MRP / Trib. Jonas gets a week for a HTB tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

Shouldn't be a week but should've been a free kick to TMac. Umpiring was completely cooked last night and the AFL have just continued it here and with the Hunter decision. I think Salem also got fined for tripping JHF but if it's the incident I'm thinking of he tripped over his own feet (and got a free of course). Game has jumped the shark.

Shouldn't be a week but should've been a free kick to TMac. Umpiring was completely cooked last night and the AFL have just continued it here and with the Hunter decision. I think Salem also got fined for tripping JHF but if it's the incident I'm thinking of he tripped over his own feet (and got a free of course). Game has jumped the shark.

The worst one in the game was Viney sliding in and almost breaking dan Houston's legs, but that didn't even get looked at lol

We never saw a replay of the trip. JHF definitely went over Salem's leg but we never saw if Salem stuck it out or it was just an accident.

And dangerous tackles will be a week from now on. People need to learn that.

Only a Brownlow medal favourite will get away with a dangerous tackle from now on.

It's irrelevant what the on field umpire decided. McDonalds head hit the ground first. Maybe the on field ump was blindsided to that.

On precedence it’s a week.

The umpire doesn’t have the luxury of rewatching an incident with multiple angles. If McDonald got a free kick would you be more accepting of the suspension? Strange hill to die on imo.

On precedence it’s a week.

The umpire doesn’t have the luxury of rewatching an incident with multiple angles. If McDonald got a free kick would you be more accepting of the suspension? Strange hill to die on imo.
How is it a week? He tackled him by the jumper, never swung him. McDonald fell to the ground, his arms were free.

How tmac didn't get a free during play is more absurd than the 1 week susp, but that did suit how the game was being officiated. Games stuffed, put it in the bin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it a week? He tackled him by the jumper, never swung him. McDonald fell to the ground, his arms were free.
He tackled him and McDonald’s head hit the ground.

As I said, he’s suspended by virtue of precedence.

Should have been suspended the week before for hitting Zurhaar in the head with his shoulder anyway.

But the best thing about this thread is that someone used the term "woke mind virus". Made my day.

We never saw a replay of the trip. JHF definitely went over Salem's leg but we never saw if Salem stuck it out or it was just an accident.

And dangerous tackles will be a week from now on. People need to learn that.

Only a Brownlow medal favourite will get away with a dangerous tackle from now on.
I may have been thinking of a different incident then, I do remember Salem sticking his leg out early in the game. The one I was thinking of was in the last quarter I think against Viney. There was no video on the AFL app last night tho so couldn't verify

Ideally, hunter and jonas both get off (with tmac receiving a FK during play) and viney cops a week for that slide in which I agree was reckless and dangerous

Should have been suspended the week before for hitting Zurhaar in the head with his shoulder anyway.

But the best thing about this thread is that someone used the term "woke mind virus". Made my day.

Yeah agreed, I'd have been happy with him getting a week for the hit on zurhaar than the tackle this week lol

not too dissimilar to Merrett tackle.
grabs jumper, drags player down and head hits ground.

main diff is pinned arm had the ball, rather than being the fend arm
Is how they're adjudicated and Port were wise to waste time challenging.

Port tax. lol

Rioli got two for a flapping hand.

This is why people say we pay a Port tax.

The bump on Rozee is worth more than a week too, but like the Viney hit on Boak off the ball they tend to not do too much.

You did get away with this one. Kelly has been out for two weeks with concussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back