Kickstarters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Very close to pledging for this to get the original as well. Then I watched a 'how to play' of the original and it seems way beyond my level at the moment, as much as it looks really cool. Might still get it.
It’ll go to retail, you’d just miss the exclusives, but even those with Red Raven games they put them on their store later. They aren’t like some Kickstarter / Gamefound where if you don’t get them at the time you’ll have to cough up more to get second hand later.

If you haven’t played any Red Raven games I’d recommend Above and Below as a good starting one to get their general style, to see if you like. It’s not a campaign (also competitive), so not as much to worry about tracking.

A few to add. Wife has backed Tiny Epic Vikings. Latest Tiny Epic game. We enjoyed Tiny Epic Pirates, our first Tiny Epic backed and the North Sea (Viking) games, so should be a winner.

A couple I've backed at $1 pledges for now, but will do fully later in pledge managers.

Dark Quarter, a fantasy / horror / detective game set in New Orleans, but magic and monsters of the area are 'real'. A campaign type game.

c74268ed173d29f8e42157d7af456ac7_original.png

The other one will be going fully in on is Waste Knights. How could I not? Dystopian post-apocalyptic Australia. The Kickstarter was an expansion to the existing game, but didn't have that so getting base + expansion.

24982941eedbfd85bab3e8047607f31b_original.jpg

Does anyone still do Kickstarters?

I did one and its $90 for the game and $60 for shipping. My last KS until shipping costs fall.

Basically its Amazon or nothing now.
Still do them (and Gamefound). Most of my games the last 2 - 3 years have been Kickstarters. I like both bigger games (multiple expansions / lots of mini's) and games which aren't just less than subtle variations on a theme already flogged to death. Retail by it's nature is more risk adverse as to what they stock / what established game companies produce.

Have you looked at pricing for any games at the moment though? Even retail at game stores are nuts due to shipping and material costs. It's reduced the number of games wife and I are getting across any means (Kickstarter / Gamefound or Retail). Pricing due to anything that ships though is way up though. I don't see that changing anytime soon unfortunately.

Wife has backed Moon (deluxe version) the sort of sequel to Streets and Villagers. To go with that got in our first game of Villagers tonight.

View attachment 1446203
Also backed this to round out the trilogy of games. It looks to be the full. implementation of the two key mechanics in Streets and Villagers. Excited for it.

Anyone looked at Oathsworn?

I suspect I would love it but Im sure it will be $80 to $100 shipping. Would any local stores get copies with the 2nd round of printing ? Or Amazon ?

Looks pretty good, but I'd want the minis and definitely don't want to store that many huge boxes.

Anyone looked at Oathsworn?

I suspect I would love it but Im sure it will be $80 to $100 shipping. Would any local stores get copies with the 2nd round of printing ? Or Amazon ?
Looks good, but already have a backlog of campaign type games (Sleeping Gods to complete, Destinies and Chronicles of Druangor yet to start) and that's before Frosthaven, Sleeping Gods: Distant Skies, Chronicles of Druangor AOD expansion, Soul Raiders, Ancient Blood - Order of Vampire Hunters, Dawn of Madness and just backed Deep Madness even arrive. There's no way I can justify or would get to playing it, short of winning the lottery and being able to play games 30 hours a week.

I've backed Deep Madness, all in. The last big game (famous last words) plan to do for awhile (will still get smaller ones). Given the backlog of campaign games / big multi-expansion games wife and I have already got to get through, I'm only backing this as have been waiting for the reprint for over 2 years.

a36063ced624cecfe2ae45ed7a5fbe5c_original.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few one's backed the last month and a bit. Some current at $1 to bump up later. Also backed the new expansion to Castles of Mad King Ludwig.

Oceans: Legends of the Deep. Engine builder, somewhat like a water based Evolution, but with this fantasy monsters / creatures added to the mix.

cd539e9e261bcbef9fc2502246b3ae31_original.jpg

The Stifling Dark - horror / escape the killer game.

