Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Very pleased to hear the news about Billy's contract. He's a wonderful asset to the team, a valued clubman and deserves some luck on the injury front.
I wonder why they went for 3 years instead of 2? Given his injury history the length of the contract might be a risk?
Soft tissue stuff seems to be behind him maybe? Been unlucky stuff the past couple years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inb4 Kappa complains about the length of the deal.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Raised an eyebrow for me going 3 years for someone who’s had injury concerns and is turning 30 this month, but I’m hopeful it means two things.

1, He opted to take a pay cut to get that extra 1-2 years in the contract. Selfless of him as usual.

2, They’ve done their homework on his body and established his injury woes are behind him.

Either way, he’s still one of my favourites and hopefully we get to see at least another 50 games as he deserves to be a Collingwood 200 gamer.

3 years is good plus he deserves it.

If the injury gods give Billy some respite there is no reason he can't be parked in the forward line in the last year of his contract.

He can lead, mark, and kick straight. Like Medhurst before him, he can play tall.

Never really had much doubt but great to get it done.

Three years should see him as a career Pie. Given how Buckley has spoken about his leadership of the forward line, he's just the type of player you want going later. Much like Pendles right now.

One of the biggest issues after 2010 was our veterans all retiring relatively young. It's important to mix some of that maturity and wisdom with the next gen.

You'd bottle him if you could, right?
Terrific player.
Terrific teammate & leader.
Terrific news!
He should be talked about in a similar fashion to Toby Green but without the issues attached, can do it all. Pity the injuries derailed him for so long, I do miss him flying for marks.

love that we gave him (he earned) 3 more

Never really had much doubt but great to get it done.

Three years should see him as a career Pie. Given how Buckley has spoken about his leadership of the forward line, he's just the type of player you want going later. Much like Pendles right now.

One of the biggest issues after 2010 was our veterans all retiring relatively young. It's important to mix some of that maturity and wisdom with the next gen.
Youre not wrong. Travis Cloke is only a year older than Tom Hawkins. Think about that. :'(

Very pleased to hear the news about Billy's contract. He's a wonderful asset to the team, a valued clubman and deserves some luck on the injury front.
I wonder why they went for 3 years instead of 2? Given his injury history the length of the contract might be a risk?
Often these negotiations meet on middle ground. He most likely wanted 3 years on a certain amount , the club wanted to give him only 2 years on that amount. Probably ended up 3 on a lesser amount per year

Often these negotiations meet on middle ground. He most likely wanted 3 years on a certain amount , the club wanted to give him only 2 years on that amount. Probably ended up 3 on a lesser amount per year
Alternatively, they agreed on a figure and just did it.
To expand on that, had a mature conversation about time left, how much we could afford/he wanted etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back