Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

The penny has definitely dropped his philosophy has changed we rarely go down the boundary and setup for a stoppage after stoppage now.
I don’t think it’s a matter of the players getting his system, it’s been a clear change in philosophy and it’s been great to watch.

Also great to watch him hit back at Dimma and Clarko.

Edit: sorry see you mean the penny has dropped with him.
The philosophy hasn't changed at all. Simple minds think a team who gets cornered in their defence elect to play that way, rather than fathom that it happens because the other team is better, thus constantly getting the ball forward against us at the time...

The way we played today was the exact way we played from 2011-2017. Scintillating overlap quick hands footy through the middle. 2018 and 2019 wasnt a s**t gameplan. It was a declining team who were unable to pull it off anymore.

Go watch games from 2016 when we were scoring 120+ week in week out and then try telling me he's a defensive coach.

The philosophy hasn't changed at all. Simple minds think a team who gets cornered in their defence elect to play that way, rather than fathom that it happens because the other team is better, thus constantly getting the ball forward against us at the time...

The way we played today was the exact way we played from 2011-2017. Scintillating overlap quick hands footy through the middle. 2018 and 2019 wasnt a sh*t gameplan. It was a declining team who were unable to pull it off anymore.

Go watch games from 2016 when we were scoring 120+ week in week out and then try telling me he's a defensive coach.
We’ve played on far more and used the corridor. We absolutely aren’t using the same game plan as we were last year.

It’s simple.

The way we played today was the exact way we played from 2011-2017. Scintillating overlap quick hands footy through the middle. 2018 and 2019 wasnt a sh*t gameplan. It was a declining team who were unable to pull it off anymore.

But it was the predictable kick to Sinclair on the boundary line every time and hope he takes a mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good coaching to put Hayward on Haynes as a defensive forward. Haynes has killed us with his intercept marking in the past.

Playing away from SCG where there is a lot more space helps also

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's become a very real thing. We play better on bigger grounds and the SCG does not suit our game plan as much. The SCG has wide wings which, granted, is more space on the ground, but not in the way this side is playing. We like to use space up and down the ground rather than side to side. Feels like we can get a bit cramped on the SCG because it's so short. Gotta find a way to make that work though.

It's become a very real thing. We play better on bigger grounds and the SCG does not suit our game plan as much. The SCG has wide wings which, granted, is more space on the ground, but not in the way this side is playing. We like to use space up and down the ground rather than side to side. Feels like we can get a bit cramped on the SCG because it's so short. Gotta find a way to make that work though.
Hate to say it (probably general discussion ) but we'd be better at ANZ.

Rohan Connolly had the same view on his Footyology podcast. Unfortunately his co-host is a sack of dog s**t not worth listening to.

I said before the season he had been told to lighten up among other things . Really pleased to see what's happening.
Dean Cox doesn't feel it getting lighter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back