5200fbe555bc61bb488a4d1dcaa7d068_original.png

Race to the Raft - an Isle of the Cats game, but not an expansion of it, it's a standalone one.

c1e53e1061fbfe2890f7731d03c04221_original.jpg

Patriot a social deduction game.

81bc4b4216c8f9373e667333f0df000c_original.gif

Oathsworn - Into the Deep Wood . A campaign game. Our Kryptonite. :drunk:

a7a4b32d03024c55865382fe55ab7768_original.png

Maple Valley - a stand alone sequel to Creature Comforts.

7686dd529379d09d0a92e4f5d8bdbd33_original.jpg

I recently backed the 3rd season of Marvel United, which means that game will keep slowly drowning me in boxes over time. It is a good co-op game system though and we’ve played through all the content we have so far, so it earns its keep.

Recently received an Australian designed game, DOGFIGHT, which is like Captain Sonar style real time, team based aerial combat.

StI’ll waiting for FIGHTERS OF THE PACIFIC. Getting a bit ridiculous.

Marvel United just didn't click for us. It's alright enough for a quick game with a non-gamer but we found it a little too basic and repetitive for any kind of longevity, and that's including some of the more popular expansions!

The toy factor is very cool, though I do think it artificially inflates some of the sentiment towards the game I see online!

Dungeon Saga Origins is a reboot of the original, which misfired because of a disconnect over the rules direction with the writer (Mantic promised the community what they wanted, which was a Mantic flavoured modernised rendition of Warhammer Quest/Hero Quest, but the contracted writer had already written something else and did not personally like the Quest games), I'm hoping the rules are backwards compatible so that all the original scenarios and expansions can also be played with it.

Battletech is Battletech, more mechs for the mech god

The other three are RPGs written by people on another forum of which I am a member, Hellrunners is a first timer but Sandy Pug Games and Ettin already have multiple well reviewed RPGs out there.

Decided against bumping my pledge for Oathsworn, as just too many campaign games already (with more on the way). A few backed the last 3 months or so:

Shipwrights of the North Sea : Redux. As the designer admits, Shipwrights (original) is clearly not to the level of subsequent games, as he became a better designer. Even in the North Seas trilogy, it's clearly the weakest link by far. The theme is staying the same, but now with more elements from their later games.

0ed99be9ecf6d211aa945187dd189bc1_original.png

Also from Garphill games, Scholars of the South Tigris, the second South Tigris game.

f15a570a06fc0b9f59f4ab8c8ea10038_original.png

Also An Age Contrived - Fantasy engine building game. Let's Go! Japan - about traveling Japan. Terminus - Subway building game. And Dog Park - base game, plus new expansion.

I feel like this year has been a bit light on for good releases via crowdfunding. Haven't backed much for a few months.

Thiefdom (mostly to access Clans of Caledonia as an extra)
AEG expansions to Cubitos and War Chest
Paperback Anniversary Edition and
Lets go to Japan
Pacific Ocean
Marvel Multiverse

I think I'll have a flurry of games delivered soon that I backed late last year or earlier. Waiting on:

MOON
First in Flight
Explorers of the Woodlands
Kingdom Rush

I feel like this year has been a bit light on for good releases via crowdfunding. Haven't backed much for a few months.
I agree with this. Probably a good thing, letting bank accounts recover after wife and I went crazy backing stuff during COVID. Hopefully Moon gets out soon! Have Villagers and backed Moon (along with picking up Streets as didn't have that).

Will be backing the latest Red Raven Gamefound campaign Creature Caravan. Although it's not just one game. There's Creature Caravan, their latest Arzium game (others City of Iron, Above and Below, Near and Far, Islebound and Roam), plus an Azrium RPG and an updated Islebound edition. We have Islebound already, but will get the updated edition. Will also grab Roam, as currently don't have that.

b5c7dcf3-c7a5-41c0-b70b-c2c6263fb6df.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back