Movie Jurassic World Dominion

Remove this Banner Ad

ill go see it for action and dinosaurs eating people. but if they're on the loose, what can humans really do without using nuclear? Use some glocks on them?
Well, yeah. Any coordinated effort from armed forces to kill/capture them would work pretty efficiently.

I mean, given the plot of weaponising the dinosaurs has popped up in the first two movies (ugh…), it was pretty hilarious when Blue was taken down by a single bullet in the last movie.

As an aside, who thought we needed a ‘protagonist’ velociraptor FFS. breathes deeply I hate the JW movies so much haha.

(The navy taking down the Mosasaurus would be pretty cool tbf)

Well, yeah. Any coordinated effort from armed forces to kill/capture them would work pretty efficiently.

I mean, given the plot of weaponising the dinosaurs has popped up in the first two movies (ugh…), it was pretty hilarious when Blue was taken down by a single bullet in the last movie.

As an aside, who thought we needed a ‘protagonist’ velociraptor FFS. breathes deeply I hate the JW movies so much haha.

(The navy taking down the Mosasaurus would be pretty cool tbf)

interesting to see the ease in which babby raptor was captured in this movie (from the trailer). too easy.

starlord riding a horse. snack for a carnivore haha

ill go see it for action and dinosaurs eating people. but if they're on the loose, what can humans really do without using nuclear? Use some glocks on them?

good to hear Bryce Dallas Howard yell run again. she should trademark it
Whatever gets thrown at tanks would work

Following the Japanese inventory management doctrine, everything was just in time
The canister dropped by the evil businessman. It will find a way to someone in the sequel.

Locusts resembled the plague and fireballs killing dinosaurs.

Labyrinth of tunnels in the lair. Somehow our heroes found their way to exactly where they wanted to go.

When the OGs met the newbies (pratt and dallas), albeit in a very stressful time, no introductions, handshakes...look at each other. Avengers style. coincidence or fate that two parties met?

Eyes on me! Says Maisie. And the raptor abided just like that. hmmm. Like the Triangulation, reversed. 3 humans 1 rap.

Anyone see the chemistry sneaky smile between ramsey and kayla?
The movie is Rated M. Sustained threat.

impressed how all the dinos sought refuge in the human base when fires raged. were they controlled by the corporation?

Started off with “scare” news - dinosaurs wrecking havoc with US. Strong sense of THEM vs us (kinda like what the USA has been). Finished off with “CO-EXISTANCE”. The finale battle between new apex carnivore and t-rex showed this well. Apex was on top, ready to finish of rexy, then the wolverine dinosaur comes in. wolverine and rexy team up to win the fight.

Not studying Dinosaurs to learn about them, were doing it to learn about ourselves.

ian malcolm providing the lols

chris pratt in every movie of his always says the word plan

tumblr_njnwxlz6Tb1tln50xo2_500.gifv
2e577c0fe746e639df637efee6019533.gif

Last edited:
I had really high hopes for this movie, the premise of makind having to co-exist with dinosaurs is something that is hinted at since the very first movie and I was excited to finally see this happen 6 movies in. Additionally the original cast coming back adds a huge amount of nostalgia value, similar to the Force Awakens.

I was hoping this premise would play out like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, but instead it's like a Transformers movie. Despite all the trailers suggesting that mankind and dinosaurs co-existing is the main premise, this forms such a minor part of the movie, with most of the movie taking place in a research lab/sanctuary just like every other JP movie, with a half-arsed genetic engineering storyline.

My favourite part of the movie was the action/chase scenes in Malta but then I had to remind myself that this was a JP movie not a Mission Impossible movie.

Disappointed to say the least. I'm officially over this franchise, hope this is the last Jurassic movie we see as speculated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like I won't be bothering then, disappointing was hoping it was going to be good
Go see it anyway I reckon mate, make up your own mind. :)

It's the type of thing you can probably find some enjoyment in, even if its bad. Malcolm was the highlight for me.

Alright. I finally feel ready to share my thoughts here. And I guess they cover the trilogy as a whole, in some ways.

I'll preface this by saying the original is one of my favourite ever films and my earliest memory of heading to the movies with my grandma. Being from the country, I didn't get the chance to enjoy this very often, so it was a real treat.

