Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

what our guernsey would have looked with BLK
s-l1600.jpg
How to make a bad jumper worse: a case study.

That collar is truly atrocious
Just imagine, we could have had two teams playing (well only one actually playing) in it in the grand final on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Country game prototype. The grey fangs look like crops, ranges, or even stylised wheat. The names seem to be of towns.

Also, I don't think wool would be the material around 1996.

Although polyester jumpers were common by 1996 acrylic and acrylic/wool jumpers were still in use. There were some players who preferred these type of jumpers over the polyester ones. Sekem was also using sportwool (polyester/wool combo) at this time and again there were players who didn't like these jumpers an used the old school ones. I believe Buckley and Monkhorst were examples at Collingwood who used the older style jumpers.

Although polyester jumpers were common by 1996 acrylic and acrylic/wool jumpers were still in use. There were some players who preferred these type of jumpers over the polyester ones. Sekem was also using sportwool (polyester/wool combo) at this time and again there were players who didn't like these jumpers an used the old school ones. I believe Buckley and Monkhorst were examples at Collingwood who used the older style jumpers.

Bucks wore floppy collar old-school jumpers right up until we changed our jumper (i.e. end of 2000 season)

Plus it could have easily been an earlier-1990s jumper and just 'augmented' in 1996.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back