see where the line is when the value of the pick is higher than keeping him. If it was pick 3 sure but if it was 10 is it still worth letting him go
Can't really say for sure but I'd think he'd be in the ballpark of first round compensation material.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Can't really say for sure but I'd think he'd be in the ballpark of first round compensation material.
Im more thinking if the compensation was after our first pick. At what point is it better to let him go instead of keeping him. If we finished 15th and got pick 5 or if we finish 10th and got pick 10? If we made finals it wouldn't be worth it

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

if you are rebuilding even a band 2 would have its appeal if the draft is a good one. End of R1... P19 thru to P20 something ..When you have not had a pick inside ten for 16 years ..its seems early to me. Id agree it sound average..yet once the draft happens how often does that pick have more value. I look at Sonsie falling to Richmond and good kids can be found. Butler from your draft last year.

Of course , as a RFA they can always match if they feel thats the way the want to go. After Cameron , that is no longer a trek never taken. Id say its down to how you assess your list.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
if you are rebuilding even a band 2 would have its appeal if the draft is a good one. End of R1... P19 thru to P20 something ..When you have not had a pick inside ten for 16 years ..its seems early to me. Id agree it sound average..yet once the draft happens how often does that pick have more value. I look at Sonsie falling to Richmond and good kids can be found. Butler from your draft last year.

Of course , as a RFA they can always match if they feel thats the way the want to go. After Cameron , that is no longer a trek never taken. Id say its down to how you assess your list.
I liked Sonsie and and like Butler but they are untried prospects. That player is just as likely to be Lovell again for us.

I would want to keep him or more than an end of first compo pick for him.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Doesn't look like he has a missed a beat coming back from the ACL. Just reads the play so well and is of course a great kick, doesn't look like the injury has impacted him one bit.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I liked Sonsie and and like Butler but they are untried prospects. That player is just as likely to be Lovell again for us.

I would want to keep him or more than an end of first compo pick for him.

To a certain degree... thats the draft. Im sure Carlton thought SPS was going to be a champ when they picked him with P6. All you are really doing is jumping the order to select before others.. but it depnds on who you like and pick..and who others like who they pick. Its too early to tell but right now Holmes at geelong is looking good compared to Holland at GC.

JS will be 28 next year. If you have the list to put you in contention in the next two years.. yep you prefer to keep him. He might be happy no matter what to stay.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back