Nov 16, 2005
Mainland
Baby Steps Dance Academy
Re: Kyabram District FL

Just gave him a call and the only halfback or wing he will be running off will be at Gig with his brother

So sash can you give us any details on the lads from NT, eg key position players or onballers

sashabnd

Apr 1, 2007
in a house

So sash can you give us any details on the lads from NT, eg key position players or onballers

I can, but u will have to wait and see. 2 are living in Gig now and been tranning well, I can tell u it was worth the week Jodie,George,and Michael spent up there at a Aboriganal footy carnival

King_Of_Ling

Nov 16, 2005
Mainland
Baby Steps Dance Academy

I can, but u will have to wait and see. 2 are living in Gig now and been tranning well, I can tell u it was worth the week Jodie,George,and Michael spent up there at a Aboriganal footy carnival

I'm not really worried, was just trying to spark a bit of conversation. I think the players we loose from the premiership side will be replaced with players of similar if not better ability. Although it will be hard to replace the personalities of magget and bang bang.

I'm not after a full description of each player their abilities/pros/cons. Just a few quick words about them.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
Murchison-Toolamba FNC

Here's an early ladder prediction (minus Nagambie - remove bias).

Stanhope
Lancaster
Violet Town
Tallygaroopna
Undera
Avenel
Ardmona
Girgarre
Rushworth
Murchison
Merrigum

big tony

Nov 1, 2005
Club Jism

Here's an early ladder prediction (minus Nagambie - remove bias).

Stanhope
Lancaster
Violet Town
Tallygaroopna
Undera
Avenel
Ardmona
Girgarre
Rushworth
Murchison
Merrigum

lancaster
violet town
avenal
stanhope
undera
ardmona
tally

lancaster will be massive this year with s few big name recruits from in and around kyabram. a big pre-season behind them and will be tough to beat!
violet town havent had a pre-season under there belt for a number of years now and with an early december start the towners will be raring to go come round one. avenal will climb the ladder again but not quite premiership material yet with some good juniors coming through the ranks and some good old heads in the team could see a rise from the swans boys. stanhope boys are aging, there time has been and its time to get some juniors into there side for some speed, they will be cocky and arrogant as always but still; as always are going to be a huge threat. not much to say about undera besides they're on the improve. ardmona also getting old like stanhope but will still be solid alover the field with the old heads. (is perry going around again?). tally already lost best, osborne and ralph i've heard so they'll fall immensly from last years form.

mercs

Dec 18, 2006
Gippsland
Inverloch

lancaster
violet town
avenal
stanhope
undera
ardmona
tally

lancaster will be massive this year with s few big name recruits from in and around kyabram. a big pre-season behind them and will be tough to beat!
violet town havent had a pre-season under there belt for a number of years now and with an early december start the towners will be raring to go come round one. avenal will climb the ladder again but not quite premiership material yet with some good juniors coming through the ranks and some good old heads in the team could see a rise from the swans boys. stanhope boys are aging, there time has been and its time to get some juniors into there side for some speed, they will be cocky and arrogant as always but still; as always are going to be a huge threat. not much to say about undera besides they're on the improve. ardmona also getting old like stanhope but will still be solid alover the field with the old heads. (is perry going around again?). tally already lost best, osborne and ralph i've heard so they'll fall immensly from last years form.

were is Ralph (I think joint reserves coach United), Osborne & Best going I presume back to GVL clubs

giveitawash

Jan 4, 2007
shepparton

Hey big tony how does a football team NOT have a pre season?? you say violet town havent had a pre season in a number of years??? what happened did the coach and players just call training in april or something did they? surely any normal team would have 1 or 2 runs before xmas? or start early jan? hope that coach has moved on? also big tony and mercs if you knew anything about the kdl you would realise that robert osborne is still coaching tally?? i cant take your predictions seriously big tony

hank1

Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
Tongala

lancaster
violet town
avenal
stanhope
undera
ardmona
tally

Big call Big Tony, Stanhope were 100pts better than anyone this year and they will be a better side next year so can't see them dropping down at all, Lancaster will be the only side that may be able to get near them IF they sign up a couple more.

cosby

Oct 3, 2005
the Ponds
Hawks

We're still a week away from 2008 so I think it's a bit early to be predicting how teams will fare in the the new season, however I think those predictions above are severely under-rating Tally.
They had a fair even and skilful team last year and with the pick ups that are rumoured to be heading out Numurkah rd they'll be right in amongst it from the get-go I would have thought.

Stanhope are Stanhope, they continuously sit at right end of the ladder. They've replaced what they've lost already and will most likely be the benchmark again.

Undera, Ardmona, Avenel have all been a bit quieter but are bound to lift next year, with perhaps the only excpetion being Ardmona if a few boys follow Willo out to Murch.

Violet Town are completely out of my loop when it comes to knowledge of thier ins and outs, but I think most would expect them to improve on this year.

2008 looks like it might be a lot more even in the top half than it's been for quite some time.

giveitawash

Jan 4, 2007
shepparton

my ladder for 2008
stanhope
undera
tally
lancaster
violet town
ardmona
avenel
gigaree
nagambie
murchison
rushworth
merrigum

remember this ladder in late august?

mercs

Dec 18, 2006
Gippsland
Inverloch

Hey big tony how does a football team NOT have a pre season?? you say violet town havent had a pre season in a number of years??? what happened did the coach and players just call training in april or something did they? surely any normal team would have 1 or 2 runs before xmas? or start early jan? hope that coach has moved on? also big tony and mercs if you knew anything about the kdl you would realise that robert osborne is still coaching tally?? i cant take your predictions seriously big tony

well big feller thats why I asked after all bigfooty is about sharing information so others can keep up to date with what is going on.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
Murchison-Toolamba FNC

Are Girgarre running a night series again?

