Jesse Hogan Contract Negotiations (Titus O'Reilly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if it's a complete list but:

Graham (Polly) Farmer captained Geelong 1965-67.
Gavin Wanganeen captained Port 1997-2000.
Michael Long was caretaker captain of Essendon 1999 (Hird played only two games due to stress fractures).
Chris Johnson was co-captain of Brisbane 2007.
Adam Goodes was co-captain of Sydney 2009-12.
Stephen Michael captained:
South Fremantle 1983-85
South Fremantle Indigenous Team of the Century
WA State of Origin side three times
All-Australian Team in 1983.

I'll repeat that last one...

He was captain of the All-Australian Team in 1983. This was the AA Team that year:
AA 83.JPG
Some pretty fair names in there...

So what will a nice smashing like this in the last game of the year do to Jesse's mindset ?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L09 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't impact too much. Surely his decision would've been made, if not shared.

The rumours continue to grow and will only intensify early next season if he doesn't sign, but that's no different to us with Fyfe.

There's always a couple of left field deals and again I wouldn't be surpried if Freo were in the thick of it this season.

Despite Fyfe making comments I truly wouldn't be suprised if someone like GC goes nuts and offer way overs for him and Freo list managers eventually say it's too good to refuse and use all picks to complete all other deals and possibly land others like Hogan or Lobb.

Wouldn't impact too much. Surely his decision would've been made, if not shared.

The rumours continue to grow and will only intensify early next season if he doesn't sign, but that's no different to us with Fyfe.

There's always a couple of left field deals and again I wouldn't be surpried if Freo were in the thick of it this season.

Despite Fyfe making comments I truly wouldn't be suprised if someone like GC goes nuts and offer way overs for him and Freo list managers eventually say it's too good to refuse and use all picks to complete all other deals and possibly land others like Hogan or Lobb.
I think our club would see Fyfe as untradeable. Hogan is much more likely to leave imo.

I want Jesse at the club, realistically though I'm not sure how the club would get it done, even with pick 3 on the table.

So what will a nice smashing like this in the last game of the year do to Jesse's mindset ?

Unlikely, he knows where Melbourne are at. Besides, have you paid attention to our scorelines lately? It's not particularly enticing either.

FWIW, I don't think he's fully decided what he's doing yet, but my money would still be on him staying put. He does that he pretty much gets to write his own cheque.

Unlikely, he knows where Melbourne are at. Besides, have you paid attention to our scorelines lately? It's not particularly enticing either.

FWIW, I don't think he's fully decided what he's doing yet, but my money would still be on him staying put. He does that he pretty much gets to write his own cheque.

Yeah, think Jessie would see Fremantle more on the basis of finals 2010, finals 2012, grand final 2013, semi final 2014 and prelim final 2015 compared to Melbourne with no finals 2006 to 2016.

I want Jesse at the club, realistically though I'm not sure how the club would get it done, even with pick 3 on the table.

It will be a step by step process, but here goes.

North over pay Mayne - BANG pick 22
Someone takes Clarke - BANG pick 37
Ballas goes to Essendon - BANG we upgrade our 3rd to their second. Effectively land pick 19.
Barlow, Suban, Ibbotson, DeBoer somehow collectively land us pick 25

That gives us 3, 19, 22, 25 and 37.

Firstly Lobb becomes priority number 1. So we give up pick 3 and a future 2nd to land him and McCarthy, GWS throw pick 16 back our way. DEAL DONE.

Next we need to get Hill home. Hawks don't mess about and accept pick 22. DEAL DONE.

Now we have 16,19,22 and 37 left and Hogan comes out and says he'd like to come to Freo.

That's a tough spot, but we immediately offer pick 16 and our future first. Melbourne say you're crazy. So we turn to Fyfe for currency. GC who are hell bent on landing a midfielder lose their marbles and offer pick 4, 6 and Nicholls. We squeeze a future 2nd out of them too, to replace the one we gave up for Lobb.

We then use pick 4 a future first and steak knives and land Hogan.

All done we land Hogan, Lobb, McCarthy, Hill, Nicholls, pick 6, 16, 19, 22 and 37. Somehow SPS slips to pick 6, we use 16 and 19 on 2 young defenders in Logue and Rotham. 22 we pick up some young slightly built Victorian based HBF just for LOLs.

10 players out and 10 players in. We rectify our spine with Nicholls and Lobb to shoulder the ruck. We have the most potent young forward line in the league with Hogan, McCarthy, Lobb, Apeness, Yarran, Walters and SPS.

It takes one year to get the players on the same page and then start our dynasty from 2018 onwards. Fyfe will also have broken down with 4 consecutive hamstring injuries and a career threatening shoulder injuries. Ballas burns out after 1 year despite his 3 year contract. Mayne keeps on Mayning and becomes Victoria's media darling for where North went wrong.

Barlow wins the 2017 premiership with whoever picks him up, because he deserves that.

