Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, I decided to try and improve possibly the most criticised home design in the AFL at the moment.. The Gold Coast Suns. In order to do this.. I started off with the logo itself.
vwMsadx.png

It's a Sun and there's a (really well) hidden 'G' in the middle.. can you see it? Another thought of mine was: "how cool would it be if the sun's rays made the sun 3D?"
So, I did that. Not thinking about how it would look on a guernsey..

..So here's how it looks on a guernsey.
oL7EDtL.png

As you can see, there is now a two-tone red design along with a darker yellow, commonly known as gold. These are Adelaide's red and gold, with a darker shade of red added in the mix. I was hoping to achieve a design that would be simple (like the too-simple current design) but still be interesting, I guess.. I think I did that, but, eh. It's never getting used anyway.
Can you remove the front dark red side panels? Would look better.

Both these requests insult me greatly.
;)
It looks good, but the logo sort of looks like a B in the negative space. Out of curiosity, what does the jumper look like without the logo? I think you might be onto a winning design there
Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 3.22.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 3.28.55 PM.png

Can you remove the front dark red side panels? Would look better.
Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 3.23.08 PM.png

I like the strip but think it might look a bit better something similar to the demons heritage guernsey.

image2475

image2472

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some form of a sash is definitely the way to go for GWS. I'm not sure why, but the colours seem to go well with it.
Yeah for sure. It hasn't been taken en masse like chevrons. It's the sort of thing you can obscure and play with a fair bit, and Essendon/Richmond have sort of shown (by default) how strong of an emblem it can even if it's inverse or regular elements around it changed. I really dig the giant G as a logo and think it's a winner when combined with a bright orange strip – bold and unique and applicable to all merch and etcetera – so I would definitely keep the G to one side of the sash.

Even a split made on a diagonal would be a good motif, ala their botched old clash number.

I hate how often the grey is mocked up as a home jumper as well. The orange is so cool and I love it in sports. Keep it as the primary strip and maintain it as much as possible.

Sydney's home jumper would look better with a white back.

Of course it would, switch the shorts around and you have a great modern set.

Many others here have done this already. Sydney's current jumper is becoming an anachronism, I would even go so far as to say it would have probably already been changed if it was not for the fact that it was worn in so many GFs and 2 premierships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back