Kings of Leon - Only by the Night

Remove this Banner Ad

nooooooooooo, ok so i have only given it one full listen, but first impressions are not good.

No real stand out tracks for me, Crawl maybe, but the rest seem a bit bland. God damn it, why did the boys have to go and mature. Why couldnt they stay true to their hillbilly roots????

Off for a second listen.

Another KOL album leaked :eek: The boys won't be happy their last album was leaked months before the release and now this about 3 weeks out from the release of the new album

Another KOL album leaked :eek: The boys won't be happy their last album was leaked months before the release and now this about 3 weeks out from the release of the new album

Yeah but that album (Because of the Times) was held back by the record company for about 9 months wasnt it?

What a ****in masterpiece that was/is. Deserved to be heard ASAP!

Yeah but that album (Because of the Times) was held back by the record company for about 9 months wasnt it?

What a ****in masterpiece that was/is. Deserved to be heard ASAP!
yeah spot on. The band wasn;t too happy about that so got this one out a bit quicker but it's a shame that the same thing happened again.

They've done it again - a great album. i thought it might be a little more rough and rock n' roll because they said it took them around two weeks to record and they did a lot of drinking during that time, but it's a very polished album. Use Somebody is the best song on it for mine after 4 listens. Caleb's voice is fantastic on some of the songs to.

p.s. and is it just me or does the start of 17 sound exactly like the start of that Ok Go! song with the treadmill film clip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Album of the Year for me!!

I LOVE Closer

Big fan of Crawl, Sex on Fire, Use Somebody, Revelry and Cold Desert

Easily the most accessible of their albums so far.. maybe looking at cashing in a little bit

Bought tickets to their Gig in Philly on Nov 15 today.

As for the album, I do like it, but I was probably hoping for a little more Rock and Roll on it.

Fav. song besides Crawl and Sex on Fire is probably Notion.

Also Manhattan, Use Somebody and Closer are very good tracks.

Solid release but not up there with Because of the Times

Please dont tell me that BECkster...

All im hopinh for is more southern sledge and a song or two along the lines of Fans, Arizona, Knocked Up, The Runner and Black Thumbnail.

Sheeet.. the more I consider it, the more I think Because of the Times was their peak....... Brilliance.

DO NOT rate the album after you've had it for 5 days.

You simply can't.

It takes a solid 40 listens to the album in its entirity before you can really rate an album.

I got to my third listen last night and actually found a whole lot of promise in the album.

After the first 2 I was worried that I wouldn't.

I'm a long way from declaring it a great album. But I won't jump the gun and call it bad.

EVERYONE who rates albums within 5 listens gives them a bad rap. You can't love them because you can't differentiate the songs let alone sing along.

I'm calling it after 5 days and about 20 listens... Album of the Year

I still think Aha Shake Heartbreak is their best work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back