Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Rampe is our only truly great kick. Buddy used to be but he's only human.

It'd be great to have a midfielder with great foot skills but they are rare as hen's teeth. There's a reason those that can (Ablett, Pendles, Martin, S. Mitchell) go on to become all-time greats.
Interesting point, seems a bit counter intuitive, would think midfielders should be the best kicks.

Interesting point, seems a bit counter intuitive, would think midfielders should be the best kicks.

I wouldn't. They're under the most pressure, and a fair portion of their kicks come from the contest, particularly for inside mids. As I said, it makes the guys who still use it well in those situations, like Ablett, Martin and the very vanilla Sam Mitchell and Scott Pendlebury, all the more rare.

The next best thing however is for an inside mid to realise his limitations and focus on getting it out to the more capable players on the outside, as opposed to trying to pull off kicks they can't do, like Fyfe, Dangerfield, Parker, Treloar, Sloane and Clayton Oliver are all guilty of.

Inside mids will get shat on by commentators if they've had 20-25 handballs and only 5-10 kicks in a game, but to me they've done their job to perfection if they've done no more than just get it out to the more damaging players around them.

why did they extend him when norf were offering him a deal then?
because like any human that has been offered top dollar for a job, Horse could have gone to north.. The Swans didn't 'panic' , they simply made a measured business decision.
Horses tenure at the Swans is getting closer to the end.. not because he's s**t, hes not - thats why north offered him big money, but because hes been here for 10 years. Im pretty sure the Swans are training the next senior coach (Blakey, Macca, Cox) to take over when appropriate

because like any human that has been offered top dollar for a job, Horse could have gone to north.. The Swans didn't 'panic' , they simply made a measured business decision.
Horses tenure at the Swans is getting closer to the end.. not because he's sh*t, hes not - thats why north offered him big money, but because hes been here for 10 years. Im pretty sure the Swans are training the next senior coach (Blakey, Macca, Cox) to take over when appropriate
Been there longer than 10 years ! Sheedy survived because he went through a lot of staff to keep it fresh.

Horses tenure at the Swans is getting closer to the end.. not because he's sh*t, hes not - thats why north offered him big money, but because hes been here for 10 years. Im pretty sure the Swans are training the next senior coach (Blakey, Macca, Cox) to take over when appropriate

Been here almost 20 years

The swans offered him a deal a year and a half early because otherwise he would have taken the north deal

Wether that’s panic or not yeah that’s subjective I agree , but I don’t know why they bothered personally

And if they train a coach in waiting again it’s ******* stupid

We need a clean out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been there longer than 10 years ! Sheedy survived because he went through a lot of staff to keep it fresh.

Yes didn’t just hire ex players every time as soon as they retired

Lose today and we are 17th going into round 7.
I mean,
who have we lost to that we should've beaten? Arguably we are exactly were everyone expected we would be, losing to teams like WB, WC, and Essedon (even though that one was pretty close) has become expected of this group. Not to say the team should lie down and take it, we should still try to perform our best footy, but I don't know why you expected us to go into round 7 with any more than maybe 1 extra win.

I mean,
who have we lost to that we should've beaten? Arguably we are exactly were everyone expected we would be, losing to teams like WB, WC, and Essedon (even though that one was pretty close) has become expected of this group. Not to say the team should lie down and take it, we should still try to perform our best footy, but I don't know why you expected us to go into round 7 with any more than maybe 1 extra win.

Bulldogs have not been good for years and Essendon are no where near a flag. West Coast are a good side but before meeting us they were terribly out of form.

Bulldogs have not been good for years and Essendon are no where near a flag. West Coast are a good side but before meeting us they were terribly out of form.
Bulldogs beat the giants a game before us and are arguably going to be top 4, West Coast also got their mojo back partly because we had all our ruckmen (4 ruckmen, because people thinks it's bad recruiting, but we had 4 injured ruckmen, find another team that has that many injured ruckmen) and Nic got on a roll against a defender.

Essedon I will concede on, but come on, if you say that should of been a win no matter what your expecting way too much of a team that finished bottom 4 last year. We will continue to lose and win games, but expecting us to win more than lose will be a very soul-crushing experience this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back