Not open for further replies.

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers

O'Bree's the most obvious one, given that he's good mates with Troy Auld.. I would've thought he would want to stay coaching in a major league, but funnier things have happened.. Who would know with James? He probably would like to go back to Stanhope, but whether he does is another thing.

What are your movements Hank? Heard whispers you might be going back to Stanhope..? Any truth?

corona and lime

Debutant
Sep 30, 2008
on bigfooty
O'Bree's the most obvious one, given that he's good mates with Troy Auld.. I would've thought he would want to stay coaching in a major league, but funnier things have happened.. Who would know with James? He probably would like to go back to Stanhope, but whether he does is another thing.

What are your movements Hank? Heard whispers you might be going back to Stanhope..? Any truth?
O'Bree is going to coach at a Bendigo club this year. Pretty sure Stanhope are close to signing or have signed Patten as senior coach for next year. Also Harrison will stay at Tonny, if he coaches is a different question.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala

Nah mate no truth to that, If they got O'Bree I reckon I'd have to give it some thought but they won't get him, as you say Major League Coach will be where he is at. Tonny for me again I'd say, as Corona & Lime said whether as coach or not I'm not too sure, hopefully we can get someone else to take over. Where are you at with footy/work?

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Nah mate no truth to that, If they got O'Bree I reckon I'd have to give it some thought but they won't get him, as you say Major League Coach will be where he is at. Tonny for me again I'd say, as Corona & Lime said whether as coach or not I'm not too sure, hopefully we can get someone else to take over. Where are you at with footy/work?

Moved up to NT about 5wks ago. Spoken to a couple of NTFL clubs but work involves saturday work, so I'll probably have a year off.

Bit of a shame with you blokes - I remember speaking to some blokes from Mulwala about 4wks before the end of the season and they thought you would win it. Obviously there's a bit to work with for whoever takes over, but doubt Tonny will work too hard if they think you're any chance. How did Joel get on with the sunshine job?

BODZY#32

Team Captain
May 24, 2006
Deep in Defence
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Micky Martin
What's everyone's opinion on Mooroopna having the Grand Final again ?.

I'm completely opposed to having it there (mainly because of the financial structures in place, where KDFL get no benefit from having it there) and I would like it in KDFL hands again (At Murchison, and having that as a central location for all clubs like Tocumwal in the MFL), but have it in a different way to what we had before.

And having other KDFL clubs those who finished on the bottom of the Senior Ladder and didn't host finals run raffles, BBQ's, etc. in conjunction with Murchison during the day.

And to those who think I'm just proposing this just so we can make money to buy players, and challenge for a flag ourselves (which is what all club's want really), well Epping & Whittlesea in the DVFL host Grand Finals all the time, and neither of those two clubs are powerhouses in the DVFL, I'm doing this because it's not fair to have our money go into a club from another league.

I thought the day at Mooroopna was very well run, plenty of bars, canteens, toilets and a good atmosphere. As for Mooroopna cashing in on it if they do i don't agree with that but i suppose something has to give if you have it there.

As for grand finals that were held at Murchison in the past, i have no idea how they went, never been to one.

However the 4 times i've played at Murchison over the past 4 years i have never walked away from the field thinking that that is one of the best playing surfaces in the league or that that is a great place to watch a game from compared with other clubs. In fact quite the opposite, i've left thinking 'how did they get to host so many grand finals, there's not enough seating around the ground and the rooms are the worst in the league' in my opinion.... No offence. Plenty of clubs have poor rooms to prepare for a match in, plenty of clubs in this league don't have enough seating around the ground. But i just can't see how Murchison is a stand out for a grand final in the KDFL. As for a central location, there's bugger all travel anywhere in this league in my opinion.... I'd be happy to see Murchison or any club get a grand final hosting gig in our league, I don't think any ground or facilities are head and shoulders above the rest (Although i think Tally has the best set up). A rotation policy worked really well in the now disbanded CGFL. If people really want the granny taken away from Mooroopna i think it would only be fair to rotate the grand finals around each year

Bridge Spike

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Once again Bodsy you are fair and to the point, i personally love having the chance to play at Mooroopna grand final day. Keep the Granny at Mooroopna till Deakin becomes the obvious choice for a central venue to showcase's the great skills and clubs of our league.

crocket17

Debutant
Apr 8, 2008
GV
AFL Club
Collingwood
Forgive my ignorance, but what would be wrong with playing a Ky League GF in Ky?

I've always thought that's where it should be...good ground for spectators, but the few times i have seen the ground it has been in ordinary shape...is this normal?
I guess an issue with Ky would actually be the travel for clubs such as Tally and clubs south of Murch. Weird how its the Ky league but most clubs are a long way from Ky.

Bridge Spike

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I've always thought that's where it should be...good ground for spectators, but the few times i have seen the ground it has been in ordinary shape...is this normal?
I guess an issue with Ky would actually be the travel for clubs such as Tally and clubs south of Murch. Weird how its the Ky league but most clubs are a long way from Ky.
Not weird just a sign of the times, i am not against Ky just recon its actually outside the league!!!!

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
Once again Bodsy you are fair and to the point, i personally love having the chance to play at Mooroopna grand final day. Keep the Granny at Mooroopna till Deakin becomes the obvious choice for a central venue to showcase's the great skills and clubs of our league.

