Autopsy JLT Game 3: Suns v Dogs @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2017-03-09/jlt3-eade-postmatch
Rockets presser

Ainsworths had a bout of pneumonia between Mackay and tonight? Good on him for getting back and playing a bit of game time, even if he was largely un-sighted.
That explains that. For anybody who's never had a cold while playing sport, it basically feels like you've taken a giant dip in fitness and it's impossible to go 100% and run-out games or sprint properly.

Props to him for playing as well as he did.

It seems Rocket still wants Lemmens to be our lock down small defender. And allow Kolo & Saad to rebound freely. Just not sure the positives it could bring outweigh the negatives.

I just watched the game....great first half; ugly second half. We panicked and the dogs outclassed to the end.

Lynch was great, as always. Gary was pretty good. Jack needs to hang on to the damn ball.

At least it was the reigning premiers. On to round 1!

Finals 2017.

One thing I heard that I forgot to mention was Dermie said we had Joel Corey (Geelong) as an assistant coach. Can anyone confirm this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was giving us first use out of the ruck something we really haven't had before.
Yep, that's something Witts is good at and Grundy isn't, despite his good work around the ground.
Witts will thrive now he has an actual ruck coach too, something Collingwood has lacked for many years now.

Was giving us first use out of the ruck something we really haven't had before.
I nearly had a heart attack when he took a mark on the defensive wing with the ball coming out of the backline
I have never seen a Suns ruckman do that ever
Still waiting to see Zac Smith do it and he's playing at Geelong!

With all this 2 way running we've been doing today compared to what we normally see, plus the fast ball movement and getting numbers forward, and players just playing their 1st/2nd game of the year, it wouldn't surprise me if we slowed up in the 2nd half. We are still a very young team, learning this gameplan and running patterns in real match play.

But what we've seen already, wow! What a difference a few experienced, better users make to the team.

Hopefully we see Brodie in the 2nd half too.
you called this perfectly

boy did he ever, he would be the best short pass kicker in our team for accuracy I reckon and does it under pressure every time without coughing it up, what about his intercept marking very impressive
Also on Joyce, his kicking on his left-side really impressed me. A couple of times he was against the boundary on his left and hit passes that some in our team would be proud to kick on their preferred leg. He is just a natural. Also looking quite solid for a 2nd year.

you called this perfectly
;) Its a gift and a curse really.

I have a feeling teams are ideally going to be using two ruckman from now on. So it's not the end of Nicholls IMO.
Two ruckman where at least one of them has a bit of all round skill and can easily play up fwd or down back, all of our ruckman seem a bit one-dimensional. This is what Tommy needs to work on.. I actually think Tom will be a late bloomer and could be anything.. but until he can take a few more contested grabs, keep his feet in the contest and kick accurately around the ground he is going to find it hard to get a gig everyweek..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back