Universal Love Keith Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the email was a load of garbage. KT would have made a great politician. Crap on an on and try to guilt us, but not actually deliver anything. "so stay tuned" should be his nickname

The “young group” part triggered the sh-t out of me.

We are run by delusional clowns.
Remember 2014? Why aren't we connecting with our members? It wouldn't be because our football team sucks ass and this is a direct result of our decision to tie ourselves to a mediocre head coach? Hmmm... nah. I think it might be about a completely vague notion of listening to members instead.

Why the problem with "stay tuned" ?

Obviously things are in motion but until the end of the season his hands are tied.

To me that says we can expect some changes to happen and he hears us but some patience is needed.

But we have heard it all before. We have had changes but they have not been the right changes.

We have been waiting since 2015 for some results, how long do you want us to wait?

KT sent you and me that 'rally round the flag' e mail for three reasons viz.-
Sun May12- 26,129
Sat Jun29- 25,623
Sat Jul 27- 27,591

Why else do you think we got the history lesson and a reference to marches and 30,000 T shirts ? The way things are going if they put 30,000 tee shirts out against Syney they might have 10.000 left over.

KT spoke about putting things right then wrote this...

But Port Adelaide is about winning and it’s about its putting its community first.
I promise you, we’re going to do more of that.
So stay tuned.

That is just it KT. How about we put winning a Premiership first and let the community take care of itself?

Sounds like another community program and the members can be involved by funding it !
This club has made me very cynical.

Once I get confirmation the coach is gone I will renew 3 season tickets for next year. As simple as that Keith. But once you double down on this Muppet again we are gone.
While I'm renewing, I think a lot of people will think like this.

To send that email with 4 games to go in a season, after admitting 5 years of failure, there now has to be decisive action. Otherwise the disenchanted supporter base will be put even more offside and vote with their feet and wallets next season. There's no choice now but to act this season. It's much too close to the renewal period to say all this and then do nothing, but also far enough away that supporters can wait and see what has been done before deciding on next season.

Why the problem with "stay tuned" ?

Obviously things are in motion but until the end of the season his hands are tied.

To me that says we can expect some changes to happen and he hears us but some patience is needed.

Remember when we were told to "stay tuned" about a major sponsor. Hope you're in no hurry. Absolute piffle. Until you actually have something to say, keep your mouth shut would be a better option.

I have fallen for this clubs word salad way too many times...never again.

It would have be a good email but the history behind is too much ....sorry.

But we have heard it all before. We have had changes but they have not been the right changes.

We have been waiting since 2015 for some results, how long do you want us to wait?

KT sent you and me that 'rally round the flag' e mail for three reasons viz.-
Sun May12- 26,129
Sat Jun29- 25,623
Sat Jul 27- 27,591

Why else do you think we got the history lesson and a reference to marches and 30,000 T shirts ? The way things are going if they put 30,000 tee shirts out against Syney they might have 10.000 left over.

And if he had said nothing it would still be a problem.

People need to understand that he's restricted on what he can say while the season is ongoing.

Remember when we were told to "stay tuned" about a major sponsor. Hope you're in no hurry. Absolute piffle. Until you actually have something to say, keep your mouth shut would be a better option.

Like I said, if he keeps his mouth shut people still won't be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the key KT.

And it must include the two biggest f@&k ups that the Club has made in recent years i.e. Hinkley’s extension and the Co-Captains decision.

Two admissions plus corresponding corrective action and you’ll get 95% of the herd back onside. Guaranteed.

Your time starts now.
Lol if he throws away millions of dollars that we don’t have on a contract payout you will be back on side. * me.

He will be shown the door.

Teekray said:
People in this thread are calling for actions rather than words. I think that's fair enough. Let's wait and see what actions are taken over the next couple of months before we jump on KT again.
Nah

We’ve done years of waiting, and hes shown nothing to indicate the next two months will be different, any more than the previous two months.

Keep feet to the fire, because the one thing we know for sure is that respite in our part will just produce spin and complacency

Look at all these people crawling back after one email. Nothing has changed people. Maintain the ******* rage until proven otherwise.
I think the email was a load of garbage. KT would have made a great politician. Crap on an on and try to guilt us, but not actually deliver anything. "so stay tuned" should be his nickname
I thought Hinkley was the used car salesman!?!!

Realistically, that was about as strong an email as a football club CEO could possibly pen in the current scenario. It was an admission of the club's failings over many years and an acknowledgement that he understands exactly what we as supporters are saying and thinking. I liked it.

People in this thread are calling for actions rather than words. I think that's fair enough. Let's wait and see what actions are taken over the next couple of months before we jump on KT again.
Yes, as I said in previous posts, there is certainly a “wink, wink, nudge, nudge” feel to Keith’s email.

I honestly dont know what more he could have said ....
But having said that, until there is clear decisive action (sack ken, 1 captain wears #1, grow some balls about the PB guernsey) it counts for nothing.

Will always attend port adelaide games. Undecided how many ill attend next year if we're still crows lite.

And if he had said nothing it would still be a problem.

People need to understand that he's restricted on what he can say while the season is ongoing.

No, it is better to STFU and make whatever decision he has to make. Why does KT need to say anything other than to spin us into going to watch a load of s**t? There is an old axiom, actions speak louder than words.

Nah

We’ve done years of waiting, and hes shown nothing to indicate the next two months will be different, any more than the previous two months.

Keep feet to the fire, because the one thing we know for sure is that respite in our part will just produce spin and complacency

Let's say hypothetically theres two options:

1. We're waiting for finals to be out of the question and the 2021 part of the contract becomes void, leaving us with one year to pay out, or

2. KT sacks Hinkley right now but potentially costs the club much more money in the long run

Which one are you going for? It's all well and good to jump up and down and want your preferred option to happen right now but we don't have all the details.

KT isn't out of the woods. He will still be held to account and he basically admitted it.

In my view his communication said as much as could possibly be said at this point in time. We just have to wait and see.

I honestly dont know what more he could have said ....
But having said that, until there is clear decisive action (sack ken, 1 captain wears #1, grow some balls about the PB guernsey) it counts for nothing.
You want him to go to the AFL cap-in-hand for millions of dollars to sack Ken and also fight them for the right to wear the prison bars. You don’t ask for much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back