KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty of a Hird appointment is players at local level can play on any gear they want to :D

Ain’t Karma a baitch!!

Dunno who said that “old adage” last week{?} but as a Bombers supporter I had a smirk as Mike Fitzpatrick delivered the address to dive bomb the Essendon Pepsis in 2013.

Firstly .. hopefully, it is a start of all AFL Clubs under suspicion having their arse kicked.

In early 198ish Ian “Chiza” Hamilton and I were last to get to the White Hart pub from the old Longwood sheds after cleaning up etc. at about 10 to 7 pm.

I shouted a beer and we looked to the TV.

I said “Jeez Chiz, must been wet up on the Murray. Have a look at the scores Corowa 3.15 to Yarrawonga 4.14!”

“Yeh”, said me old mate, “Shocking kicking!! Must have been muddy..”

“Sorry Cobber”, I said to Chiz who was passionate about his footy, “That was the weather report not the footy scores!!!”

“You smart arse Carrot!!”,said my mate Ian Chiza Hamilton!!

So where is this karma bullshite!

After the 6.30 news the 7.00 pm Seven Footy replay started.

As we had all been involved in Longwood footy that Satd’y it was the golden rule in those days that if you knew the result you said nuthin until the replay was over.

Essendon v Carlton at Princes Park.

After 25 minutes into the final quarter. It was “time on” and the Bombers needed 5 unanswered goals to win.

Neale and Terry Daniher went beserk. At the 32 minute moment Essendon trailed by 4 points.

Mike FitzPatrick, at Centre Half Back marked the footy for Carlton and started waving meaningless hand signals!
(..This is the same flecked grey haired bloke who had a smirk to shoot the Bombers down tonight, 27-Aug.13)

The Fitzpatrick Oxford scholar spent a dollar holding the footy and waving and the umpire pinged him for TIME WASTING!!

Neale Daniher on the mark inside fifty was then handed the ball on the turnover.

Kicked it through and the siren rang .. Bombers by 2 points.

Mike Fitzpatrick felt like Mike Fitzmichael!!

Now tonight he has the revenge of Karma!!

Who would buy an AFL footy membership now? Still I haven’t bought one for Essendon for 40 years when I saw this money shite happening in my twenties!!

Cheers John Carrot

Ain’t Karma a baitch!!

Dunno who said that “old adage” last week{?} but as a Bombers supporter I had a smirk as Mike Fitzpatrick delivered the address to dive bomb the Essendon Pepsis in 2013.

Firstly .. hopefully, it is a start of all AFL Clubs under suspicion having their arse kicked.

In early 198ish Ian “Chiza” Hamilton and I were last to get to the White Hart pub from the old Longwood sheds after cleaning up etc. at about 10 to 7 pm.

I shouted a beer and we looked to the TV.

I said “Jeez Chiz, must been wet up on the Murray. Have a look at the scores Corowa 3.15 to Yarrawonga 4.14!”

“Yeh”, said me old mate, “Shocking kicking!! Must have been muddy..”

“Sorry Cobber”, I said to Chiz who was passionate about his footy, “That was the weather report not the footy scores!!!”

“You smart arse Carrot!!”,said my mate Ian Chiza Hamilton!!

So where is this karma bullshite!

After the 6.30 news the 7.00 pm Seven Footy replay started.

As we had all been involved in Longwood footy that Satd’y it was the golden rule in those days that if you knew the result you said nuthin until the replay was over.

Essendon v Carlton at Princes Park.

After 25 minutes into the final quarter. It was “time on” and the Bombers needed 5 unanswered goals to win.

Neale and Terry Daniher went beserk. At the 32 minute moment Essendon trailed by 4 points.

Mike FitzPatrick, at Centre Half Back marked the footy for Carlton and started waving meaningless hand signals!
(..This is the same flecked grey haired bloke who had a smirk to shoot the Bombers down tonight, 27-Aug.13)

The Fitzpatrick Oxford scholar spent a dollar holding the footy and waving and the umpire pinged him for TIME WASTING!!

Neale Daniher on the mark inside fifty was then handed the ball on the turnover.

Kicked it through and the siren rang .. Bombers by 2 points.

Mike Fitzpatrick felt like Mike Fitzmichael!!

Now tonight he has the revenge of Karma!!

Who would buy an AFL footy membership now? Still I haven’t bought one for Essendon for 40 years when I saw this money shite happening in my twenties!!

Cheers John Carrot
:rolleyes: Never let the facts get in the way of a good yarn hey JC.

Fitzpatrick marked at CHB in time on, Blues up by 13 pts at the time, ball handed over to Mark Eustice who kicked to the goal square where Hawker roved and kicked a behind to cut the margin to 12 pts....

It was a terrible decision, Fitzy had the ball for all of 15 seconds !!:eek:

Sorry just had to edit for accuracy......;)

Blues won the flag that year, so no biggie....:thumbsu:

:rolleyes: Never let the facts get in the way of a good yarn hey JC.

Fitzpatrick marked at CHB in time on, Blues up by 13 pts at the time, ball handed over to Mark Eustice who kicked to the goal square where Hawker roved and kicked a behind to cut the margin to 12 pts....

It was a terrible decision, Fitzy had the ball for all of 15 seconds !!:eek:

Sorry just had to edit for accuracy......;)

Blues won the flag that year, so no biggie....:thumbsu:

Great stuff and that just prompted my memory of the Frazer Brown tackle in the 99 prelim final -
I was there in the ponsford stand 4 rows back on level 1 and up until this season when I still had an admiration for the Blues, considered this day to be the greatest day of my life including marriage, child births premierships the lot!

