Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2016 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey KM, what pick is Cedric Cox likely to be taken at? i really hope the swans go for him.

Also are there any Tassie boys likey to get picked up this year ?

I like those power rankings,Powell pepper won't be a reach for the eagles

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I like Powell-Pepper's game. He was terrific last year and while he could find more of the footy. He impact he has - with that explosiveness and sheer power over the ball. He is someone a lot of clubs should be looking at closely outside the top 10.

Knightmare just a question where would of harry McKay gone in this draft as he only just snuck in bye age. Have herd that some recruiters would have him right at the top

Roughly wherever Todd Marshall goes is where Harry McKay would go in this years draft.

Both are similar height, both have attributes and athleticism without the junior production.

It's a stronger draft this year so McKay would go lower this year rather than higher despite the less than stellar talls available this year.

Hey KM, what pick is Cedric Cox likely to be taken at? i really hope the swans go for him.

Also are there any Tassie boys likey to get picked up this year ?

Cedric Cox probably goes somewhere around pick 20.

No Tassie juniors this year in the mix.

Nick Dodge (top ager) I rated inside my top 50 and feel is worth a shot, but given he was not invited to the state or national combine, wasn't given a list position for the Allies during the U18 Champs (div 1) and there has been no talk, he won't be considered.

Matt Hanson or Robbie Fox would have to be picked as mature agers for there to be any Tassie representation this year with while they would be drafted from the VFL, playing their junior footy in Tasmania.

Robbie Fox for mine is Tasmania's best chance this year and wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak in late draft.

KM I'm a big fan of Willem Drew, after watching some tape I love the way he goes about it, have you heard if Dons are interested in picking him up at 20 or 29?? Would love him in red and black!

Also I remember reading a couple weeks ago you had us 90% chance taking McCluggage but more recently saying that you are hearing murmurs we may go in another direction, what percentage would you give it now?? And how much weight do you give the rumours we may bid on Setterfield??

Cedric Cox probably goes somewhere around pick 20.

No Tassie juniors this year in the mix.

Nick Dodge (top ager) I rated inside my top 50 and feel is worth a shot, but given he was not invited to the state or national combine, wasn't given a list position for the Allies during the U18 Champs (div 1) and there has been no talk, he won't be considered.

Matt Hanson or Robbie Fox would have to be picked as mature agers for there to be any Tassie representation this year with while they would be drafted from the VFL, playing their junior footy in Tasmania.

Robbie Fox for mine is Tasmania's best chance this year and wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak in late draft.
Harrison Pearce maybe?

Hey Knightmare, how would you compare this year's midfield draft strength and general draft strength compared to 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015?

Hey KM why do you think former Morrish Medal winners never got picked up. Of all the players that get drafted you'd think the tac cups b n f player gets picked. I realise they may not play u18 carnival so more tac games but it still is mind baffling to me.

Hey Knightmare, how would you compare this year's midfield draft strength and general draft strength compared to 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015?

It would be interesting to see a few opinions of a phantom draft , as if the two ( 15/16) were combined.
Ie if Luggage now were available in last years draft would he be number one?, for a top 10 or so.

Hey KM why do you think former Morrish Medal winners never got picked up. Of all the players that get drafted you'd think the tac cups b n f player gets picked. I realise they may not play u18 carnival so more tac games but it still is mind baffling to me.

Isn't a big factor that the winner is often someone who has developed more, and thus stands out at u18 level? That's why a lot of shorter players seem to win as they have the stronger bodies against kids.

Isn't a big factor that the winner is often someone who has developed more, and thus stands out at u18 level? That's why a lot of shorter players seem to win as they have the stronger bodies against kids.
I get that but what else could they have possibly done better. Some of these guys who have more talent than most getting drafted and still have no chance.

KM I'm a big fan of Willem Drew, after watching some tape I love the way he goes about it, have you heard if Dons are interested in picking him up at 20 or 29?? Would love him in red and black!

Also I remember reading a couple weeks ago you had us 90% chance taking McCluggage but more recently saying that you are hearing murmurs we may go in another direction, what percentage would you give it now?? And how much weight do you give the rumours we may bid on Setterfield??
Agree with you. Think him and Poholke are underrated.