Clarke turns out to be a really good ruckman, which initially annoys Freo fans, but then after our 4th premiership we accept that he is allowed to frolick elsewhere. He also turns his attention to DJing at festivals where he makes millions in unaudited earnings. The investigation leads to a jail term and the first stripping of The Brownlow Medal (2019) that has ever been seen. Even in success Clarke will somehow spud it up.

Suban is last heard being a player coach for a remote country town in Victoria at the age of 28, but the players revolt and send the town into a depression cycle and house price plummets in that area effectively making Suban worthless after he bought up the whole town.

Pavlich would obviously have joined Ross in 2018 and begin his coaching career with a record that makes Alan Jeans look like Matthew Knights.

You read it here first!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, think Jessie would see Fremantle more on the basis of finals 2010, finals 2012, grand final 2013, semi final 2014 and prelim final 2015 compared to Melbourne with no finals 2006 to 2016.
I agree and in his hometown

You know what people arnt stupid and know that with a full sqaud to pick from Freo would be playing finals

You are not allowed to trade your future first and any other rounds, either the first or the others only

Damn. Why do you have to throw that spanner in the works. Had it all lined up beautifully, complete with the demise of Clarke and Suban and glory to Barlow.

Back to the drawing board for me. This technicality is what will see us go from what I had to having Conca and Williams instead!

I don't think it'll get to next season, I (hope) think it'll be resolved one way or another by trade week. I am so ******* over this ******* speculation, just want him to commit or announce he wants to go. I don't mind Freo at all and was glad Pav was a career player for you, but * me I would have thought that would have meant a small minority of Freo fans would have been more respectful about all this. Sick of reading all year about how he is going to you guys and how its been wrapped up blah blah blah.

Doubt it'll happen but if Jesse wants out I'd offer him plus our 2017 1st for Fyfe and your 2016 2nd.

I don't think it'll get to next season, I (hope) think it'll be resolved one way or another by trade week. I am so ******* over this ******* speculation, just want him to commit or announce he wants to go. I don't mind Freo at all and was glad Pav was a career player for you, but **** me I would have thought that would have meant a small minority of Freo fans would have been more respectful about all this. Sick of reading all year about how he is going to you guys and how its been wrapped up blah blah blah.

Doubt it'll happen but if Jesse wants out I'd offer him plus our 2017 1st for Fyfe and your 2016 2nd.

We don't have a 2016 second rounder currently, plus unlikely we'd entertain that deal.
If Hogan wanted out we'd put up pick 3 a future second and a pick from our spud pile. We might offer a future first but then we'd on paper not have used a first in 3 years and hence would need to find one.
If Fyfe demanded to go to Melbourne and Hogan to Freo I'd still think it would take Hogan and your first from 2016.

We don't have a 2016 second rounder currently, plus unlikely we'd entertain that deal.
If Hogan wanted out we'd put up pick 3 a future second and a pick from our spud pile. We might offer a future first but then we'd on paper not have used a first in 3 years and hence would need to find one.
If Fyfe demanded to go to Melbourne and Hogan to Freo I'd still think it would take Hogan and your first from 2016.

Didn't know about the 1st rounder thing, guess it'd depend on whether Fyfe goes or not as he is the only currency I think you could get at least a 1st out of (Obviously he is worth more than just one 1st).

Honestly if I was Freo there is no way in hell I'd trade Fyfe for Hogan unless both of them are hellbent on getting to the respective clubs, but I'm not a Freo person so I don't see it from their POV. Jesse has some big attitude problems that won't suddenly go away with a trip west (May even get worse if you guys don't trend upwards).

Didn't know about the 1st rounder thing, guess it'd depend on whether Fyfe goes or not as he is the only currency I think you could get at least a 1st out of (Obviously he is worth more than just one 1st).

Honestly if I was Freo there is no way in hell I'd trade Fyfe for Hogan unless both of them are hellbent on getting to the respective clubs, but I'm not a Freo person so I don't see it from their POV. Jesse has some big attitude problems that won't suddenly go away with a trip west (May even get worse if you guys don't trend upwards).

I doubt it's an attitude thing. Looks like he's playing impaired. Reckon his back is playing up.

I don't think it'll get to next season, I (hope) think it'll be resolved one way or another by trade week. I am so ******* over this ******* speculation, just want him to commit or announce he wants to go. I don't mind Freo at all and was glad Pav was a career player for you, but **** me I would have thought that would have meant a small minority of Freo fans would have been more respectful about all this. Sick of reading all year about how he is going to you guys and how its been wrapped up blah blah blah.

Can't see him asking to leave (if indeed he wants to) this year. My view is he would have re signed by now if he was going to. Surely he would be sick of this speculation as the rest of us. It will be a long year next year, if he hasn't signed by then.

There is a lot of stuff you wouldn't have seen on the TV today, he was in a very shitty mood. Even had a crack at someone in the crowd at 3/4 time.
Interesting...
Have Jesse and Melbourne fans fallen out of love?
Time for a quickie divorce so that your new coach can begin his career with a team in harmony, perhaps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back