Remove this Banner Ad

crazed_crow

Senior List
Aug 10, 2002
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
i don't know if this has been bought up today but after feeling positive about johnson staying at the crows next season, i am starting to have doubts to whether we'll see him in the crows tri colours again. After watching the ten news, and hearing that Johnson is still contemplating whether to accept the new contract offered to him or whether to go back "home", im starting to think that his mind is already made up. Although he won't announce his decision for the next 10 days or so, i'd just like to hear your thoughts on what Johnson is worth if he is traded and whether he should be apart of the Carey deal. For the sake of the footy club, i pary to God that he stays with us cos if he leaves, i think our midfield will be left with quite a hole to fill, and although we have planty of young midfielders, kane is alot more experienced.

Please Johno Stay At The Crows!!!!!!

I find it very interesting that Kane is in Sydney on holidays for a week or 10 days, when the Club Champion Dinner is on this Friday night. What if all the other players decided to go on holidays?

Have they given Kane special leave, hoping it will influence his decision one way or another?

The fact that he's gone away at this time makes me think he will be off to Melbourne next year.

I hope Johnson isn't involved in the Carey deal.

If the Crows were confident we wouldn't have to sell the "crown jewels" to get Carey, if Johnson wants to leave, he could be used as trade bait for another quality player or draft pick.

Either that, or it's a multi-club deal and we get Carey and something else.

If Johnson goes and Carlton need midfielders and McKernan doesn't like playing under Pagan

What about Johnson for McKernan?

We get a third ruckman and any number of tall forward options.

Just a thought. (I also heard it on MMM)

Originally posted by Jars458
If Johnson goes and Carlton need midfielders and McKernan doesn't like playing under Pagan

I think that scenario is Anne's wet dream.

Interesting idea... how old is McKernan though?

The signs don't seem good but until he announces anything there is still a chance he will stay.

If he goes I hope he isn't involved in the Carey deal for two reasons. One, I think we could get Carey for less. And two, I think we would have a rare opportunity to trade away a high quality player, therefore giving us a great chance to really get a good deal.

If Johnson wants to leave then I would like to see us go for Carlton's number 2 draft pick (I don't think they're allowed to trade their first pick because it's a concession pick). If Carlton aren't willing then maybe St Kilda's number 3 pick. Afterall St Kilda have many good young players and may like a good established midfielder rather than more young players.

I just think if we lose Johnson then we should take advantage and somehow get the best possible young player we can get.

Originally posted by noddy
Would rather take one of Carltons top picks in the draft for Johnson,
hard to believe that Kane will not be at the Medal count this can't be right,
I concur that I find it hard to believe Sugar will missing from the Club Champion count, as he is one of the favourites to win. Perhaps he is taking leave after the count (which would explain why Reidy said 1-2 weeks for a decision).

We should be trying everything in our power to keep Sugar, but agree if we are going to lose him, that we should try & get an early pick (but after the Carey trade, otherwise the Roos will want the pick).

Johnson's Blues

Originally posted by Jars458

Madness! We can't kick enough goals as it is!

We have young midfielders coming through as it is, and we plan on drafting the two best youngsters in the land in the draft, so if Johnson wants to come to us via the pre-season draft, then cool, but otherwise, I doubt it will happen.

Besides, McKernan hates Carey more than he dislikes Pagan.

Re: Johnson's Blues

Originally posted by bluechampion

Besides, McKernan hates Carey more than he dislikes Pagan.

What makes you think McKernan hates Carey??
They are very good mates, and McKernan was one of the select few to visit Carey during the whole debacle earlier this year.

Regarding the trade, I said a few weeks ago that I thought Pagan would want a an experienced gun. He is very results driven, and believes he can get the best out of most players (and usually does). I don't think he would be adverse to giving up his second pick for a gun like Johnson. I also think that North will be pushing very hard to take that pick in exchange for Carey, and maybe one of our young frnge dwellers or a second round pick. Seems like a VERY plausible scenario to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is horrible!

I hate this time of year. I am sooo nervous. I get too attached to my boys and I hate the thought of trading/delisting anyone except that f&*%@ing looser Lawrence Angwin!

I was hugely confident about Sugar resigning but with each day it seems to be more unlikely that he will not be wearing the magnificent tri-colours next season. I will hope and pray every night until he makes a decision that he chooses to stay a Crow. I heard Sugar is definately in town at the moment and will be at the Club Championship dinner tommorrow night. He will go to Sydney on Saturday morning for a week and will announce his decision when he gets back. Mind you every night when I watch the news, one channel says he is about to sign the other says he is packing his bags as we speak! I wish I could sit down with Kane over a nice beer (or :D Vodka:D in my case) and ask him some questions. Does he want to go? Does he want to stay? etc.

No news on Stinga signing yet, lets hope that we can stitch him up shortly for another 3 or 4 years. Fingers crossed on that one.

King Wayne Carey becomes a Crow. I can hardly wait until the trading week. I just want to know if he is definately going to be a Crow and who or what we loose for him. The suspense is almost killing me!

k
xx

i'm feeling the same way as u at the moment, and trust me it will only get worse when the trading period starts.

I'll join in with the praying because it will be a huge loss to the club if johno leaves, maybe if he wins the B&F he might reconsider leaving.......we can all dream anyway!!

I think the best thing that could happen with Angwin is if he decides to play footy, cos if he does, then we can use him as trade bait. If he doesn't want to play footy, then we have pretty much wasted our highest ever draft pick on him. I don't think that there isn't one crows supporter who doesn't have it in for the guy, but after the way he walked out on the club, u can't blame us can u?

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst has got to be the motto for the next week, until johno comes back from holidays. hopefully he'll listen to his head instead of his heart!

