kelli underwood sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

This news was definitely a step in the right direction. I don't have a problem with female callers, I just prefer it if they actually SOUND like females.

Glad to see that Channel 10 didn't fold like a house of cards and keep her on.

I actually thought her commentary was OK, it was just the voice that was irritating.

I agree the headline is misleading though, it's a demotion, not a sacking.

Thank you god.

She used a cliche about every second and got player's name wrong every millisecond. Won't be missed.

The hate is a bit over the top imo. There's a few that deserve demotion before her.
Most people hate her because of her voice.
Alot of people hate her because of her lack of football knowledge.
We can all agree however that she ONLY got the job in the first place, ahead of other more worthy candidates, because she is a woman.

Thank you god.

She used a cliche about every second and got player's name wrong every millisecond. Won't be missed.

This.

I'm all for getting a woman on the commentary team, but at least find one who knows what she's talking about. It's like she was reading from Commentary Cliches 101 the entire time.

That said, the channel 10 commentary team is full of complete hacks anyway.

Also a couple of former players who have somehow found themselves with a job as a commentator, despite the fact that they can barely speak without confusing themselves (Alastair Lynch anybody?).

The vast array of radio callers with huge experience who would be lining up for a big tv job?
And as a bonus they wouldnt set peoples teeth on edge any time they speak.

Well, possibly, but many of the top-notch radio callers either split their time with TV commitments already, or they've got no interest in moving to a TV role. Are there any worthy commentators who aren't already on TV and desperately want to be? I can't think of too many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you god.

Like she's the only commentator who does that. :rolleyes:

Re: Underwood sent to the boundary-line

YEAH!!! When you get one fracking game shown a week over here and you have to listen to that tripe it is almost worth turning off!! She was deplorable and I was embarressed listening to her and I was on my own....

The greatest thing about this is, if you are smart enough to have your finger on the mute button, whenever the commentators in the box say "Kelly" (as in they are about to cross to her) you may never hear her voice on a football coverage ever again.:):thumbsu:

Couldn't they have picked a woman with a hot voice at least?

Kellie was just a woman trying to commentate like a man which defeats the whole point of having a woman commentate.

The female commentator doesn't have to be hot, you don't really see the commentators during the call anyway, she needs to SOUND hot and different. Problem here is, people who defend Kellie cry sexism.

Insecurity and sexism aren't the reason we hate her. It's because she's a terrible commentator that happens to be a woman.

Uh no she doesn't need to sound hot, she needs to sound competent and not have voice that makes you want to reach through the screen and choke her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back