Remove this Banner Ad

It reads as if the items were contained inside the 'big brown bag'.
So a throw would be enough - its the most likely scenario- Bag lying on top of unconscious/subdued woman - grab bag - move over to the other side of the deserted road - use the swing force to give it a good hoik and let the weight carry it as far as possible

Drivers side matches direction they were found and above scenario

"The Marine Area Command use modelling software looking at drift patterns and coastal patterns," Assistant Commissioner Willing said.

So they have the modelling software now metic and it was pretty spot on, I wonder if anybody has thought to use it for the Julie Cutler case.

So they have the modelling software now metic and it was pretty spot on, I wonder if anybody has thought to use it for the Julie Cutler case.
I have done this type of work for the Cutler case and also a missing boy in the gulf of Mexico which proved correct when the authorities plotted similar to me (a few months after I did )
Have given advice about the leeuwin current effect on swell directions on the WA coast which the UWA oceanographers studied after I tipped them off.
Anyone who followed my work on the Cutler case will know I plotted a course & predicted.
Kurve you may remember (or maybe forgot? )
I said she would have gone south - south west at first few days, And then nowhere!. I mean she would have washed ashore from the following frontal weather after a few days from the initial disappearance. The winds blew onshore.
You may remember the police searched as far north as yanchep which I said was the wrong direction- like 180° wrong !
Believe who you want

So a throw would be enough - its the most likely scenario- Bag lying on top of unconscious/subdued woman - grab bag - move over to the other side of the deserted road - use the swing force to give it a good hoik and let the weight carry it as far as possible

Drivers side matches direction they were found and above scenario
I don't think throwing a bag out the car would have made it that far. That just my opinion because I know that road and there's a few metres between the dune and the road. And if car was going south it would be on the east side of hwy. Only a north bound car would be on the seaside of the road. So thats another few metres extra unless the car crossed over into oncoming traffic.

I don't think throwing a bag out the car would have made it that far. That just my opinion because I know that road and there's a few metres between the dune and the road. And if car was going south it would be on the east side of hwy. Only a north bound car would be on the seaside of the road. So thats another few metres extra unless the car crossed over into oncoming traffic.
That's my scenario. Quiet night and a quick veer across road. Swing back after

I have done this type of work for the Cutler case and also a missing boy in the gulf of Mexico which proved correct when the authorities plotted similar to me (a few months after I did )
Have given advice about the leeuwin current effect on swell directions on the WA coast which the UWA oceanographers studied after I tipped them off.
Anyone who followed my work on the Cutler case will know I plotted a course & predicted.
Kurve you may remember (or maybe forgot? )
I said she would have gone south - south west at first few days, And then nowhere!. I mean she would have washed ashore from the following frontal weather after a few days from the initial disappearance. The winds blew onshore.
You may remember the police searched as far north as yanchep which I said was the wrong direction- like 180° wrong !
Believe who you want

Of course I didn't forget the great work you did on this or I wouldn't have tagged you, I would be curious how it matches against your findings and whether the cops have thought to look. Also wonder if it will come out in an app at some point.

Of course I didn't forget the great work you did on this or I wouldn't have tagged you, I would be curious how it matches against your findings and whether the cops have thought to look. Also wonder if it will come out in an app at some point.
Thanks Kurve!
Somewhere between Rockingham and Leighton there maybe parts of the skeleton washed ashore. Problem was that police looked north and so the public probably did too. The leeuwin current was hardly even known about in 1988!

Thanks Kurve!
Somewhere between Rockingham and Leighton there maybe parts of the skeleton washed ashore. Problem was that police looked north and so the public probably did too. The leeuwin current was hardly even known about in 1988!

Have they factored that tricky leeuwin current in? Where can we find the software? :)

She went south, but not far,
There's nothing to this, The modeling will just mirror what I said.
Look between Rockingham and cottesloe if keen to walk the beach hoping to find something!

It was a great discussion actually and in the finding of something really significant in that the cops had headed in the wrong direction looking for Julie.

Which of course, would have sent anybody else wanting to look for Julie north instead of south.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A friend who lived in area phoned to remind me of the deceased naked guy. How strange that he was found just after Julie. Could she have been caught with another guy by her ex boyfriend (not the guy who moved to victoria and came back to help search in 1988) who I understand was described as undesirable and he took action against the two in a rage?

This was posted on another forum 3 years ago by a guy:
" I am, or was, a friend of Julie Cutler, who went missing in Perth in June 1988. She went to uni with Bradley Edwards. Does anyone know if he got busted for steroids? She mentioned an athletic guy she was 'dating' who got busted in a letter she wrote in 1988 not long before she disappeared."

