Multiplat Kingdom Hearts III

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched a video explaining the story, still got no idea.
It's because they went money hungry after some early success and started making s**t up as they went along so now we have this ridiculous story about heartless and nobodies and no ones and and random organisations and who is Rikku? And how many Ansem's are there and wtf is organisation XIII?

I kinda got a little bit of it but I might even just buy it if the gameplay is good.
Fair enough, even if you played all the games you’d probably wouldn’t have much idea anyways it’s that conveluted.

I played the first two main games on release. Having missed all the other games I had absolutley no idea what was going on. I watched a few of the explanation videos and still no idea! I thought I'd play it anyway as I loved the concept of it but ended up taking it back after finishing the fourth world. I thought the gameplay alone would keep me going but being lost story wise turned me off.

In regard to the gameplay the combat is fantastic, I did feel like the attraction moves were abit of overkill though. Level design I thought was lacking compared to the other two, lots of areas such as forests or cliffs. The worlds I played were also pretty lackluster, especially the tangled one.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So like can someone who has never touched a kingdom hearts game pick this up and enjoy it?

Yeah I reckon, game play is easy to learn, worlds are vibrant and fun, cut scenes are a chore at times because the story is hard to follow but you could skip them if you wish.

Just fun and charming, what more video games should strive to be.

As for the story... people weren't kidding, I have no idea what's going on lol.

Have only finished the Hercules part, cant wait to get to the worlds I actually care about.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I played the first one many years ago and loved it.

The whole story apparently being a convoluted mess is stopping me from buying this game at this point.

Is there anyone here who is in the same boat, haven't played a KH game in a long time and currently playing this and enjoying it?

Gameplay is heaps of fun but yeah I usually tune out whenever an organization 13 scene comes on, have no idea what's going on and there dialogue is very cringey.
Enjoying it though.

ok about 4 hours in and I think i have just got past the introduction lol, just got into that gummy ship and in first town

4 hours!!

Going to start this tonight. I would have started last night but by the time it was installed and updated I CBF.

Do the cutscenes die down further along or is it like this the whole time? Played for approx an hour so far and feels like 50 mins have been cutscenes.
There's a lot of cutscenes throughout. I had no issue with the amount of them however...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back