Justin Reeves resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Mitchell has said he has caught up with Cyril a couple times to work things through..
Yep, I'd heard that...but not "I'll be back when Kennett has gone."

Sam Mitchell has said he has caught up with Cyril a couple times to work things through..
Caro actually shared screenshots of Sam’s messages to Cyril on footy classified when this all broke.
She said Sam was doing a good job of trying to mend the issues and that Cyril was good with her showing them.

Caro actually shared screenshots of Sam’s messages to Cyril on footy classified when this all broke.
She said Sam was doing a good job of trying to mend the issues and that Cyril was good with her showing them.
This was over a year ago though. Gut feel is that it will take some time to bring Cyril back into the fold whilst the current thing is being fleshed out. Not too long ago she suggested he'd be joining a class action to sue the club.

I don't think she should be in possession of them!

Is anyone okay with this?

The Rioli's?

The Mitchell's?

Would have thought private unless both parties approved of release?

Rioli sent the screenshots to Caro.

TAITA raises a point though that Sam’s consent was likely not sought. I think a text conversation should only really be publicly shared like that if both people are okay with it.

TAITA raises a point though that Sam’s consent was likely not sought. I think a text conversation should only really be publicly shared like that if both people are okay with it.
Yeah obviously not great, but he was trying to present his point of view. Similar to the anonymous accusers leaking emails between them and Newbold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you for ******* real?????

Notwithstanding the fact that I respect him highly - ex player who can talk the media s**t and is a lawyer?

Chief Executive Officer preferred.

He was the CEO for EJ whitten foundation, plus has been involved with many sporting entities. He has no less experience than what Brendon Gale had. And you might laugh at my recommendation of him based on his media savviness, but it's incredibly important these days to be able to handle it. I felt this was an area Reeves was incredibly poor at.

The coaches allegations of denial haven't been tested. If you take the position that the coaches denying the allegations absolve them you are implying that the players are lying.
And the players' (or perhaps more accurately their partners) interpretation of the allegations hasn't been tested, either.

He was the CEO for EJ whitten foundation, plus has been involved with many sporting entities. He has no less experience than what Brendon Gale had. And you might laugh at my recommendation of him based on his media savviness, but it's incredibly important these days to be able to handle it. I felt this was an area Reeves was incredibly poor at.
I don’t think this is a gig for a novice. We need an experienced CEO after what has been a dreadful period for the club. The club is still facing a lot of head winds, including potential litigation, nightmare publicity, Dingley and the need to soon find a new major sponsor.

And the players' (or perhaps more accurately their partners) interpretation of the allegations hasn't been tested, either.
Make sure you read the entire exchange before commenting. This was in response to their line of thinking.

Great News. He was part of Team Kennett. So i think its good we are getting rid of the last of the kennet influence.

Jeffs second stint at Hawthorn was a bit of a mess and Reeves was part of it. Broken relationship with Clarkson. Rioli. The Racism report handling. Dude had to go.

Hopefully some of those relationship xan start to be repaired. This club and supporters should be kissing the ground where ever Clarkson walks. From 2004, he really did rebuild the fabric of this club. He had influence over so many facets. Yes he stayed on too long. But such a shame where that relationship now is.

I mean he has been a decent CEO, his son Ned is a good young ruck, but I think the AFL are annoyed that he didn't find solutions to the issues of the past (whatever the situation was, we have different versions of events and the truth is somewhere in the middle) also I'm sure Clarko calling him out doesn't help him, but goodluck on his next venture I guess.

The Hawks, with good intentions, should have never ONLY asked indigenous players for their feedback. If Reeves instigated the report then his stepping away is probably for the best.

If the Hawks asked ALL previous players the same questions, many more issues would have come to light and none of it would be on racial grounds.

The man who has played God in more movies than anyone else, Morgan Freeman, got it right when he replied to the question: how do we stop racism? ... And he replied, “stop talking about it!”

I mean he has been a decent CEO, his son Ned is a good young ruck, but I think the AFL are annoyed that he didn't find solutions to the issues of the past (whatever the situation was, we have different versions of events and the truth is somewhere in the middle) also I'm sure Clarko calling him out doesn't help him, but goodluck on his next venture I guess.
Agreed, and goodluck on his next venture. My guess is that he is a good man.

One allegation (not even close to have been tested) forced the Hawks to remove themselves from the process. A club cannot investigate itself for such an allegation without being accused of sweeping things under the carpet. The Hawks rightfully gave away control of an investigation of allegations of such magnitude into itself. The board did the right thing by handing it to the AFL integrity committee.

The AFL integrity commission TOTALLY FAILED. Whomever runs that should be sacked. 8 months and seemingly no movement, let alone the chance of the “accused“ to even be involved in the process… with a result not likely = the AFL’s failure.

Reeves leaving the job seems the right decision to clear the air.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back