Kevin Sheedy v Robert Walls from Seven's 'Talking Footy 2001

Remove this Banner Ad

Walls, who I detest, owned sheedy.
Yep, looked especially unedifying on Sheedy's behalf considering he was just coming off the 2000 season. Why get riled up and hold grudges when you've just had a season like that?

Wonder who the player was that reported back to Sheedy on what Walls allegedly said?

For all of his achievements, Kevin Sheedy always has been a lot of bluster that very few dared challenge. Robert Walls had no such fear and this was a brilliant moment, in that it typified that KS was not willing to back up his words. RW's statement about relative experience in coaching overall (as opposed to coaching at just one club) was very well made and 100% on point. Loved seeing this at the time and still do.

For all of his achievements, Kevin Sheedy always has been a lot of bluster that very few dared challenge. Robert Walls had no such fear and this was a brilliant moment, in that it typified that KS was not willing to back up his words. RW's statement about relative experience in coaching overall (as opposed to coaching at just one club) was very well made and 100% on point. Loved seeing this at the time and still do.

Can't remember seeing this at the time, and have never been the biggest fan of Walls - but I love how he called Sheedy on his unending bullshit. He's completely correct in this.

Interesting that later on Sheedy would play a role as token head coach of GWS in their first season or two so maybe what Wallsy said stuck in his head for years to come. Apparently Mark Williams was the real day to day coach for them in those years when Sheedy there.

That's not even start of her career, it's mid. Cut her teeth in the 80s.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think she started in the broadcast media in 1990 presenting on 3AW from memory.

This video is the AFL equivalent of the infamous showdown between Brian Clough and Don Revie in 1974.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back