Women's Footy Katie Brennan cleared to play in Rnd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

One way to address it would be to bring back the 100 point system, and offer roughly a 20% discount for an early plea. This would ensure that the punishments remain proportional to the crimes, and that those who seek a fair trial are not unfairly punished for that.
Your right in the sense of the short seven game season, I personally don't think it is at all practical to compare
the seven game season of the current AFLW to the men's game when there are so many obvious anomalies.
I thought the system they introduced was done for the financial protection of the majority of the players and
also to be fair, but until you get a marquee player missing a grand final it is never fully tested. I think we
could of got to this same point without all the posturing seeing the AFLW is in it's infancy as has been given
a fair and justified push. The reprimand or the fine system is a good way to keep the players on the park
as well as sending a clear message keep it up and you risk missing games, if you don't agree with it try
bringing it up before the season.

Where are the people on here saying she deserved a suspension? F-wits, just a shame it’s only resolved & common sense used after the fact.

Whether she deserved it or not she was suspended mate.

She should have to carry out the sentence. It’s now become a reverse sexism issue because that has and would never happen to a male

Whether she deserved it or not she was suspended mate.

She should have to carry out the sentence. It’s now become a reverse sexism issue because that has and would never happen to a male

My argument from the start was that it wasn’t a tackle worthy of a reprimand, let alone a suspension. I wouldn’t want to see anyone at all suspended for something like that, gender hasn’t got anything to do with that.

The issue is mostly the 2 reprimands = 1 week suspension rule, when everything should just be judged on its merits individually. For me it’s either a suspension or a fine with nothing in between. You look at her tackle & think “she got a week for that?”, yet someone can push an opponent into a fence & get a slap on the wrist? One act was by far more dangerous than the other.

To be honest all this focus on head injuries & concussion is for the AFL to appease others they take it seriously, which is why suspensions occur. It’s taken seriously for a good reason, but head clashes/knocks/tackle issues are just part of the game people choose to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back