I would have thought that Kyabram would run something with their new lighting facilities.

sashabnd

Apr 1, 2007
in a house

Are Girgarre running a night series again?

I would have thought that Kyabram would run something with their new lighting facilities.

Girgarre started it for the KDFL,they are the one's who started it and that is where it should stay and not be under cut and robbed of there start of season fund raising effort by another club who can see a good thing working.

Kyabram good spot for GVL night series but.

cosby

Oct 3, 2005
the Ponds
Hawks

Girgarre started it for the KDFL,they are the one's who started it and that is where it should stay and not be under cut and robbed of there start of season fund raising effort by another club who can see a good thing working.

Kyabram good spot for GVL night series but.
I'm sure the benefit of the KDL was at the forefront of the decision by Gig to start a night series Sasha. :rolleyes:

With the lights and set up that Ky now have, if they chose to run a night comp Gig are hardly going to be able to do anything about it, although perhaps Ky's comp would only incorporate GVL and Murray league teams.

I was talking to a Gig guy last night and he said that only 4 guys came/are coming down from NT, not the 12 that has been rumoured. And that one of them has already split and returned home. He doesn't hold much hope of him returning to Gig.

Apparently Winterton has signed at Gig also.

sashabnd

Apr 1, 2007
in a house

I'm sure the benefit of the KDL was at the forefront of the decision by Gig to start a night series Sasha. :rolleyes:

With the lights and set up that Ky now have, if they chose to run a night comp Gig are hardly going to be able to do anything about it, although perhaps Ky's comp would only incorporate GVL and Murray league teams.

I was talking to a Gig guy last night and he said that only 4 guys came/are coming down from NT, not the 12 that has been rumoured. And that one of them has already split and returned home. He doesn't hold much hope of him returning to Gig.

Apparently Winterton has signed at Gig also.

True, one would hope that if they did run a night series it would be GVL or MFL but they have s@#t on local clubs around them before so will have to wait and see.

As 1 of the boys from NT he is not in the 4 that played last season which are all coming back,and he went home for chrissy and will be back mid Jan.

Winterton has talked about playing at gig because of his girlfriend has mates at gig and thats about it at this time,So he has not signed like u have been told, hope he does but.

LastLine14

Nov 25, 2007
shepparton

Gee...didnt see that stanhope reply coming HANK, god forbid anyone talking negative about stanhope, the league's little wonderchild.
A handfull of good players,soft or otherwise, a few duds, a BIG late year signing = kdfl premiership.......finally.

hank1

Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
Tongala

Gee...didnt see that stanhope reply coming HANK, god forbid anyone talking negative about stanhope, the league's little wonderchild.
A handfull of good players,soft or otherwise, a few duds, a BIG late year signing = kdfl premiership.......finally.

Mate I've spoken positively and negatively about Stanhope and been canned for both, I'm not sure that you win premierships with a "handfull of good players,soft or otherwise, a few duds", yes the late signing would have helped them, but they would have won it without him.
"kdfl premiership.......finally", well thats an interesting call seeing they were Premiers and Champions in 2003, only 3 sides had won a premiership during that time (Rushy, Tally, Ardy) and then you only have to go back to 2000 for the next, so I'm not sure finally would be the right word to use (3 premierships in 8 years), yes they went close two years running and yes should have won both, but a lot of sides have fallen over at the last hurdle over the years, and a lot of them have then dropped by the wayside not to be seem for years to come, atleast they all stuck at it and ended up with a premiership, and will more than likely have back to back come the end of September 2008.

lion's_roar

Jul 25, 2005
At the bar
Mansfield, Stanhope

Mate I've spoken positively and negatively about Stanhope and been canned for both, I'm not sure that you win premierships with a "handfull of good players,soft or otherwise, a few duds", yes the late signing would have helped them, but they would have won it without him.
"kdfl premiership.......finally", well thats an interesting call seeing they were Premiers and Champions in 2003, only 3 sides had won a premiership during that time (Rushy, Tally, Ardy) and then you only have to go back to 2000 for the next, so I'm not sure finally would be the right word to use (3 premierships in 8 years), yes they went close two years running and yes should have won both, but a lot of sides have fallen over at the last hurdle over the years, and a lot of them have then dropped by the wayside not to be seem for years to come, atleast they all stuck at it and ended up with a premiership, and will more than likely have back to back come the end of September 2008.

I'm surprised you even bothered replying to that crap Hank.
Just another case of either tall poppy sydrome or a post from someone who's never seen a KDFL game

hank1

Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
Tongala

I'm surprised you even bothered replying to that crap Hank.
Just another case of either tall poppy sydrome or a post from someone who's never seen a KDFL game

It was early in the morning mate, had nothing better to do.

TTTT

Nov 30, 2006
victoria

hows ardy looking have they signed anyone yet or lost players, is joe deangelis going back now that he aint coaching

Lido

Draftee
Suspended
Dec 19, 2007
shep

hows ardy looking have they signed anyone yet or lost players, is joe deangelis going back now that he aint coaching

[/quote strathy will not miss him as coach,i am sure the only word he can say is kicket to me and run run run