Current Khandalyce Pearce-Stevenson dead in suitcase - mother Karlie murdered in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

How wasn't the disappearance of the mother and daughter linked from the start? For me that leads towards their murders being separated by a period of time and most likely the daughter was first?

I'd think the mother was first...daughter would be easier to handle without the mother. The mother would do whatever she could to protect her child.

kill her in the ACT/NSW region and dump the body..then the kid, dumping her along the way, or perhaps, kill them both at the same time and dump them 1200km apart? There is a highway that runs direct from Belanglo to Wynarka. Sturt Hwy, sounds like someone who's accustomed to long driving, knows the highway, and perhaps wanted the two separated...but why make the suitcase so prominent on the side of the road if you didn't want it found and eventually linked?

also, the mother was reported to be living in the Canberra area prior to disappearance. That's not particularly far from Belanglo Forrest or the Sturt Hwy.

There is some good dashcam footage of the suitcase which had been moved to attract attention of those passing by.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-21/breakthrough-announced-in-wynarka-and-belanglo-cases/6872550

How wasn't the disappearance of the mother and daughter linked from the start? For me that leads towards their murders being separated by a period of time and most likely the daughter was first?

It appears from the articles ive read the mother wasnt identified until now and they were only linked because of a phone call giving them a heads up to who the daughter was.

Last edited:
Didn't they say the girl was born in 2006 and was 2 when she died?

Didn't they say the girl was born in 2006 and was 2 when she died?

It was only an approximate of her age that was initially made. They confirmed using DNA samples

There is a highway that runs direct from Belanglo to Wynarka. Sturt Hwy, sounds like someone who's accustomed to long driving, knows the highway, and perhaps wanted the two separated...but why make the suitcase so prominent on the side of the road if you didn't want it found and eventually linked?

The suitcase had been moved from further in the bush to the side of the road by people not aware of the contents.

Intriguing thing about this case is the locations, the child was buried not far from Adelaide, Karlie did travel through Adelaide but it was thought that she and the child lived in Canberra after that and before her disappearance, she was buried 2 hour drive from Canberra why on earth is the child a 12 hour drive away?.

Karlie was apparently spotted in her car in Coober Pedy - what has happened to her car?

My gut feel is the police know much much more than they are letting on, they would have checked Centrelink and bank account records by now so they would know exactly where she was and when and when the money trail stopped, this would give them a pretty accurate time frame of when she was killed but they are saying they don't know - doesn't make sense to me, they know.

I'd think the mother was first...daughter would be easier to handle without the mother. The mother would do whatever she could to protect her child.

kill her in the ACT/NSW region and dump the body..then the kid, dumping her along the way, or perhaps, kill them both at the same time and dump them 1200km apart? There is a highway that runs direct from Belanglo to Wynarka. Sturt Hwy, sounds like someone who's accustomed to long driving, knows the highway, and perhaps wanted the two separated...but why make the suitcase so prominent on the side of the road if you didn't want it found and eventually linked?

also, the mother was reported to be living in the Canberra area prior to disappearance. That's not particularly far from Belanglo Forrest or the Sturt Hwy.

There is some good dashcam footage of the suitcase which had been moved to attract attention of those passing by.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-21/breakthrough-announced-in-wynarka-and-belanglo-cases/6872550
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...in-wynarka-and-belanglo-cases/6872550[/QUOTE]

I thought Truck driver because of the route?? Offered her a ride back to Adelaide ? Maybe she was on her way back home to Alice Springs?

My gut feel is the police know much much more than they are letting on, they would have checked Centrelink and bank account records by now so they would know exactly where she was and when and when the money trail stopped, this would give them a pretty accurate time frame of when she was killed but they are saying they don't know - doesn't make sense to me, they know.

makes perfect sense...they won't say because if they're correct it'd be giving the culprit a chance to fix a alibi or something along those lines.

The suitcase had been moved from further in the bush to the side of the road by people not aware of the contents.

Police believe the Lanza suitcase containing Khandalyce’s skeletal remains, a quilt and clothing was dumped behind a tree around 10m off the Karoonda Hwy, 1.5km west of Wynarka, in either late March or early April this year.

It was partially emptied behind the tree, where the remains were found, before being dragged closer to the highway, where many people inspected its contents in the ensuing months.

The skeletal remains were found on July 14 by a passing motorist who noticed more clothing behind the tree and inspected it

this is the part that makes no sense...anyways, the 60 something year old that was seen with the case probably has a few questions to answer, perhaps he was her benefactor?
Karlie was apparently spotted in her car in Coober Pedy - what has happened to her car?

she made contact with her mother 11 months later...

And why is that relevant to where her car is? not trying to be argumentative - just don't see the connection, she had a car, what happened to it?

good question, who knows...there's thousands of dumped cars across the deserts of this country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good question, who knows...there's thousands of dumped cars across the deserts of this country.

And in rivers.

Few years back cops went to local watering/swimming hole with cranes and everything - pulled out half a dozen cars and even sent Police divers down there as well.

Interesting to hear that the two breakthroughs came from the 1267th and 1271st calls through to Crime Stoppers. I feel for the families who I understand wouldn't have been aware they met a tragic end until the 8th of October.

some info regarding her car.

Police have revealed details of the car Karlie was driving, described as a red or maroon 1996 VL Holden Commodore station wagon.

The car was originally registered in the Northern Territory and in the years since Karlie and Khandalyce went missing it was re-registered in NSW under another person's name.

The person who re-registered the car has been interviewed by police and cleared as a suspect.

Police are investigating who gave or sold the car to that person and it is forming a major line of inquiry for investigators.

They said they did not know who currently owned the car or where it was.

How can they eliminate that guy as a suspect?

I find it hard to believe that in 2015 they can't type in the car rego into a computer and look it up. Even if the plates were changed (legally).

They should of just been able to type in her name and all of these details would of come up straight away. Outrageous if this didn't happen.

Seems the car is an important piece of the puzzle.

Police have said the man seen with the suitcase near Wynarka is now probably irrelevant. It seems they have their person (s) of interest and lucky it seems they are probably already in jail.

What is the story with the 'suitcase man'?, sounds like a load of garbage, i hope the cops throw the book at those women in wynarka who made up the story, led the cops on a wild goose chase.

What is the story with the 'suitcase man'?, sounds like a load of garbage, i hope the cops throw the book at those women in wynarka who made up the story, led the cops on a wild goose chase.

If they genuinely believed it was the same case carried by a potential suspect they won't be charged. For every 99 red herrings, there may be 1 important clue. You don't want to make people think twice about reporting something that may be genuine.

Because it was difficult getting/using dna from the child and linking it to anyone else.
Because there's thousands of people who go missing every year, including children.
They actually ran checks on hundreds of children that were known to have been in danger. I think as a result of those checks they actually managed to pull a few children out from high risk environments.
Because they do not release all information to the public during an investigation, they may have had their suspicions of these two cases being linked, potentially other cases as well.

I'm betting there is more then one person involved in these murders.

I find it hard to believe that in 2015 they can't type in the car rego into a computer and look it up. Even if the plates were changed (legally).

perhaps the police aren't telling us "everything"...they may well know where the car is, and it's relationship to the crime, who knows?

perhaps the police aren't telling us "everything"...they may well know where the car is, and it's relationship to the crime, who knows?

Most of the time they do know more then they release to the media.
They obviously aren't going to stand in front of the cameras and tell the criminal they are after how much they know, so that criminal can then go and take steps to his benefit against the police investigation/operation to catch him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back