Just The Ashes

Who wins the 2021/2022 Ashes Series?

• Australia without W.A. interference.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Green and Harris both a chance to get the axe.
Unbelievably, there is a chance they keep the same balance and Uzzie goes straight back out.
Michael Vaughan just said on Fox Cricket, "You can't drop Usman Khawaja after what he did yesterday." See ya later Marcus Harris - Uzzie to open in Hobart.

Surely Khawaja moves to opener, and Head returns to number 5. Either that, or Green makes way for Head, who drops to 6.

Im no CA selector AND an Englishman, but this surely makes the most sense. You credit Borland for his performance with the ball, only fair to do the same for the bloke with the bat.

Well I'll go against the grain and say that if Khawaja stays, he bats at 5. If he goes up to open that means that both our opening bats are 35. Yeah, I know that age is just a number, but Harris is the future even though he's 29.

Tough call.

Michael Vaughan just said on Fox Cricket, "You can't drop Usman Khawaja after what he did yesterday." See ya later Marcus Harris - Uzzie to open in Hobart.

Don't see CA going that route even though it'd be what's required, can see them going uzzie as "injury" cover and head as straight swap and "don't change winning team" ala Punters call sticking firm.

Well I'll go against the grain and say that if Khawaja stays, he bats at 5. If he goes up to open that means that both our opening bats are 35. Yeah, I know that age is just a number, but Harris is the future even though he's 29.

Tough call.

1641554356440.png
Pucovski waiting room for the other opener according to Bailey supposedly.

Attachments

• 1641554329942.png
    1641554329942.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 15
Don't see CA going that route even though it'd be what's required, can see them going uzzie as "injury" cover and head as straight swap and "don't change winning team" ala Punters call sticking firm.

View attachment 1307349
Pucovski waiting room for the other opener according to Bailey supposedly.
Will be waiting for news of his return tomorrow.

Back to back tons is an irresistible form line. Bad luck Head, unless they tap Smith on the shoulder

What to make of Boland? What if he takes a Michelle today? I thought he was again the pick of the bowlers last night. Assuming Haze is fit, he will be keen (and expect) to play. Starc is bowling well as is Cummins (but without luck).

Lyon is the bowler under pressure (particularly today). Hobart is a day/night match and the road there does not usually offer spinners much. Could we select a five man pace battery?

Back to back tons is an irresistible form line. Bad luck Head, unless they tap Smith on the shoulder

What to make of Boland? What if he takes a Michelle today? I thought he was again the pick of the bowlers last night. Assuming Haze is fit, he will be keen (and expect) to play. Starc is bowling well as is Cummins (but without luck).

Lyon is the bowler under pressure (particularly today). Hobart is a day/night match and the road there does not usually offer spinners much. Could we select a five man pace battery?
Hazlewood has already been ruled out for Hobart. And I think it's Harris who deserves to go, with Khawaja moving up to open.

Hazlewood has already been ruled out for Hobart. And I think it's Harris who deserves to go, with Khawaja moving up to open.

Ta. Was not aware of that. I was hoping for a full on pace battery in Hobart. It is a bit of a spinner's graveyard. Expect Lyon will fail yet again today.

Not fussed by Harris going. However Ussie is classic middle order. If they want Head in drop Harris and open with Marnus. Smith should be directed to bat 1st drop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ta. Was not aware of that. I was hoping for a full on pace battery in Hobart. It is a bit of a spinner's graveyard. Expect Lyon will fail yet again today.

Not fussed by Harris going. However Ussie is classic middle order. If they want Head in drop Harris and open with Marnus. Smith should be directed to bat 1st drop.

We won't, CA love rotating bowlers around for freshness so they value the change up that Lyon provides even if he does SFA with it, for mine is why they continually go with Starc regardless since left hander and phwoar right? Also, Marnus was averaging what, 62 @ 3 and Smith 62 @ 4 at Adelaide, so, why on earth would you swap that around when 3 & 4 are our most stable batters since the Don? Nah, it's an Ussie or Carey jump to slot a Head in not a "let's screw ourselves over" reaction.

Boland = Green really, Green unlucky, Boland grabbing chances, both are there and there abouts with Green being more hope & scope.
Haze will slot in when ready to do so, which won't be Hobart.
Neser, Richo - condition based ala Brissie, Jye should play on any swinging instances much like when we had a fresh ottap and pat combo at the Saffas way back when.
Starc - CA loveboy, can do no wrong.
Cummins - Obviously
Lyon - change over, as Labs is part time and someone like Swepson untried really as only limited format exposure, so lets hope for not another McGain in test format?

Kinda feel for Swepson, been what, potting around the test team since 2017 and never managed a baggy green yet, that's gotta suck.

England doing their best to avoid the draw by failing and panicking...

Today proved why Test cricket will always crap all over every other form of the game.

Spot on Uncle Phil.

Of course I am disappointed. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing the English ground into the dust. This mob of chubby farm escapees deserved another flogging. But the no can bat nor bowl nor catch folk somehow held on for a thrilling nail biting draw.

Five days of often miserable weather and a road of a pitch came down to a period of exquisite tension. Long live Test Cricket.

LOL. Road.

You have some bewildering remarks mixed in with commentary that demonstrates a sound understanding of the game. Kind of like a seemingly normal, intelligent anti-vaxxer :tearsofjoy: Or when Marcus Harris scores runs.

LOL. Road.

You have some bewildering remarks mixed in with commentary that demonstrates a sound understanding of the game. Kind of like a seemingly normal, intelligent anti-vaxxer :tearsofjoy: Or when Marcus Harris scores runs.

Meh. I was still full of adrenalin and punchy from the match. Urrkkhh, as someone who has worked in different parts of the health system, being likened to an anti-vaxxer cuts to the quick.

Poor young Marcus Harris is enduring a period similar to a couple he had in Shield cricket where he would make starts and find ways to not go on with it.

As for the pitch, yes it produced a thrilling draw but it was an autobahn. It offered little for the bowlers beyond some limited variable bounce. Being old I am unsurprisingly old fashioned in my views on pitches. These should provide fair challenges between bat and ball over the five days.

Re my understanding of the game, I would describe it as reasonable. It should be. I played well into my 30s and am obsessed by it, beginning as a child. I was an average wicket keeper and could write screeds on that topic but I will not.

Back