Streaming Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen any Lower Decks so apologies wasn't trying to be a dick just had no idea what show you were referencing. Flicked on the first ep of it last night and didn't mind it so will give it a proper watch. Bit confused about how the crossover is going to work but might give the SNW ep a watch tonight and find out!
You know - I'd almost go through and watch LD more.
If you don't have the base behind Boimler/Marriner, this episode might have some quirks that throw you off.

Maybe binge LD first (Heads up, LD is completely different than everything else, but until the most recent seasons of Picard and SNW, it was my favourite of the 5 new series.

Right now is bloody amazing. Hopefully DIS has learnt from everything else recently. Hopefully it can deliver. (Then again, that's 5+ months away, got the end of SNW and the next season of LD first)

I've never watched LD (and doubt I ever will from the snippets they showed, seemed like a kids show?) but I found that an enjoyable little ep. The guy playing the cartoon ensign was great.

I've never watched LD (and doubt I ever will from the snippets they showed, seemed like a kids show?) but I found that an enjoyable little ep. The guy playing the cartoon ensign was great.

It is most definitely not a kids show. Unless you consider something like Rick & Morty or Family Guy a kids show.

Prodigy was cancelled. There is no second season.

It was dumped from Paramount, they were still shopping it around for a new provider last I heard.

The Paramount+ series Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies, Star Trek: Prodigy, Queen of the Universe and The Game have completed their runs on Paramount+ and will not be returning to the service

Surprised me a little as I watched it and it wasn't too bad, had a pretty interesting plot.

Last edited:
It was dumped from Paramount, they were still shopping it around for a new provider last I heard.

Surprised me a little as I watched it and it wasn't too bad, had a pretty interesting plot.
These shows weren't dumped because they were bad or unpopular. They were dumped for tax purposes, and so they didn't have to pay residuals to the actors.

There's some seriously screwy economics going on with the streamers at the moment, and these shows are victims of the lunacy.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is most definitely not a kids show. Unless you consider something like Rick & Morty or Family Guy a kids show.
Lower Decks is a terrific show and it's not for kids. It's very funny.

Alright, maybe I'll check it out sometime then. I'm always on the lookout for new comedies to trial.

I didn’t care for the crossover episode at all. Easily the weakest of the series and the first that had me glancing at the phone while watching. And nothing in the intro made me think Lower Decks was anything other than a kids show nor make me want to watch it. Maybe it’s better than it looks but that didn’t sell me on it at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t care for the crossover episode at all. Easily the weakest of the series and the first that had me glancing at the phone while watching. And nothing in the intro made me think Lower Decks was anything other than a kids show nor make me want to watch it. Maybe it’s better than it looks but that didn’t sell me on it at all.

Do you think Family Guy is a kids show? Or Rick and Morty? Genuine question, because your obsession with calling all animated products 'made for kids' is quite strange.

Do you think Family Guy is a kids show? Or Rick and Morty? Genuine question, because your obsession with calling all animated products 'made for kids' is quite strange.
Simpsons isn’t a kid’s show, Family Guy isn’t a kid’s show. Don’t watch Rick and Morty. I just watched Futurama yesterday. Animated alone doesn’t make something a kid’s show. The content does, the themes. And there was nothing in the animated intro to make think Lower Decks isn’t a kid’s show. It wasn’t particularly funny either and the entire episode seemed to be less serious, which just seemed to confirm my first impression. Really felt like a step down for the show.

I mean, credit for trying something new, I know there’s a musical episode coming up too. This one didn’t pay off though, for me.

Simpsons isn’t a kid’s show, Family Guy isn’t a kid’s show. Don’t watch Rick and Morty. I just watched Futurama yesterday. Animated alone doesn’t make something a kid’s show. The content does, the themes. And there was nothing in the animated intro to make think Lower Decks isn’t a kid’s show. It wasn’t particularly funny either and the entire episode seemed to be less serious, which just seemed to confirm my first impression. Really felt like a step down for the show.

I mean, credit for trying something new, I know there’s a musical episode coming up too. This one didn’t pay off though, for me.

I mean, Lower Decks has swearing, sexual references, and is basically deliberately designed in the style of Rick and Morty, so not quite sure what the above's point is. Are you saying it isn't a kid's show?

I mean, Lower Decks has swearing, sexual references, and is basically deliberately designed in the style of Rick and Morty, so not quite sure what the above's point is. Are you saying it isn't a kid's show?
I don’t watch it, I have no idea what it is. But I said there was nothing in that episode to make think it was for more than kids. Maybe that’s a failure of the SNW writers, but the humour seemed juvenile and there was nothing to make me think it was deeper than that.

People are free to enjoy it but it didn’t convince me to watch it :shrug:

I don’t watch it, I have no idea what it is. But I said there was nothing in that episode to make think it was for more than kids. Maybe that’s a failure of the SNW writers, but the humour seemed juvenile and there was nothing to make me think it was deeper than that.

People are free to enjoy it but it didn’t convince me to watch it :shrug:

Because the humour in Rick and Morty isn't juvenile. :tearsofjoy:

I just find it weird you bang the same drum with everything when it comes to animated shows.

Son of Dennis Quaid - Jack Quaid. Also central role in The Boys, which if you haven't watched, you should stop what you are doing immediately and watch.

The cross over event from Lower Decks to SNW... Jesus, desperate. This bitch has jumped the shark

Son of Dennis Quaid - Jack Quaid. Also central role in The Boys, which if you haven't watched, you should stop what you are doing immediately and watch.

The cross over event from Lower Decks to SNW... Jesus, desperate. This bitch has jumped the shark
I found it the weakest episode of the season, but episode 8 was great, so I don't think it's jumped any sharks yet. Crazy that M'Benga and Chapel have become two of the more interesting characters when they were a bit meh out of the gates.

I found it the weakest episode of the season, but episode 8 was great, so I don't think it's jumped any sharks yet. Crazy that M'Benga and Chapel have become two of the more interesting characters when they were a bit meh out of the gates.
I really like M'Benga. Babs "alphabet" is a very good actor. Shame he got "off'd" early in Dune. I'm guessing he'll be a recurring ghost advisor to Paul Atrides in the second Dune.

The Forgetting episode of SNW was very good

Odd. Discovery's later season are far better than it's first season or two.
I thought it was the other way around but then I like DS9, ENT and didn't like VOY whereas others are the other way around.

The musical episode that just finished wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I hope they don't go there again. Suspect they are going light hearted to prepare for something dark coming.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back