Remove this Banner Ad

Staff might have been gifted diaries by Hawaiian in the take over. She had a gaggle of Parmelia champagne flutes in the car. She had been to the staff party at Parmelia that night.

Maybe staff got a box of flutes and a diary at the awards night?

I think the new Perth Hilton building is owned by others, leased to Hilton.

Was Hawaiian her new employer?

Staff might have been gifted diaries by Hawaiian in the take over. She had a gaggle of Parmelia champagne flutes in the car. She had been to the staff party at Parmelia that night.

Maybe staff got a box of flutes and a diary at the awards night?

I think the new Perth Hilton building is owned by others, leased to Hilton.

Was Hawaiian her new employer?
Hawaiian didn't exist until 1993
https://www.hawaiian.com.au/about-us/our-story/

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I should think that it might open a new avenue of inquiry. Maybe the diary came into the possession of someone that was still working at the Parmelia years later, and buried years later. Did they come into it's possession on the night that Julie disappeared and dispose of it later on? Was whoever was responsible for her disappearance a long term employee of the Parmelia? Was it a work colleague? Are they are still there now?

Or were they a guest at the hotel? Did they hide the diary on the night, then book a room years later to find and retrieve it for disposal?

Many questions that the extraneous Hawaiian biro could raise, if it was indeed Julie's stuff that was buried with it?

Very valid line of enquiry. I would think , IF the items are Julies , or one item can be linked, then the police are already thinking the same

So some six years later, someone finds a diary in the sand dunes at Beach st, with little in it, rings the police and reports it as Julie Cutlers possessions when the company didnt start till 5 years after the crime?

Look I found a pen in the sand, I think Ill ring police and say its Julie Cutlers. There has to be more...

Do we know if the Hawaiian biro was actually the company or was it a pen with a picture of a palm tree and a couple of coconuts on it saying Hawaiian or Made In Hawaii.?

Like a give away on a plane, or purchased from the gift shop at the airport in Honolulu?

I only found this, but not sure. Catering businesses etc. I still ponder Hawaiian exist prior 1993 in a different entity?

https://abr.business.gov.au/AbnHistory/View?id=56062193426

Today police revealed they had destroyed a purse, diary and other personal belongings, which were found by a member of the public at the beach.
The evidence was destroyed 11 years ago but a review of photographs of the items has now revealed they may have been Ms Cutler's possessions.
"As a result of our investigation some items that were dismissed in 1997 as not being Julie's, we found they may possibly be Julie's," Detective Sergeant Gailene Hamilton said.

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/11/27/16/10/perth-forensic-dig-julie-culter-cold-case

Last edited:
That's not relevant imo. A catering company or hotelier / property developer promoting their business in WA wouldn't be giving away pens with Hawaiian written all over them. If it was Julie's she brought it back with her from overseas.
Overseas?
Apparently the family behind the money to give away Biros and bankroll the acquisition of Lord McAlpine's old properties banked in the Bahamas.
https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/20143649

I have a feeling it relates to Julies travels, if it is hers. However, there is mentioned of a bag also.

"Today police revealed they had destroyed a purse, diary and other personal belongings"

If the company didn't exist till 1993, it's impossible Julie have access the brand-ware like pens and diary.

Julie traveled so she may well have been to Hawaii? Someone may have however found her lost purse.

Maybe someone had a broader stash there? A glory box of sorts?

If the company didn't exist till 1993, it's impossible Julie have access the brand-ware like pens and diary.

Julie traveled so she may well have been to Hawaii? Someone may have however found her lost purse.

Maybe someone had a broader stash there? A glory box of sorts?

Julie went to Europe iirc, to stop over in Hawaii isn't really cost efficient but who knows. She might have also borrowed the pen off someone and just not returned it or taken it out of a box of stuff guests at the Parmelia might have left behind in their room. Julie might have got a few things from the hotel, like champagne flutes ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it a pen from Hawaii or is it a branded pen from the company called Hawaii ?

Use your logic.
Items were found in 1996.
Police dismissed them and destroyed them. Why?
Logic tells me, that it was most likely because the pen carried the logo of a business that didn't exist until 1992/1993.
It is in all likelihood a branded pen.

If the other items were Julie's, then this is significant if the pen dates the disposal to at least 5 years after her disappearance.
It could possibly mean that someone deliberately disposed of significant evidence years afterwards. The chances of her disappearance being a suicide has dropped into single digit percentages, likewise if her disappearance was a random act of opportunity. IMO.

Therefore, in all likelihood we're dealing with a calculated crime and deliberate obfuscation of evidence of that crime.

Use your logic.
Just asking the question because my logic did indeed want an answer

Logic tells me, that it was most likely because the pen carried the logo of a business that didn't exist until 1992/1993.

If the other items were Julie's, then this is significant if the pen dates the disposal to at least 5 years after her disappearance.
It could possibly mean that someone deliberately disposed of significant evidence years afterwards. The chances of her disappearance being a suicide has dropped into single digit percentages, likewise if her disappearance was a random act of opportunity. IMO.

Therefore, in all likelihood we're dealing with a calculated crime and deliberate obfuscation of evidence of that crime.

IF is the biggest word in this.

Agree maybe but didnt the police say they disposed of the items because either family or friend said they were not Julie's? I don't recall who it was they asked, I'm thinking it was her flatmate?

Use your logic.

I ponder Hawaiian existed in another form, say a catering company pre 1993. Say just as a registered business under another tax scheme.

No dress, no shoes, no handbag, the uniform handed into King cafe; stashed under a table, allegedly.

Does someone have a large shoe collection?

petedavo Interesting that one SASR member spent time around Myanmar, the main source of heroin in Australia. Then he is done later for conspiracy to import heroin. Doesnt mean he hasn't done it before. Just means they caught him planning.

petedavo Interesting that one SASR member spent time around Myanmar, the main source of heroin in Australia. Then he is done later for conspiracy to import heroin. Doesnt mean he hasn't done it before. Just means they caught him planning.
Part of a statement from a police whistle blower to WA Parliament about police corruption including in 1988, below. Alledges that this only non NZ member of Mr Asia Syndicate was able to move large quantities of heroin from the Eastern States to WA.

Most likely this is Choo Cheng Kui (“Chinese Jack”), who spent 7 years imprisoned for his involvement supplying heroin to the Mr Asia syndicate. Was he was involved in the Hawaiian Group?

Vanessa Devlin who was murdered in June 1988 after being caught by Federal Police for trafficking heroin with her boyfriend from the Eastern States and possibly about to name names in her upcoming Court appearance may have silenced and possibly more to do with Julie Cutler than Dorothy imo.

1546744335883.png

And co-incidentally he also died in prison of a "heart attack" just like the head of the Mr Asia syndicate did in 1983.

Not suggesting Julie Cutler had anything to do with heroin or drugs, but you had credible evidence cops in high positions were allowing the importation and distribution and laundering of money from it. Allegedly they had the expertise of a Mr Asia kingpin sourcing and supplying the drug.

If they needed someone who was about to testify against them eliminated you'd imagine that in return any crimes including murders and many missing woman that could be attributed to that particular group, would be conveniently unsolved or someone set up to be a patsy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back