Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

https://thewalrus.ca/the-professor-of-piffle/

to give you ammunition to attack his looks - he does not have blue hair:
Ira_wells.JPG

Ira_wells.JPG

I'm not altogether sure that a defence of traditional hierarchies, stretching back for millennia, can so easily be dismissed as 'wafer-thin piffle'.

If we're talking about Plato & Aristotle versus Foucault & Derrida, then I know which side I'm on.....And it aint the side of the post-modern 'it's all relative' dilettantes.

I'm not altogether sure that a defence of traditional hierarchies, stretching back for millennia, can so easily be dismissed as 'wafer-thin piffle'.

If we're talking about Plato & Aristotle versus Foucault & Derrida, then I know which side I'm on.....And it aint the side of the post-modern 'it's all relative' dilettantes.

Have you ever read any Foucault - don't believe the reactionary hype. Its a reaction to 20th century totalitarian regimes - it means cynicism to claims of truth - like that a political party can be the embodiment of the Will of the People. Particularly from reactionary arseholes that try to pretend that hierarchies as represented in 20 century Western Culture are immutable, permanent and do not change over time. In Birth of the Clinic it was "sane" and "mad", in the order of things it was classification regimes, in Discipline and Punish norms of punishment - everything changes over time.

Your counterpointing of Plato and Aristotle and those two is ridiculous - so your metaphysics for the history of ideas is the theory of the forms? and the ******* classes divided into philosophers, soldiers and producers - its nonsense. Philosophers are not like football teams mate

Peto's analysis of post modern philosophers as cultural marxists is a joke and belies the history of ideas. Post Modernists are people that gave up on the project of modernism because of its perverse expressions in fascism and communism

What gets me is that someone can accept "women are chaos" as an immutable fact but reject any other meta theory.

Last edited:
Have you ever read any Foucault - don't believe the reactionary hype. Its a reaction to 20th century totalitarian regimes - it means cynicism to claims of truth - like that a political party can be the embodiment of the Will of the People. Particularly from reactionary arseholes that try to pretend that hierarchies as represented in 20 century Western Culture are immutable, permanent and do not change over time. In Birth of the Clinic it was "sane" and "mad", in the order of things it was classification regimes, in Discipline and Punish norms of punishment - everything changes over time.

Your counterpointing of Plato and Aristotle and those two is ridiculous - so your metaphysics for the history of ideas is the theory of the forms? and the ******* classes divided into philosophers, soldiers and producers - its nonsense. Philosophers are not like football teams mate

Peto's analysis of post modern philosophers as cultural marxists is a joke and belies the history of ideas. Post Modernists are people that gave up on the project of modernism because of its perverse expressions in fascism and communism

What gets me is that someone can accept "women are chaos" as an immutable fact but reject any other meta theory.

The Republic is all about the just society & how there is indeed an organic unity that pervades it's underlying hierarchical structures, in order for it to function successfully at all.....I definitely hold to the traditional line of thought that we are all born with innate talents that pre-dispose us to certain vocations.

I don't mind the critique of modernity that emanates out of the post-modern schools, if it means we can find better alternatives....But much of it just strikes me as reactionary in nature & an all out assault on integrity & certitude.

When I offer up Plato & Aristotle as counters, I'm prefacing their monolithic body of works as examples of integral systems, juxtaposed to adolescent reactionary revolutionaries, who - for the most part- just want to tear everything down.....The baby with the bath-water often-times comes to mind.

Hmm.

Peterson rejects the theory of multiple intelligences (emotional intelligence, musical intelligence, and so on) and insists that all of human intelligence is biologically determined, essentially unalterable, and expressed in a single number that can be ranked.​

The vast majority of scientific research rejects the theory of multiple intelligences, and genome wide association studies are increasingly finding that intelligence is primarily genetically determined. Peterson's assertions only seem absurd to people not up to date on the science, which it seems Ira Wells is not.

What gets me is the inability to separate symbology with being literal.

Sums up the Peterson stupidity perfectly.

It just goes to show how many people are blissfully unaware that they have succumbed to programmed, emotionally constructed auto-cues (left/right paradigms etc.).

Many people are very poor thinkers.

Here's a good article outlining how things have got so out of whack:

upload_2018-8-15_5-59-22.png

http://quillette.com/2017/05/03/time-retire-political-spectrum/

If you take just a moment to consider the historical arrival and post modernism - why and why now? And what is driving this?

Once that question is honestly asked and so obvious the answer - namely the catastrophic unparalleled wars, gulags, genocides

Is it remotely surprising like post modernism arrives and throws the baby out with the bath water.

PM is cynicism, disgust, suicidal, nihilistic

And after the events of the 20 th
A level of mental derangement must be inevitable. There is a lot to digest and the desire to reject everything that created the 20 th is palatable - visceral

It’s now well time to move on.
Tantrum time is over - it’s Trump time.

Women are not chaos
The feminine - as archetype - evolves to become in our unconscious related to mystery creation chaos.

That is hardly controversial

What do you mean by Meta theory?
The theory on theories ?
What do you imagine Jordan rejects?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sums up the Peterson stupidity perfectly.

It just goes to show how many people are blissfully unaware that they have succumbed to programmed, emotionally constructed auto-cues (left/right paradigms etc.).

Many people are very poor thinkers.

Here's a good article outlining how things have got so out of whack:

View attachment 543353

http://quillette.com/2017/05/03/time-retire-political-spectrum/
First, comprehend what Peterson is saying about heirarchy.
Then the confusion of that article is self evident and criticism of Peterson both impossible and irrelevant.

40 years of POst modern themes has rendered a majority of academia and the population incapable of sustaining adversarial contentious nuanced thought.

What gets me is anyone who has ever been married knows women are chaos.

Their old battle axe mothers and grandmothers being the archetypes to the modern offspring's campaignering behaviour.

They have a secret feminine shrine out the back where they prey that you should experience profound suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, self-contempt, the torture of mistrust, and the wretchedness of the vanquished.

You lot would know that if you weren't such a bunch of whiny sjw's, grovelling for the scraps at their feminazi feet.

Their old battle axe mothers and grandmothers being the archetypes to the modern offspring's campaignering behaviour.

They have a secret feminine shrine out the back where they prey that you should experience profound suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, self-contempt, the torture of mistrust, and the wretchedness of the vanquished.

You lot would know that if you weren't such a bunch of whiny sjw's, grovelling for the scraps at their feminazi feet.
Geez. You really got messed up by a girl didn't ya?

No shrine out the back
Just a front bottom

Don't marry any woman that is not your best friend.

This says so much more about you than it does about women.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back