Player Watch Jordan Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunn would have been the option to throw Darcy forward now and then

Well no way we could accommodate all of Roughie, Moore and Dunn because the lineup would be too slow. One would have to make way. I agree that Dunn kicks with more penetrating and Rough can be a bit slow but he is the best one on one player out of that trio. Moore is not good one on one so there is an argument to have Rough and Dunn ahead of him and play him forward if we have injuries to Cox etc. Funny how with Roughie he is almost surplus to requirements.

How good has this bloke been?

How good has this bloke been?

Been a lot better than l hoped he would be, and l like the fact that he quietly goes about it with no fuss what so ever. Very dependable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a lot better than l hoped he would be, and l like the fact that he quietly goes about it with no fuss what so ever. Very dependable

I had a die hard Doggies fan tell me after we recruited him that he was too slow to play in the backline........

7FC2AD14-8C04-4575-AA4E-C02612C7D798.gif

Like Dunne before him, this bargain basement acquisition was a master stroke.

Has been a great asset. No world beater, but, he’s dependable, a nice and mark. Fits in great in our back 6.

Kudos to the big man. I reckon he’ll end up a close to a 100 game player for our club.

I had a die hard Doggies fan tell me after we recruited him that he was too slow to play in the backline........

View attachment 697859
Same. When we recruited him, my dogs friend told me he could only do ruck... but was sad to see him go as he was a great bloke.

Jordan Roughead

Jordan Roughead has had an incredible 2019. After being put on the trade table by the Western Bulldogs, the Magpies snapped up the out-of-favour premiership player in exchange for pick 75.

He’s proved to be a mainstay of the Magpies’ defence, playing every game for third-placed Collingwood.

His consistency has allowed Darcy Moore to play as an intercept defender, who is himself having a breakout season down back.

Roughead is rated as above average for spoils and one percenters per game according to Champion Data (7.5 and 6.9 respectively), and elite for kicking efficiency.

What is his kicking efficiency for the year? Must be pretty close to the highest in the league.

What is his kicking efficiency for the year? Must be pretty close to the highest in the league.

Currently 4th league wide.

I'm glad you guys have given Roughy a new lease on life. But it would be great if he was still running around for us :(
I’m still astonished he was traded away so easily given the lack of height in your defence...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back