Was the boyfriend that moved to Victoria here when Julie disappeared or did he come after? Also do you think the man mentioned in the other forums post is the bouncer boyfriend?

I keep going back to the recent Post article & wonder if there was always more to the nightclub aspect that police have always known about?

Considering the article from July 1988 "Boyfriends bid to solve missing Julie mystery" that spoke of her ex who had come from Melbourne because the "CIB major crime squad had run out of leads".

"He had already had a 6 hour discussion with major crime squad detectives handling the case and earlier this week he began to make his own enquiries into the nightclub scene".

"Julie was into the club scene. Its possible she went somewhere after leaving the Parmelia Hotel function."

"Maybe I've got a better chance of being told something in the scene than police".

19 year old ex who worked with her in UK & had a new girlfriend but remained close to Julie. Living in Melbourne & caught the train to Perth, met with police, then went to Kalgoorlie to see her father & sister before returning to Perth. Sounds like there may be a little more to this to me.
Can you please post the link to this article? I’ve tried google and can’t find it.

This was posted on another forum 3 years ago by a guy:
" I am, or was, a friend of Julie Cutler, who went missing in Perth in June 1988. She went to uni with Bradley Edwards. Does anyone know if he got busted for steroids? She mentioned an athletic guy she was 'dating' who got busted in a letter she wrote in 1988 not long before she disappeared."

Was the boyfriend that moved to Victoria here when Julie disappeared or did he come after? Also do you think the man mentioned in the other forums post is the bouncer boyfriend?
He also says a couple of posts later, after being corrected, that he was wrong about BRE going to uni. He also asks about steroids because (according to him) the guy she was dating had an athletic build. Nothing to see here.

He also says a couple of posts later, after being corrected, that he was wrong about BRE going to uni. He also asks about steroids because (according to him) the guy she was dating had an athletic build. Nothing to see here.
I did a bit of digging into the person that put that post up. He’s 2 years Julie’s Jnr and lives in Ballarat. Just wondering if he is the boyfriend that moved to Victoria. People on this forum seems to know about the boyfriend but I can’t find anything in the media.

T
I did a bit of digging into the person that put that post up. He’s 2 years Julie’s Jnr and lives in Ballarat. Just wondering if he is the boyfriend that moved to Victoria. People on this forum seems to know about the boyfriend but I can’t find anything in the media.
There are a couple of unsolved murders in Victoria, I haven’t had a look at a map to see where they are in relation to each other. Brunettes who were strangled at their home and the body was taken and dumped elsewhere. Tracey Howard, Belinda Williams. There are a couple that were strangled in their homes. I am overthinking this one 😳

Can you please post the link to this article? I’ve tried google and can’t find it.

The only article I could find that I appear to make reference to firstly when saying "I keep going back to the recent Post article" would have to be the one posted by BFew at the above link as I would have been referring to something recently posted here. In saying that, the article doesnt appear to have much relevance to my comments though so I really have no idea what I caused me to say that specifically. If you trawl further back from there you may find another more relevant article though.

If your speaking of the older article I also mentioned, I can have a look back for you but most of my stuff has been stored on phones that arent backed up & the one I'm using now is not the one I had then, so I may not find it regardless.
I'd be inclined to suggest that most articles can probably be found somewhere here on the thread though regardless where they popped up originally or how old they are, it may just take a long hard look to find them. Can you search for posts with media items attached? I honestly don't know the answer to that but I'm thinking it's likely possible & sure someone will chime in if they know...or they can't find it for you. I'll have a poke around though too.

Just read your other comments here about the boyfriend. Haven't come across the article you were asking about but I found a very summarised version of many of the articles that were written about her at the time incl the one you want.
I have no idea where this is from & whether it's my own work or I've copied it from somewhere/one else, but my apologies to anyone if it was actually theirs. Having a really hard time with the memory atm which I hope will pass, in the meantime, I can't remember jackshit. It's possible I wrote this myself. Detail doesn't really correlate to the intro describing the articles in regard to boyfriend though I'm sorry or maybe they were just crap articles, I'm not sure.

08Jul88 Daily News.
2 separate articles, headlines and details almost the same.
1st brief, 2nd details boyfriend in depth.
"Bizarre case baffles police/Boyfriends bid to find lost Julie" & "Boyfriends bid to solve missing Julie mystery".