Great stuff and that just prompted my memory of the Frazer Brown tackle in the 99 prelim final -
I was there in the ponsford stand 4 rows back on level 1 and up until this season when I still had an admiration for the Blues, considered this day to be the greatest day of my life including marriage, child births premierships the lot!
One of the greatest days for me also Sparra:thumbsu:

We could enhance this story by saying that Doggy Brown went back from CHB and kicked a barrell straight through the middle when we were 5 pts down to win just before the siren went....;)

But that would be factually incorrect.:)

Is there a link to a rundown from last night's B&F dinner? If not who took out all the awards?

Went watched Gig v Stan and park near score box, much to my surprise the coach and runner sitting 4 cars down , doing all the work from there by runner and phone, anyone tell us why ? Is he not aloud in his own coaching box ?

W
Went watched Gig v Stan and park near score box, much to my surprise the coach and runner sitting 4 cars down , doing all the work from there by runner and phone, anyone tell us why ? Is he not aloud in his own coaching box ?

Were they listening to OneFm, VT v Murch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no better display yesty as to why the top 6 should be scrapped after one season, rewards mediocrity and disadvantages a side that has only lost 2 games for the season, 17 goals to 2 at 3/4 time, not a great spectacle for the league!:thumbsdown:
apparently avenel pushed the concept of the 6
and this year they fininshed 7th.
who played well for both sides Hank ?

apparently avenel pushed the concept of the 6
and this year they fininshed 7th.
who played well for both sides Hank ?
Stanhope

Goal Kickers: M. Johnson 5, M. Trist 5, S. Stroobants 3, A. Auld 2, L. Edwards 2, N. O''Reilly , B. Gray
Best Players: A. Auld, H. Durston, J. Williams, M. Trist, M. Johnson, J. Young
Lancaster

Goal Kickers: C. Eddy 5, H. Barnett , M. Hill , Z. Cerrone
Best Players: P. Burnett, T. DiPetta, Z. Cerrone, M. Hill, N. Bertoli, D. Pinney:thumbsu::)

no better display yesty as to why the top 6 should be scrapped after one season, rewards mediocrity and disadvantages a side that has only lost 2 games for the season, 17 goals to 2 at 3/4 time, not a great spectacle for the league!:thumbsdown:
Totally agree hank left 10 mins into 2nd quarter game was over 15min mark of the first quarter , take it back to a 5

Stanhope

Goal Kickers: M. Johnson 5, M. Trist 5, S. Stroobants 3, A. Auld 2, L. Edwards 2, N. O''Reilly , B. Gray
Best Players: A. Auld, H. Durston, J. Williams, M. Trist, M. Johnson, J. Young
Lancaster

Goal Kickers: C. Eddy 5, H. Barnett , M. Hill , Z. Cerrone
Best Players: P. Burnett, T. DiPetta, Z. Cerrone, M. Hill, N. Bertoli, D. Pinney:thumbsu::)
thanks hank
did you get to the ky/tat night game
ky put the foot down in the second half
will be very hard to stop in finals.

no didnt get to the game last night, but agree Ky are the side to beat. Watched game today and great win by Nagambie, except for the first 10mins, they played the majority of the game on there terms but couldnt get the ascendency on the scoreboard, stuck at it and the floodgates opened in the last.

I was a bit out on the margins, sorry guys!;) You there Sparra?:p

no didnt get to the game last night, but agree Ky are the side to beat. Watched game today and great win by Nagambie, except for the first 10mins, they played the majority of the game on there terms but couldnt get the ascendency on the scoreboard, stuck at it and the floodgates opened in the last.

I was a bit out on the margins, sorry guys!;) You there Sparra?:p

Yeh I'm here with my head buried in the sand.

Anyway - Stanhope/Murch Grand final with Stanhope to win by 10 points

It's not a bad idea if the league has some depth (for example, the GVL game between 3rd placed Tatura and the 6th placed Shepp Swans, should at least be a contest, considering the Swans form of late, Stanhope and Lancaster was likely to be a blow out from the outset), but from your perspective, at least you got through it unscathed.

Now the real stuff happens, Murchison should get by Merrigum by 20 points, and Stanhope will just have enough to get past Nagambie in a two goal game

Finals systems always cause lots of debate. The thinking was that 1/2 the competition should qualify for finals. To compare, the AFL has a final 8 with now 10 teams missing out, IIRC all AFL Grand Final winners in the current final 8 format have been top 4 teams. (The Crows did it from lower in the old system).

The traditional final 5 would have seen VT and Nagambie face off in an Elim Final last Sunday and Merrigum would have played Stanhope with the winner facing Murchison this week.

The GVFL system would have Stanhope playing the winner of Murch and Merrigum this week in a 2nd Semi and the loser of Murch and Merrigum would be playing Nagambie.

Were there any victors in 6th position in any other grade?

Finals systems always cause lots of debate. The thinking was that 1/2 the competition should qualify for finals. To compare, the AFL has a final 8 with now 10 teams missing out, IIRC all AFL Grand Final winners in the current final 8 format have been top 4 teams. (The Crows did it from lower in the old system).

The traditional final 5 would have seen VT and Nagambie face off in an Elim Final last Sunday and Merrigum would have played Stanhope with the winner facing Murchison this week.

The GVFL system would have Stanhope playing the winner of Murch and Merrigum this week in a 2nd Semi and the loser of Murch and Merrigum would be playing Nagambie.

Were there any victors in 6th position in any other grade?
Stanhope A Grade defeated Murch..all others saw 3rd win. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back