Re: Re: Johnson's Blues

Originally posted by kelman

What makes you think McKernan hates Carey??
They are very good mates, and McKernan was one of the select few to visit Carey during the whole debacle earlier this year.

All right, getting ahead of myself.

McKernan hates playing with him. Too many years living in the 'king's shadow dulled his football. That's why he thrived at Carlton.

He'd never go back to that.

Hell, you people should try living in the real world.

You want Carey.....but don't want to give up a player or a draft pick for him.:eek:
Yet, you "expect" CAREY to deliver a 3rd premiership.

What, are you all kleptomaniacs? Something for nothing.

Carey = a draft choice AND a player.

And as for Corey - Carey and Corey are friends, but don't let 'a story' get in the way of 'the facts'.

Originally posted by Michele

You want Carey.....but don't want to give up a player or a draft pick for him.:eek:

Tell me where we have said otherwise.

From the time Carey has announced we wants to play for us there have been several discussions on this board as to what the deal will be.

We are well aware that we will have to provide a player for Carey and that Johnson is keen to go to Victoria.

At this point however, we don't think Kane will be at North. Very strong mail suggests that he will be at Collingwood. However as other Crows people have pointed out there a number of options open to the club and Kane ie. Carlton. The feeling here is that the Johnson deal will be a seperate from the Carey agreement.

Until the deals are actually finalised we can speculate as much as we like as to which of our players go where.

Jerome

????

You want Carey.....but don't want to give up a player or a draft pick for him.

Don't you love people from oppostion clubs coming onto our board with no knowledge of the club, team and regular posters on our board? :rolleyes:

Why bother? I have never gone on to any of the other boards - I have no interest in what is happening elsewhere! Maybe that is because I already support the best team in the AFL!

go you Crows

k
xx

If you want out 1st round choice, then the player will be a fringe player, not a Kane Johnson type. How does Marsh, Nelson, Shirley ot Shir sound? ;)

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
If you want out 1st round choice, then the player will be a fringe player, not a Kane Johnson type. How does Marsh, Nelson, Shirley ot Shir sound? ;)

Not interested in those players but Reilly has some appeal. Strongly rumoured today that Essendon will definitely put in a bid for Carey, so if Adelaide's offer is inadequate expect North to look elsewhere, but the priority still is to trade him to his team of choice.

getting back to the original topic, been hearing and reading alot of things that probably lead most of the crows supporters to believe that johnson has MAYBE been officially lost. If it's true that he has been talking to Richmond, then its now a matter of WHEN he leaves the club, not IF (unfortunately). Still praying though that Kane will come to his senses and realise that Adelaide is the only club for him *fingers tightly crossed*

Re: ????

Originally posted by MarksGirl-kbcrowgirl

You want Carey.....but don't want to give up a player or a draft pick for him.

Don't you love people from oppostion clubs coming onto our board with no knowledge of the club, team and regular posters on our board? :rolleyes:

Why bother? I have never gone on to any of the other boards - I have no interest in what is happening elsewhere! Maybe that is because I already support the best team in the AFL!
k
xx

Marksknowall,

Some little gem - from Crows supporters - on this thread.

GoSouth
"Either that and us in a multi-club deal and we get Carey AND something else."
Obviously Carey is not enough. :rolleyes:

Jars
Wants "Johnno for McKerrnan".
Yes, Corey is very handy and a great clubman as well.

Noddy
"Wants a top draft pick for Johnno".
Yet bitches about what North wants for the best player ever to play the game. Very apt name.

Hopes "Carey is not involved in the deal for 2 reasons -
one, I think we could get Carey for less" - and pigs might fly
"two, I think we would have a rare opportunity to trade a high quality player, therefore giving us a great chance at a really good deal.
"Johnno to Carlton for their #2 draft pick or to St Kilda for their #3".
'Quality player' :eek: and Carey is :confused: :rolleyes:

As I said in my previous post - you guys are kleptomaniacs.
You want Carey - badly - but you are not willing to give up someone really good or really good picks.

You 'expect' Carey to deliver a 3rd premiership.
Will Kane Johnson do the same for his new club?

btw I hope this helps you marksgirl.

Re: Re: ????

Hopes "Carey is not involved in the deal for 2 reasons -
one, I think we could get Carey for less" - and pigs might fly
"two, I think we would have a rare opportunity to trade a high quality player, therefore giving us a great chance at a really good deal.
"Johnno to Carlton for their #2 draft pick or to St Kilda for their #3".
'Quality player' :eek: and Carey is :confused: :rolleyes:

Well as you've not understood what I said I shall try to explain it to you.

Carey wants to come to the Crows. If the Crows satisfy the Kangaroos with a trade then we will get him.

With Johnson up for trade I believe we can get 'ANOTHER' good player too. You seem to think Carey is the ONLY player that we might be interested in.

And I think we should use Johnson's high trade value to get something else of high quality eg # 2 or #3 draft pick or a quality key position player.

I will use Richmond as an example. They may really want Kane Johnson, therefore may be willing to give up a lot for him, say their top draft pick or Brad Ottens (ok unrealistic but it's just an example). But if we give Johnson for Carey then we don't have something valuable (and tradeable) enough to interest Richmond in that deal.

Carey is a very good player but I believe we can get Carey without using Johnson (for example if Johnson had stayed at the Crows he wouldn't come into it).

You are a North fan and have to realise that the Crows have many options and not everything has to involve Carey.

We will give the Kangaroos a satifactory trade but Johnson doesn't have to be included in that. You don't seem to understand that.

We COULD get Carey for less than Johnson. Right now Johnson has a very good trade value because 90% of Melbourne clubs want him. Many clubs would prefer to have Johnson than Carey, age being a big reason for that along with particular needs of a team. Different clubs have different value's on different players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back