I wouldn't think it'd ever cross the river.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Clue

Debutant
May 9, 2008
Goulburn Valley
Lancaster B & F results from last night -

Seniors -
B & F - Paul Burnett
R/U - Nick Varcoe

Reserves -
B & F - Rusty McDonell
R/U - Wayne Drust

Under 18's -
B & F - Peter Owen
R/U - Josh Coates

BandGeek

Debutant
Apr 9, 2009
Ironbark Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth
Although the season has basically just finished i would just like to know if there is any news out there on new arrivals to the KDFL for season 2010. Any new coaches, players etc? Anybody leaving? Would be nice to know thanks, even if its just up in the air stuff

Cheers

crocket17

Debutant
Apr 8, 2008
GV
AFL Club
Collingwood
Murchison Best and Fairest from Friday night..

Seniors winner : Matthew Hodgetts, R/U Daniel Freeman

Reserves: Luke Burns

Thirds: Tom Kerrins

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
I thought the day at Mooroopna was very well run, plenty of bars, canteens, toilets and a good atmosphere. As for Mooroopna cashing in on it if they do i don't agree with that but i suppose something has to give if you have it there.

As for grand finals that were held at Murchison in the past, i have no idea how they went, never been to one.

Out of all the one's I've been involved with, we've always done it pretty well, and never have we run out of major items, or we've lacked in something

However the 4 times i've played at Murchison over the past 4 years i have never walked away from the field thinking that that is one of the best playing surfaces in the league or that that is a great place to watch a game from compared with other clubs. In fact quite the opposite, i've left thinking 'how did they get to host so many grand finals, there's not enough seating around the ground and the rooms are the worst in the league' in my opinion.... No offence.

The rooms are ordinary really, I'm not going to deny that, but what we have that most clubs don't is plenty of parking (which Violet Town, Merrigum & Tally lack), and a good location, also I felt that Mooroopna's surface was hard and patchy, and at best on a par with most KDFL clubs, so we'll have to just disagree there

Plenty of clubs have poor rooms to prepare for a match in, plenty of clubs in this league don't have enough seating around the ground. But i just can't see how Murchison is a stand out for a grand final in the KDFL. As for a central location, there's bugger all travel anywhere in this league in my opinion.... I'd be happy to see Murchison or any club get a grand final hosting gig in our league, I don't think any ground or facilities are head and shoulders above the rest (Although i think Tally has the best set up). A rotation policy worked really well in the now disbanded CGFL. If people really want the granny taken away from Mooroopna i think it would only be fair to rotate the grand finals around each year

The KDFL Grand Final was usually spead between 4 grounds (us, Stanhope, Lancaster & Undera), and a lot of the reason why we hosted several Grand Finals was that we weren't in them and they wanted a neutral ground, the reason why I want it at a KDFL central location, whilst having the money spread more evenly, is because it's fairer to all parties.

Anyway, enjoy yourself with your cricket this season, I know I will :D

craig r

Draftee
Jan 20, 2009
shepparton
AFL Club
Essendon
The KDFL Grand Final was usually spead between 4 grounds (us, Stanhope, Lancaster & Undera), and a lot of the reason why we hosted several Grand Finals was that we weren't in them and they wanted a neutral ground, the reason why I want it at a KDFL central location, whilst having the money spread more evenly, is because it's fairer to all parties.

Anyway, enjoy yourself with your cricket this season, I know I will :D

IF all clubs were to get some thing out of it good ,but not real fair if those 4 clubs get granny all time and other clubs get nothing .There got to be a way that all clubs get involved and all get cut out of it.

giveitawash

Team Captain
Jan 4, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Although the season has basically just finished i would just like to know if there is any news out there on new arrivals to the KDFL for season 2010. Any new coaches, players etc? Anybody leaving? Would be nice to know thanks, even if its just up in the air stuff

Cheers

Heard a whisper from a good source that mathew hodgetts is leaving the hoppers to take up an assistant coaching role at katunga (swans) in the picola leauge?? If true then his gold digging ways continue on for all to see, i think he should take a good look at himself?? What do u think crocket??:thumbsdown::mad::confused::heart::footy:

crocket17

Debutant
Apr 8, 2008
GV
AFL Club
Collingwood
Heard a whisper from a good source that mathew hodgetts is leaving the hoppers to take up an assistant coaching role at katunga (swans) in the picola leauge?? If true then his gold digging ways continue on for all to see, i think he should take a good look at himself?? What do u think crocket??:thumbsdown::mad::confused::heart::footy:

I have heard this rumour from someone close to the source also. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest as he has contacts there and is fiercly loyal to the dollar. If what i hear is right, Murch can't compete $$ wise.

If only he attacked the ball as hard as he attacks the coin....

bunfight

Draftee
Aug 17, 2009
shepp
AFL Club
Adelaide
i believe differently i hear he is taking a big drop in salary to remain a hopper:cool:..btw shouldnt u be working on ur own lineup for next year give it a wash and also seeking some counselling for ur well known gambling addiction:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:and crocket maybe u should be in the gym working off those excess kilos u have piled on since ur unfortunate injury:eek::eek:

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
IF all clubs were to get some thing out of it good ,but not real fair if those 4 clubs get granny all time and other clubs get nothing .There got to be a way that all clubs get involved and all get cut out of it.

I think people are starting to 'warm' to the Grand Final at Mooroopna. Chances are every team would have many players/supporters living in Shepp/Mooroopna and it makes getting to the game, and more importantly getting home from the game a bit easier, especially if you need a taxi!

I know I was against it in the past, but I have now been convinced otherwise.

crocket17

Debutant
Apr 8, 2008
GV
AFL Club
Collingwood
i believe differently i hear he is taking a big drop in salary to remain a hopper:cool:..btw shouldnt u be working on ur own lineup for next year give it a wash and also seeking some counselling for ur well known gambling addiction:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:and crocket maybe u should be in the gym working off those excess kilos u have piled on since ur unfortunate injury:eek::eek:

hahaha touchy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back