Thumpy

All Australian
Dec 14, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Sturt
Anyone know how long they'll be out for?

The Knights one seems like the typical hamstring injury so I'm guessing 3-4 weeks. Basically, season over or him but he should be able to return to pre-season training which is good.

I didn't see the Vince injury but I heard he twisted his knee which now has me worried it could be something quite serious (ACL?:().

These two guys are definitely in our best 5 players at the club so hopefully they can recover from their injuries and return to pre-season training injury-free.

vince was holding the outside of the knee rather than the inside so I didnt think it would be an ACL

Yes, they said it was a ligament on the outside (but didn't name it). They didn't think (but of course can't be sure until scans are done) it would be anything serious.

anyone else feel slightly filthy that Knights got played this year and then gets another leg injury...?

Bit torn on it to be honest, as is the hamstring boom boom, but I was massively uncomfortable they chose to play him and now he's gotten injured.

Am I over-reacting?

Maybe its a Medial Ligament to Vince. He is going to be in agonizing pain when he wakes up tomorrow. While they don't hurt too badly at first but they hurt like hell the next day. The pain eases after about a week but the knee will be very stiff for a few weeks. He won't play for the rest of the season since it takes about 6-8 weeks to get better.

anyone else feel slightly filthy that Knights got played this year and then gets another leg injury...?

Bit torn on it to be honest, as is the hamstring boom boom, but I was massively uncomfortable they chose to play him and now he's gotten injured.

Am I over-reacting?
Would you have been happy if he was playing in the SANFL?

If it was recurrence of his old injury I'd be most annoyed. But hamstrings can happen in any game situation.

Am I over-reacting?

Yes. What would you do - have him not play ever again in case he got injured?

Am I over-reacting?

Just add it to the barrel of questions about injury management that Trigg promised to be asking come the end of the season...

Can't quite buy it all as bad luck myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. What would you do - have him not play ever again in case he got injured?

Somewhere between 'play him as though he's fully fit and durable' and 'never play him again' there has to be some other options Jenny. Game time, match day role, preparation, etc are surely all part of managing a player's fitness (or lack of it). Any physio will tell you that successive injuries, even to wildly different parts of the body, are very often related.

Am I over-reacting?
i'm more annoyed that the club didn't put him in cotton wool for the rest of the year - the hammies have obviously been an issues all year, why risk them on a few weeks of footy at the end of the year??

i'm more annoyed that the club didn't put him in cotton wool for the rest of the year - the hammies have obviously been an issues all year, why risk them on a few weeks of footy at the end of the year??

Agreed.

(nothing to do with the fact that if the AFC had mothballed Knights, we probably would have seen more of our boy Matt... ):D

Just add it to the barrel of questions about injury management that Trigg promised to be asking come the end of the season...

Can't quite buy it all as bad luck myself.
Could not agree more with this statement . Just about everyone gets injured seem to have further problems and all 1 and 2 year players have had injuries as well .
Just one of the many things the club pride themselves in that this year has gone to S--t .
There must be a review and major revamp of coaching , fitness etc staff and methods etc

http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/afl.php

Says that Vince did an MCL and Knights starined a hamstring. Both expected to be out for the rest of the season.

With him clutching the outside part of his knee I would have thought it was more likely to be his LCL rather then MCL with the medial collateral ligament being on the inside part of the knee and the lateral collateral ligament being on the outside of the knee. I guess we'll just have to wait for the confirmation from the AFC. Either way they'll both be out for the remaining 2 games.

As long as they are both cherry ripe for pre-season.

When Vince when down i had the same sinking feeling that i felt when Otten did his ACL at training.

Apart from perhaps Tippett, the other players we simply cannot afford to lose to injury leading into 2011 are our key midfielders.

Knights injury plagued year makes him less attractive to interstate teams. Could be a good or bad thing depending on how keen he is to return home (if indeed he is).

Knights injury plagued year makes him less attractive to interstate teams. Could be a good or bad thing depending on how keen he is to return home (if indeed he is).

It's a bad thing. If Knights want to go then there will be no shortage of clubs that will be keen to trade for a quality player like him. Unfortunately because of this year we won't get offered what he's worth - as compared with 12 months ago when he was one of the hottest properties in the comp with his long bomb goals. If he wants to go I pray that the proposed Griffen trade rumour is actually on the cards. Would certainly soften the blow of losing a player like Knights if we end up with Griffen.

I'm definitely concerned that we've yet again had a player come back from injury only to injure himself straight away again. It's happened so often, why does it keep happening? It doesn't happen so often at other clubs, right?

I'd like to see an investigation as to what caused Knights' injury.

Knights is a very injury-prone player though so it might not be the club's fault, although I'm sure they could have something to do with it if it's proved that the training programs are too hard on the players. Since 2007, he has played 15, 18 and 4 games which is certainly a worrying sign for him. At least it's still August so it shouldn't affect his pre-season but Knights needs to be managed very carefully from here on if we're aiming to keep him on the park consistently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back