- John Gilbert (19) her ex who now has another girlfriend arrived from Melbourne, has remained good friends with Julie.
- Hasn't touched bank accounts.
- Had no money with her.
- Didn't take clothes.
- Wouldn't suicide or drop out for personal reasons.
- He had a 6 hr discussion with Macro & has begun his own investigations into nightclub scene.
- She was into club scene and he believes he may have a better chance of getting someone to talk to him instead of police
- She walked to the car park with another woman and was last seen standing outside her car.
- Police are now convinced the car was driven off the groyne and Julie wasn't in it.
- Police want to speak to the person that called claiming to be Julie after her father appeared at a press conference held 27Jun88 who wanted to let her father know she was ok but wanted to be left alone. Also she would contact a reporter soon.
- 2 promising leads led to nothing
- Reports of bus sighting incorrect.
- Screams in Cottesloe turned out to be a brawl involving young people
- Black High collared evening gown.

Daily News 09Jul88 "Bizarre case has detectives stumped"
- all leads have petered out
- murder or kidnapping not ruled out
- relying on public info with plea to come forward with any info
- details of her wearing a black high necked evening gown with gold buttons on the right lapel, black stockings & glossy black shoes
- she and another woman walked to carpark
- julie walked to car alone & was last seen standing at the passenger door
- they dont know the route taken out of the hotel
- julie didnt smoke or drink beer regularly.

Not really sure what your interested in finding but just found this convoluted mess a little further down that appears to refer to Julie's current boyfriend at the time. Make of it what you can.

"30Nov18 - Post"
Relays a hearsay story told to an ex cop about a statement given to police in 2015 detailing a conversation that occured years prior (at a Newman mine site according to Shan Low & as told to Trevor McLernon) between the witness & the ex boyfriend of Julies/ex doorman at the Racquet Club, who claimed he murdered her and put her car in the sea.
Apparently he told this to a workmate at Newman Mining who went to cops with it, but they didnt listen to him because he was in the s**t over a car fire at the time.

Terrance McLernon (ex cop turned PI) claims it was Pace who then ran the witness to whom the alleged boyfriend told this story to, out of town. Allegedly confession made while working for Newcrest Mining. Witness had signed paperwork to this effect that was seen by the PI.

O
Just read your other comments here about the boyfriend. Haven't come across the article you were asking about but I found a very summarised version of many of the articles that were written about her at the time incl the one you want.
I have no idea where this is from & whether it's my own work or I've copied it from somewhere/one else, but my apologies to anyone if it was actually theirs. Having a really hard time with the memory atm which I hope will pass, in the meantime, I can't remember jackshit. It's possible I wrote this myself. Detail doesn't really correlate to the intro describing the articles in regard to boyfriend though I'm sorry or maybe they were just crap articles, I'm not sure.

08Jul88 Daily News.
"Bizarre case baffles police/Boyfriends bid to find lost Julie" & "Boyfriends bid to solve missing Julie mystery".

- John Gilbert (19) her ex who now has another girlfriend arrived from Melbourne, has remained good friends with Julie.
- Had no money with her.
- Didn't take clothes.
- He had a 6 hr discussion with Macro & has begun his own investigations into nightclub scene.
- She was into club scene and he believes he may have a better chance of getting someone to talk to him instead of police
- She walked to the car park with another woman and was last seen standing outside her car.
- Police are now convinced the car was driven off the groyne and Julie wasn't in it.
- Police want to speak to the person that called claiming to be Julie after her father appeared at a press conference held 27Jun88 who wanted to let her father know she was ok but wanted to be left alone. Also she would contact a reporter soon.

- details of her wearing a black high necked evening gown with gold buttons on the right lapel, black stockings & glossy black shoes
Oh, his name is John Gilbert… the guy I found linked to the other Reddit post I put up is Nick (not going to mention last name)… it seems odd to me that his post on Reddit uses very informal language yet he is highly educated. Not sure why exactly but seems like in his reddit post 3 years ago re BRE he was attempting to come across as someone completely different to who he is? Also this nick guy is 2 years Julie’s junior and was studying the same as her at the same time but at a Melbourne University. He reminds me of BRE I guess… has a girlfriend or wife, educated, works in the private school system, kids soccer coach.

Last edited:

08Jul88 Daily News.

- Had no money with her.
- Didn't take clothes.

Thank you for posting these!

T

There are a couple of unsolved murders in Victoria, I haven’t had a look at a map to see where they are in relation to each other. Brunettes who were strangled at their home and the body was taken and dumped elsewhere. Tracey Howard, Belinda Williams. There are a couple that were strangled in their homes. I am overthinking this one 😳
This pic of Tracey Howard is a better one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back