Universal Love Keith Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

He gets a lot of criticism but the reality is that he’s caught between a rock and a hard place fighting fires between the board and the football department.
When he comes out and makes statements like "if Ken was out of contract this year I would definitely sign him" it's no wonder. Cannot wait until he is gone from the Club.

Are we supposed to be impressed they having been planning for "several months" about a 150th they have been hyping for the last few years. At the moment I don't think I could care less.

Also imagine paying more for the raging binfire that has been Port 2015-2019.

Last edited:
He gets a lot of criticism but the reality is that he’s caught between a rock and a hard place fighting fires between the board and the football department.
If he was smart enough, strong enough in character and bold enough to apply it he would find the way to fight himself out from between said rock and said hard place.

But the sad truth is ... he ain’t.

I wouldn't read too much into the email, it was always unlikely we'd raise costs, it's clearly at tipping point and the lack of success would have pushed it over.

That is literally the job we are concerned he isn't doing well.

HIS job.

Last edited:

I know I should be worried about this but it actually pleases me.

If the board and the football department were all happy days at the moment I would be very concerned.

p.s. I definitely want a 150th scarfe.

KT is no PR professional. He’s just muddled. I sat next to him during a pitch he was making back in February 2015, after five minutes I had to interrupt and take over as the ‘victim’ was already looking at his watch. Andrew Hunter has said much the same after a negotiation in Hangzhou. If KT was to invest elsewhere the hours he spends in the Land of Muddle he’d be able to do ten times as much.
this is damning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will be a real sense of desperation to get the Maggies to a flag. The club needs some good news to sell to us.

Good. At least they'd be focussing on their core business which is winning games of football.

I wouldn't read too much into the email, it was always unlikely we'd raise costs, it's clearly at tipping point and the lack of success would have pushed it over.

Sound advice, especially after the last letter from KT.

I remember the good times when casual was carrying ice at family day, love was flowing, now he may as well be carrying "ice" as the hate is growing. Let's keep calm, I love you Keith, don't listen to the haters

Anything else would be seen as unsupportive so I'm not sure what else he can say.

How about saying nothing?
How about instead of ringing endorsements, he says something neutral? If he can't think of anything, then perhaps he is out of his depth and should quit and find another day job.

What about the additionl cost being incurred for public transport next season thanks to the Libs?
How much would this effect the clubs bottom line if they are covering the increase in costs?
I noticed this when we came over for a game. The ticket price included free public transport to/from the game (which we used), and I wondered how this was funded. I assumed the venue just factored that into their ticket prices, but given in this case that would be the SMA, it's conceivable that it would be the Clubs instead that foot the bill.

Correct.

A pragmatic decision.

I am so disengaged every single thing the club spits out sounds like spin and BS. Maybe it isn't, but I am at that stage it is all I hear. They will talk up all.about the supporters/150th blah blah, meanwhile here are your 2 captains and useless coach again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back