Jim Bartel

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he will go on for a while. Still probably got at least a year or two left in him if hes up for the challenge. I think it would definitely benefit the younger cats if he hung around and helped teach them the game. Since he has never relied on athleticism he will probably keep playing at a similar level too. At least his injury is on the minor end of the knee injuries and he will be back this year.

Sad to see a long term injury but some talk like he is dead, i would back him to play again this year from what i read, has a good footy brain, was never speedy

Wish him a speedy recovery, great player

Mmmm, "was never speedy" but you wish him a "speedy" recovery.....what are you trying to say.....:)

One of my favourite non-hawks, hope he makes a full recovery and that it doesn't affect his ability to continue.

Bartel is done, stick a fork in him. He has been a solid contributor for the Cats, but all careers come to an end.
He's slightly older than your captain. Plenty are wondering if he too is done

Hate the guy but wouldn't wish an injury on any player. Hope he gets up for finals.

You're not suggesting the Straight Setters will make them this year are you?

That aside, currently on 274 games and shame for a guy close to the end have to miss so much time.

Interesting to see what the Cats do at year's end with Kelly on 259 and Enright on 291.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not suggesting the Straight Setters will make them this year are you?

That aside, currently on 274 games and shame for a guy close to the end have to miss so much time.

Interesting to see what the Cats do at year's end with Kelly on 259 and Enright on 291.

Well my friend, it's more a case of I want them to make it just so we can punish them again in finals when it matters. Would you agree to that? :)

I hate how news reporters are all over players when they get out surgery the bloke was on bloody crutches they could of at least waited till he got to the car.
also what about the privacy of other people in the background entering or exiting hospitals/medical centres ?

He's slightly older than your captain. Plenty are wondering if he too is done

They are within their rights to worry as well. But Bartel doesn't just have knee problems atm, he has a bad history of head knocks - and is only one head knock away from dangerous territory. I think Bartel has been an absolute champion, but it becomes a risk vs reward type scenario at his age, and the risk becomes greater than the reward IMO. To my knowledge on Ablett, he only has shoulder concerns, granted they could threaten his career, but if he can get past the shoulder - then he is relatively sound going forward.

So you don't watch much footy then…….

If you do, this is embarrassing.

I've probably watched every game of football in the last 76 years.
If I say Bartel is done - then he is done.
Good career Jimmy Bartel, kick your feet up son.

I've probably watched every game of football in the last 76 years.
If I say Bartel is done - then he is done.
Good career Jimmy Bartel, kick your feet up son.

Been around a while myself. I guess though after 76 years you're entitled to talk through your hat. :thumbsu:

Bartel will be back, and has up to now been in excellent form. He should be back in time to stick it right up your mob later in the season.

Sit back and kick your own feet up Jack….and enjoy Jimmy's return.

Hate the guy but wouldn't wish an injury on any player. Hope he gets up for finals.
How can anyone in their right mind 'hate' Jimmy Bartel? He's had a great career, and while he is hard at it, he is always fair. He has massive respect form opposition players, and comes over as a very good bloke off the field as well as on it.

Bartel is just not hate-able. I think you know this deep down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back