Streaming Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid series elevated by a generally likeable cast, particularly Pike and Spock, the throwbacks to TOS were also usually handled well. I know people say the return to episodic nature is good but it did lack a hook to keep watching, which is why I got sidetracked by other shows midway though and it took a while to go back. But I can get behind another series of this.

Season 2 launching this Thursday in the US, so presumably the first episode will be available on Paramount+ on Friday Australian time. Looking forward to it. Feel like it's the most entertaining of the three live-action productions at the moment (I'm consciously omitting Lower Decks and Prodigy because I haven't watched more than an episode or two - they're on the list to watch at some stage when I find the time).

Season 2 launching this Thursday in the US, so presumably the first episode will be available on Paramount+ on Friday Australian time. Looking forward to it. Feel like it's the most entertaining of the three live-action productions at the moment (I'm consciously omitting Lower Decks and Prodigy because I haven't watched more than an episode or two - they're on the list to watch at some stage when I find the time).

I'd agree except for the last season of Picard which was fantastic.

Just finished rewatching the first season in preparation for this and I am pumped.

With The Orville and House of Dragons seemingly in no hurry to release new seasons this is my most anticipated show of 2023 by far.

First ep dropped last night, watched the first little bit after the footy, glad it's back. Although it's funny, when it debuted it was the gold standard because Picard and Discovery were struggling, then Picard hit it out of the park with S3 so hopefully this show steps up too.

Decent first ep.

Interesting ending. I got the impression last season that the Gorn weren't the type of organised society that goes around declaring war, I was thinking of them more like rogue Predators roaming around having their fun. Will be interesting to see where they take this.

Fun fact, Majel Barrett was the only actor to appear in every ST series, at least as far as Voyager. She played numerous roles over the years, including providing the voice for the ship's computer in TNG.

I believe she was originally cast (as Nurse Chapel in TOS) because she was Gene Rodenberry's wife.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wasn't she Number One in the pilot too?

Great second ep, love a good courtroom drama.
On TrekCulture's ups and down video - The only down they mustered was poor set re-use (The court room is the 32nd century Starfleet HQ)

Must admit I had a little sigh when I first realised they were devoting the whole ep to it with no side story, but I actually ended up really enjoying it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a real Measure of a Man vibe to it. Very good episode, the arguments updated to reflect the continuing prejudices and problems that plague us. A little too familiar to be great, but I am invested in the characters enough that it was enjoyable throughout and the lawyer's big speech was inspiring enough.

I do like a good old fashioned mystery ep. I prefer it set on novel alien planets, but no matter.

I've found the start of this season watchable enough, but not on the same addictive level as S1. I wouldn't ever be going back to rewatch these eps like I did S1, that's for sure.

Now that was a good ep. Love a good mystery ep on a novel planet. Best ep of the season imo.

Just saw Episode 7 - the long awaited SNW-LW crossover.

****ing loved it.

And now Im hearing episode 9 is a musical episode. Very interested in it. Are we going to get Starshipping across the universe :p

Just saw Episode 7 - the long awaited SNW-LW crossover.

****ing loved it.

And now Im hearing episode 9 is a musical episode. Very interested in it. Are we going to get Starshipping across the universe :p

What's LW?

Haven't seen the latest episode, but largely enjoying this season. The first episode was probably the weakest, but since then it's been pretty high quality. Charades was probably the best episode, which was surprising, because these kind of Trek episodes can easily fall into the ridiculous, but Ethan Peck was absolutely brilliant playing Spock as an 'emotional teenager'.

What's LW?
Meant to be LD - Was struggling for energy at this point last night. Woke up at 5am for work (I work 6am starts M, Tu and Sa) and was about to crash when I heard the SNW-LD crossover had been released early. And considering LD is my favourite of New Trek, I couldn't go to bed knowing it was out and not watching it.

Haven't seen the latest episode, but largely enjoying this season. The first episode was probably the weakest, but since then it's been pretty high quality. Charades was probably the best episode, which was surprising, because these kind of Trek episodes can easily fall into the ridiculous, but Ethan Peck was absolutely brilliant playing Spock as an 'emotional teenager'.
Of SNW I only disliked season 1 episode 8 (The fairytale one). We're now 17 episodes in and 14 good episodes of 15 is pretty good (I hated 8 so much I couldn't build the motivation to go and watch episodes 9 and 10 before other new trek came out, but there's so much happening, I got distracted and never went back to it)

Meant to be LD - Was struggling for energy at this point last night. Woke up at 5am for work (I work 6am starts M, Tu and Sa) and was about to crash when I heard the SNW-LD crossover had been released early. And considering LD is my favourite of New Trek, I couldn't go to bed knowing it was out and not watching it.

I haven't seen any Lower Decks so apologies wasn't trying to be a dick just had no idea what show you were referencing. Flicked on the first ep of it last night and didn't mind it so will give it a proper watch. Bit confused about how the crossover is going to work but might give the SNW ep a watch tonight and find out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back