Rumour Jeremy Finlayson under investigation - 3 game suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

And we wonder why players are to afraid to be proudly out...
I don’t wonder that at all.

Because I couldn’t give a toss of a bloke was engaging with a female or a male

That’s one for the “not my business” files

Because I couldn’t give a toss of a bloke was sucking on a tit or a (ock.

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Because I couldn’t give a toss of a bloke was engaging with a female or a male

You don’t. That’s great.

But the player in question will get all kinds of disgusting messages on social media, be splashed all over front and back pages with their dating life, feel pressure to be perfect in whatever they do… no thanks

So many "hurhur can't say anything these days world's gone mad!" takes in here. Just the usual when something like this happens.
It sure is interesting to read the reactions to a homophobic slur as opposed to a racist one.

Neither race or sexuality are choice so one isn't worse than the other.

You don’t. That’s great.

But the player in question will get all kinds of disgusting messages on social media, be splashed all over front and back pages with their dating life, feel pressure to be perfect in whatever they do… no thanks
Ian Roberts did it 30 years ago waaayyyyy before it was accepted like it is today. In a more manlier sport (I’d say)

Tex Walker got 6 weeks for being racist.

I can't see much difference between being homophobic & racist both should be the same punishment.

This is exactly the reason why you won't see an AFL player ever come out anytime soon.

Tex Walker got 6 weeks for being racist.

I can't see much difference between being homophobic & racist both should be the same punishment.

This is exactly the reason why you won't see an AFL player ever come out anytime soon.
Yep, totally agree -that's exactly why we still don't have any Aboriginal players in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite what people will say, context actually matters in situations such as this.

Using it as an insult towards a straight person is completely different to doing it to a gay person.

It’s still not appropriate, but intent matters. Using a bad word doesn’t automatically = raging homophobe.
You're not getting the point. Saying it as a slur implies that being gay is something to be ridiculed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back