Upon reflection, maybe bias clouds my judgement around what this series actually meant. You could argue that, in 6 movies, there's roughly 1.5 movies of actual quality there, with a lot of diminishing returns after that. Maybe I was hoping for something that has never really been there since the original. I think how dead this thread is is pretty indicative that I'm not alone in this disappointment.

I think I finally understand how (most) Star Wars fans felt about the new movies. Look how they massacred my boy...

• The highlight of the film was easily Malcolm. Though a lot of his best moments were the filmmakers using his snarky dialogue to poke fun at their decisions in the previous two movies. Acknowledging it doesn't make it okay, guys...
  • The last few shots from around the world showing the dinosaurs coexisting with existing species was great. It should have been the whole film, but we were stuck in a lab for about half of it.
  • The clawed dinosaur looked pretty awesome and I thought the scene with Claire hiding from it was the most tense of the film.
  • I liked the setting of the black market and wanted to explore that seedy underworld a little more.
  • That's probably it...even Grant and Sattler getting together did nothing for me.

• Three movies in and I still feel like I know nothing about the main characters. Who needs characterisation, right?
  • Movie starts just like the last one did, with a retcon. We saw Blue looking over some outback township at the end of FK, no? How does she now live in the snowy woods just behind Owen's place? Do they know she there? What's happening, exactly?
  • I would never have guessed that a Jurassic Park movie would contain so many locusts. Hated it.
  • The lazy exposition dump at the start of the movie. They think their audience are idiots.
  • That Franklin gimp from the last movie being hired by the CIA (LOL) in spite of being connected to a 'person of interest'. Then saying he's not qualified to do any other job. How does this rubbish pass through the editing process?
  • Dodgson as a villain didn't work for me at all. Had no presence on-screen, his motivations were vague at best (Money? Doesn't need any more. God complex? Seemed too boring to have one. Who knows?) He's 'evil', I guess...just because...big corporation, I suppose. Like the ones making the movie for profit?
  • Doubling down on silly concepts such as the laser pointing system.
  • The editing in parts. That Malta chase scene, or the build up to it, there was cut away after cut away, barely lasting a second each. Colin, you have it set on whore? Hiding bad CGI in parts?
  • At no point in the movie did I feel like the 'good' guys were in any danger whatsoever. Zero stakes, zero investment.
  • Henry Wu being presented as a sympathetic and repentant good guy. Gross. He's been the cause of so many problems in this universe and he should have got his comeuppance here. Waste of a good actor.
  • A complete rehash of the JW final scene with the T-Rex being defeated by the new big bad, only for a third party to come in and help take it out. So derivative and boring.
  • Nowhere near enough death. The 'copter at the end may as well have been a clown car with the number of people bundling into it. Malcolm should have died when he made his last stand.
  • Why did the large one try to eat Masie on the ladder when she was protected by a metal grate when there were 4 (?) adults standing unprotected just beneath her? Spectacle over logic. May as well be the slogan for this trilogy.
  • The changes they made to the cloning story just muddied the waters and added another unnecessary plot element. Finishing the series (for now) on a retrospective voice over by a character we never met is just ridiculous.

I'm sure there's more, but those sprung to mind when I was typing/ranting internally haha.

Alright. I finally feel ready to share my thoughts here. And I guess they cover the trilogy as a whole, in some ways.

I'll preface this by saying the original is one of my favourite ever films and my earliest memory of heading to the movies with my grandma. Being from the country, I didn't get the chance to enjoy this very often, so it was a real treat.

Upon reflection, maybe bias clouds my judgement around what this series actually meant. You could argue that, in 6 movies, there's roughly 1.5 movies of actual quality there, with a lot of diminishing returns after that. Maybe I was hoping for something that has never really been there since the original. I think how dead this thread is is pretty indicative that I'm not alone in this disappointment.

I think I finally understand how (most) Star Wars fans felt about the new movies. Look how they massacred my boy...