I'm not aware of Essendon having interest with either 20/29. They seem to have other targets in mind with those choices.

McGrath is the new favourite for Essendon's choice. Setterfield and McCluggage are the two others in the mix. Could be 80/10/10 McGrath/Setterfield/McCluggage now.

That's why I said as a junior. No lne expexted him to become so strong and imrpove his kicking so much. As juniors Brodie has Cripps covered.

As juniors they're completely differing in quality. Patrick Cripps was a late bloomer as a junior and didn't achieve anything notable in the u18s. Even in his first year in the AFL system he struggled. Then came on in his second season in a hurry to become from the start of that season Carlton's best player.

Brodie by contrast has had a stellar junior career and v VFL bodies has been the best performaned in this draft class.

Harrison Pearce maybe?

Only Tasmanian on the state combine list.

Plausible as a rookie but haven't heard his name mentioned.

Strongest and deepest midfield draft we've seen over this span of years you mention.

Recruiters often have the habit of going for perceived upside (often in the form of attributes/points of difference) over guys who the performances on the board.

That's why in large part my power rankings differ significantly to what my phantom draft when that is released later in the week.

Those overlooked Morrish Medalists for the most part are your sub 180cm types or ball winners who are lesser skilled (not that either necessarily should be overlooked if they're good enough at what they do).

It would be interesting to see a few opinions of a phantom draft , as if the two ( 15/16) were combined.
Ie if Luggage now were available in last years draft would he be number one?, for a top 10 or so.

I think I've done similar on previous pages.

If you ask me again after the draft I may have another attempt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey KM,
Jonty Scharenberg seems to be a real slider, especially from last year. What range do you seem him likely going at, have you heard any clubs liking him specifically?

Hey KM,
Jonty Scharenberg seems to be a real slider, especially from last year. What range do you seem him likely going at, have you heard any clubs liking him specifically?

Scharenberg is a second round onwards player.

He is a definite slider and might go somewhere around the third round.

knightmare could you tell me anything about himmelberg apparently tigers are taking him with our first pick

Himmelberg has been connected to Richmond for the past week or so at 29.
This my my brief bio for Himmelberg for an early spoiler:
Elliott Himmelberg
Height, weight: 196cm, 84kg
Summary profile: Athletic key position player with the scope to play either end. Brother of GWS’ Harrison.

For a bit more info. He represented QLD during the U18 champs. Not part of any academies. His numbers haven't been great (from limited matchplay) but has shown some athletic traits and some raw ability which clubs are viewing as developable. Some see him as a KPF. Others a KPD.
I'm more on the KPD side given his mild production to date. But opinion varies on Himmelberg.

Elliott Himmelberg
Summary profile: Athletic key position player with the scope to play either end. Brother of GWS’ Harrison.

For a bit more info. He represented QLD during the U18 champs. Not part of any academies. His numbers haven't been great (from limited matchplay) but has shown some athletic traits and some raw ability which clubs are viewing as developable. Some see him as a KPF. Others a KPD.
I'm more on the KPD side given his mild production to date. But opinion varies on Himmelberg.

reckon its legit??? was hoping because of his lack of production he would slip to the rookie

reckon its legit??? was hoping because of his lack of production he would slip to the rookie

I'm also hearing Himmelberg to Richmond (at pick 29 or whatever it will be after bidding) is a strong possibility.

He seems like he'll feature in the second round or maybe the second round depending on the way things go.

Elliott Himmelberg

not really sounding great. but then with leppa and truck rutten they might feel he is a good person to partner with rance

Knights I can see you don't have Jack Graham in your rankings but both Twomey and Anderson have us taking him at 23 after bidding what's your reason for not having him your top 30

Graham plainly can't kick. He may be the worst kick in this draft. Terrific contested ball winner and has the performances on the board which are both big ticks but in my 30-40 power rankings range given his major limitation.

He blasts long too often. And when he aims for a target, few seem from the eye-test to hit opposition chests as often.

Interesting... cant recall a Larke Medalist getting as little love as Graham has got. Wouldnt be surprised if the AFL scouts rate him inside 20

I have Graham higher in my phantom draft than my power rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back