Jobeism

Jobe is semi ******ed.

Got the job because of his dad

Yet i always get a laugh how Melbourne folk think they are a "progressive" and a "world city".

I mean cafes and restaurants are unique.

Jobe is a true blue journo.

Oh deary me

I've seen horse s**t smarter than Jobe
Big night?

Sep 2, 2017
Oakleigh
AFL Club
Richmond
Could swear he said “Attidunal” at one point.
Jason Dunstall used it last week on On the Couch. I looked it up and it is a real word, but I’d never heard it before. I reckon Jobe was watching and thought to himself, That sounds smart, I’m going to work that into my commentary somehow.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Jason Dunstall used it last week on On the Couch. I looked it up and it is a real word, but I’d never heard it before. I reckon Jobe was watching and thought to himself, That sounds smart, I’m going to work that into my commentary somehow.

That is 101 on how footy pundits work, one of them learns a new word and then they all start saying it. A while back it was 'mulligans".

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Jobe is semi ******ed.

Got the job because of his dad

Yet i always get a laugh how Melbourne folk think they are a "progressive" and a "world city".

I mean cafes and restaurants are unique.

Jobe is a true blue journo.

Oh deary me

I've seen horse s**t smarter than Jobe
An Imbecile of the highest quality. Xavier College education ?

Blonk.

That is 101 on how footy pundits work, one of them learns a new word and then they all start saying it. A while back it was 'mulligans".
You often hear them all use the same phrase in one conversation after one guy uses it too.

I remember a pundit saying ‘make no bones’ a couple of years back and then everyone saying it in the next 5 minutes

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
You often hear them all use the same phrase in one conversation after one guy uses it too.

I remember a pundit saying ‘make no bones’ a couple of years back and then everyone saying it in the next 5 minutes
One that stood out for me was when 'perceived' pressure became a thing and they all fumbled over a bunch of different variations of 'perceived' whenever someone fumbled or rushed a kick.

Last edited:

GWT6

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne

This probably belongs in another thread - but if I would pay good money to find out which idiot thought it was clever to start calling goals "Majors". This has taken over every commentator in the last couple of years, and I have no idea why.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
I'm sure Dunstall would have said "attiTUdinal" Jobe is reported as having said "attidunal" missing the "tu"

I don't think "attidunal" is a word

Last edited:
Back