• The highlight of the film was easily Malcolm. Though a lot of his best moments were the filmmakers using his snarky dialogue to poke fun at their decisions in the previous two movies. Acknowledging it doesn't make it okay, guys...
  • The last few shots from around the world showing the dinosaurs coexisting with existing species was great. It should have been the whole film, but we were stuck in a lab for about half of it.
  • The clawed dinosaur looked pretty awesome and I thought the scene with Claire hiding from it was the most tense of the film.
  • I liked the setting of the black market and wanted to explore that seedy underworld a little more.
  • That's probably it...even Grant and Sattler getting together did nothing for me.

• Three movies in and I still feel like I know nothing about the main characters. Who needs characterisation, right?
  • Movie starts just like the last one did, with a retcon. We saw Blue looking over some outback township at the end of FK, no? How does she now live in the snowy woods just behind Owen's place? Do they know she there? What's happening, exactly?
  • I would never have guessed that a Jurassic Park movie would contain so many locusts. Hated it.
  • The lazy exposition dump at the start of the movie. They think their audience are idiots.
  • That Franklin gimp from the last movie being hired by the CIA (LOL) in spite of being connected to a 'person of interest'. Then saying he's not qualified to do any other job. How does this rubbish pass through the editing process?
  • Dodgson as a villain didn't work for me at all. Had no presence on-screen, his motivations were vague at best (Money? Doesn't need any more. God complex? Seemed too boring to have one. Who knows?) He's 'evil', I guess...just because...big corporation, I suppose. Like the ones making the movie for profit?
  • The editing in parts. That Malta chase scene, or the build up to it, there was cut away after cut away, barely lasting a second each. Colin, you have it set on whore? Hiding bad CGI in parts?
  • At no point in the movie did I feel like the 'good' guys were in any danger whatsoever. Zero stakes, zero investment.
  • Henry Wu being presented as a sympathetic and repentant good guy. Gross. He's been the cause of so many problems in this universe and he should have got his comeuppance here. Waste of a good actor.
  • A complete rehash of the JW final scene with the T-Rex being defeated by the new big bad, only for a third party to come in and help take it out. So derivative and boring.
  • Nowhere near enough death. The 'copter at the end may as well have been a clown car with the number of people bundling into it. Malcolm should have died when he made his last stand.
  • Why did the large one try to eat Masie on the ladder when she was protected by a metal grate when there were 4 (?) adults standing unprotected just beneath her? Spectacle over logic. May as well be the slogan for this trilogy.
  • The changes they made to the cloning story just muddied the waters and added another unnecessary plot element. Finishing the series (for now) on a retrospective voice over by a character we never met is just ridiculous.

I'm sure there's more, but those sprung to mind when I was typing/ranting internally haha.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Well summed up

I think I'm done with these types of movies (Jurassic, King Kong, Godzilla etc.) until they change up the formula.

Boring and uninspiring. Just wanted to go home the whole time I was watching it.

Couple scenes were great like the Malta car chase and the dinosaurs were fantastic... but locusts? WTF?

I think I'm done with these types of movies (Jurassic, King Kong, Godzilla etc.) until they change up the formula.

Boring and uninspiring. Just wanted to go home the whole time I was watching it.

Couple scenes were great like the Malta car chase and the dinosaurs were fantastic... but locusts? WTF?
I think they have to realise bigger isn’t always better.

I’d totally have watched a 2 hour horror type flick where Blue stalks a town and they have to track her down, alien style.

Or a Moby Dick style adventure with the Mosasaurus. Jaws inspired.

At least extend the above ideas to take up sizeable chunks of the movie so we can get to know the characters in between.

I like the irony of movie franchises that ignore the message of their best films in a very meta way.

Jurassic Park was about letting things be, don't mess with nature for cash, glory, etc. Six films later . . .

The Terminator series as well. It ended in T2 when they decided to obliterate the technology, even if it meant self sacrifice, so nobody would bring Terminators back.

RLM pointed out the irony of George Lucas overuse of technology in the prequels when the original film was about trusting instinct or The Force.

A lot of thoughts and anger towards movies that you really like......yet you dont know what two of the major dinosaurs in the movie are :think:.....(big claws and the third party, my 10 year old kid knew them as soon as he saw them)

Malta car chase was like a bond movie chase, in fact the whole story line was bond-esque. thought that was poor for a movie like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back