News Josh Caddy - We're out of the race [Emma Quayle]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whether we get Caddy or not, it wont take away from the fact the kid can play. Scoring 15 goals as a midfielder in his second season having only played 2 games the season before isn't something to laugh at. I rate him regardless. I just want him on our list.

wait...so adelaide lose tippett (whos worth a first round pick possible.top 10) and a 1st round pick. and essendon lose monfries (worth and 2nd or 3rd pick at best) and hooker/pears (worth 2nd or 3rd) and u think thats fair?

Or they could lose Tippett for nothing. That's the alternative. Which would you take?

Is this just speculating or have you heard otherwise?
Mostly speculation, now.

Up until about two weeks ago (~), I was told we still had him.

This stuff makes me doubtful, but as it's the last I've heard from my reliable guy, I'm just gonna go with "we'll still get him".

Now last year's gambit looks stupid.

We get him going to a more direct competitor. Not good.
Yeah and no.

It would be really frustrating for us (club + supporters), and in hindsight annoying that we'd help out a rival club, but there wasn't anything more we could've done last year.. unless you wanted to give up Hurley.

I hope your right Kong, contact your 'guy' and see what he says now lol.

It just doesnt look good and I dont know what we can offer to get him home.

How about this for a trade?

Essendon: Monfries & (Hooker or Pears) to Adelaide
Adelaide: Tippett + 1st Round Pick to Gold Coast
Gold Coast: Caddy & Toy to Essendon

I think this is a fair and well rounded trade where none of the parties seemingly get ripped off. In the end Essendon probably give up more, but get the man they want. Happy to hear your thoughts on this.

Gold Coast get Tippett and a first round pick for Caddy and a bloke who can't get a game?

I'd refuse to be part of it on principle alone.

Adelaide also gets totally screwed and would not be interested in losing Tippett and its first round pick for Gus and Hooker/Pears.

Gold Coast get Tippett and a first round pick for Caddy and a bloke who can't get a game?

I'd refuse to be part of it on principle alone.

Adelaide also gets totally screwed and would not be interested in losing Tippett and its first round pick for Gus and Hooker/Pears.

The alternative is to lose him for free isn't it??

Lets just hope he walks an puts some figure on his head and makes it unofficially known he wants to be a bomber, and we can then get him in the national draft ala Luke Ball.

Otherwise, I hope we are drafting up a nice tempting offer to Moloney.

They could just swap him for a player they want or take a pick or two.

They could. But would they get a defender thats proven or played? Probably not. They are lacking a good to medium defender. The fact that GC could get him for nothing as a free agent, they don't have to give up anything. However the trade faciliates needs for all teams and mainly we get a player we wanted last year as well. Adelaide dont lose him for nothing and have at worst trade chips to chase who they want.

But they do need a defender and they have a tradeable asset in Monfries to Port Adelaide (if they are interested). He can also play lead up and they are losing a forward and would get one back in return. Otherwise could we get Gumbleton in for onfries and either Hooker or Pears?
Any decent side isn't going to want Monfries, because he wouldn't get a game for a decent side.

Any decent side isn't going to want Monfries, because he wouldn't get a game for a decent side.

Again I dont agree or disagree. One mans trash another mans treasure. But the key is Pears or Hooker. Something they do require. Anyway it was a suggestion, I think it's fair and could possibily facilitate a trade between all 3 teams.

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing but, I can't see how Adelaide need the defender.

The reason they were short of option for the prelim was because Talia and Shaw were both out. They have a number of options on their list too.

Lets just hope he walks an puts some figure on his head and makes it unofficially known he wants to be a bomber, and we can then get him in the national draft ala Luke Ball.

Otherwise, I hope we are drafting up a nice tempting offer to Moloney.

Still don’t know exactly how or why Ball got to Collingwood. Most blatant piece of draft tampering in history, and the other clubs just let it happen.

Again I dont agree or disagree. One mans trash another mans treasure. But the key is Pears or Hooker. Something they do require. Anyway it was a suggestion, I think it's fair and could possibily facilitate a trade between all 3 teams.
As has been stated a squillion times in this and any other thread relating to Angus Monfries, he is a free agent, so he is not going to be traded. He is "walking" or staying. If Port put up an offer, then Essendon match it, they are committed to that contract, if there is some sort of "agreement" in place for them to trade to avoid the loss of compensation, they are then stuck with him if something goes wrong, and the player would not want to take the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back