Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s going to happen with clubs recruiting are they going to hold on to there list knowing that footy won’t be going ahead in 2020 ?
And will players lose a bit of interest after dealing with this corona virus year and not being able to play ?

What’s going to happen with clubs recruiting are they going to hold on to there list knowing that footy won’t be going ahead in 2020 ?
And will players lose a bit of interest after dealing with this corona virus year and not being able to play ?
I hadn't heard an announcement that there wouldn't be any Footy this year for starters Bomber. If they don't play I think you will find their will be plenty of movement cirmstances change and it looks like they want to pull caps back and while that may be everywhere doesn't mean their best deal is at the Club they are currently at. I think the Volume of travellers will drop back as well. If you live in Melbourne you might as well play local if your only getting peanuts to do plenty of travel. Those ex locals who enjoy getting home to play and catch up with friends and family may still do it but I think Country League's need to be very careful on pulling caps back or numbers and standard will be on the decline. For example if they turn around and say the KDFL cap is 45k next year you would be lucky too see any of that top end talent that has been recently recruited into the League.

I couldn't see why you wouldn't play the whole finals series. Their are grounds such as Ardmona and Lancaster that aren't connected to Cricket possibly Merrigum & Longwood too so you would just use those Ovals to get the job done. Cricket Competitions may start a month later but if they aren't willing then play at non cricket ovals and guys can choose which sport they would like to play. Not near as many guys playing both Sports these days anyway.
Doc your a Legend!

Anyone else’s ground in bloody perfect condition and going to make this weekend pull on the heart strings even more? 😭
I Like ya Ultra but let's be honest How can you can take the next step??
Well said kase. Gee I hope you’re right mate a 14 round plus 3 finals Season is better than none at all. I just want to see the results of some great recruiting by most clubs your club includied The Kdl and picola League have both gone ahead in leaps and bounds and looking very strong, let’s really hope we can get to see some footy this year
Swoop I'm hoping they have crowds in the KD this year because I love it when finals time hits and you have your legs out!!

Any Bottleshops Open? Bang!! I've heard Greg Watson has put his nand up to do ISO training with Club's with a Series of Couch rolls depending on which Channel is on!!

Get back to Avenel play the first month in the 2's Full Back and straighten up a bit. I've heard former Swan Ricky Shiner is doing the Wheel for Longwood. Are they still in the Benalla & District? I logged off off years ago when Brownsnake told me they played well but somehow the Opposition kicked 16 goals in the last 6 minutes!

I Like ya Ultra but let's be honest How can you can take the next step??

Swoop I'm hoping they have crowds in the KD this year because I love it when finals time hits and you have your legs out!!
Big night on the cans doc?
Won’t have to worry about that rabbit that hid behind his keyboard for so long with a heart as big as a grain of wheat

If a season gets up, how do you think it will look?

Will there be time for 15 rounds and finals?

How do you create a fixture where teams don’t play everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you use 4 July as Round 1, there's time to get 15 rounds in with a 2 week finals series (top 4 only, given the compromised season) and schedule the GF for 24 October.

This would also leave three weeks (or 2 weekends off) for a turnaround to summer sports - assuming the summer sports won't play on Melbourne Cup weekend.

If you use 4 July as Round 1, there's time to get 15 rounds in with a 2 week finals series (top 4 only, given the compromised season) and schedule the GF for 24 October.

This would also leave three weeks (or 2 weekends off) for a turnaround to summer sports - assuming the summer sports won't play on Melbourne Cup weekend.

Melbourne Cup been moved to a weekend??

I heard there was a proposal to have the league split into 3 groups of 5. Where you play everyone twice in your group so that’s 8 games.

Not sure how a finals series would work with rankings but just something a couple of people have mentioned to me.

Going off last years ladder (sorry if got rankings wrong doing off top my head)

1Tally 4Murch 7Undera 10Dookie 13VT

2Nagambie 5Stanhope 8Gum 11East 14Long

3Avenel 6Lanky 9Gig 12rushy 15Ardy

Split the clubs into north and south divisions and play each other once with
I heard there was a proposal to have the league split into 3 groups of 5. Where you play everyone twice in your group so that’s 8 games.

Not sure how a finals series would work with rankings but just something a couple of people have mentioned to me.

Going off last years ladder (sorry if got rankings wrong doing off top my head)

1Tally 4Murch 7Undera 10Dookie 13VT

2Nagambie 5Stanhope 8Gum 11East 14Long

3Avenel 6Lanky 9Gig 12rushy 15Ardy

Maybe the top two in each group play off in a final six?

We had a meeting about this last night. The 5 team hub proposal was our least favourite option. You can’t have 3 teams having a bye and more so there will be some disproportionate hubs . Reckon teams should be ranked from last year’s performance and possibly predicted performance and have rounds against ranked teams from middle, top and bottom ends of scale. We have been impressed with how hard new league admin have been working and communicating.

Split the clubs into north and south divisions and play each other once with

Maybe the top two in each group play off in a final six?
I'd prefer splitting the league in two, One Division for the sides that finished 1,3,5,7,9,11,13 & 15 in last years Home & Away season (Tallygaroopna, Avenel, Stanhope, Undera, Girgarre, Shepparton East, Violet Town & Ardmona), and the other division made up of sides that finished 2,4,6,8,10,12 & 14 (Nagambie, Murchison/Toolamba, Lancaster, Merrigum, Dookie United, Rushworth & Longwood).

All teams play each other once, then the top 3 in each division go into a Final 6 finals series where the Top sides in each divison play in a Qualifying Final & the rest play in an elimination final over the one one weekend, then after that it goes back to the normal finals format.

Or we can decide which clubs play in each division via a lottery, similar to what the English FA do with the FA Club in the 3rd Round.

Or we can run a lightning premiership featuring one grade of Senior Netball & Football at one venue & One grade of junior football & netball at another venue over a Saturday & Sunday (similar to how the night series used to operate) under the supervision of the KDFNL & where half the money goes to the GV Base Hospital and the rest gets divided between the winners and the runners up in the final (the winners getting 75% of what's left & the runners up get the rest).

They used to run competitions like this for the Hospital up until the 60's featuring the GVFL sides, so that's another option.

Or, we can just play matches under invitation, just like how the clubs ran things before the formation of established leagues (Basically just like how we run practice matches featuring all our sides).

There are no stupid proposals now, because all options are on the table & with the metro leagues already opening their clearances (the Northern League has anyway) & word that the Picola League are really pushing for a July start, hopefully we can get some version of footy for 2020, especially when there are three teams that were celebrating their 100th year (Ardmona, Girgarre & Stanhope).

I'd prefer splitting the league in two, One Division for the sides that finished 1,3,5,7,9,11,13 & 15 in last years Home & Away season (Tallygaroopna, Avenel, Stanhope, Undera, Girgarre, Shepparton East, Violet Town & Ardmona), and the other division made up of sides that finished 2,4,6,8,10,12 & 14 (Nagambie, Murchison/Toolamba, Lancaster, Merrigum, Dookie United, Rushworth & Longwood).

All teams play each other once, then the top 3 in each division go into a Final 6 finals series where the Top sides in each divison play in a Qualifying Final & the rest play in an elimination final over the one one weekend, then after that it goes back to the normal finals format.

Or we can decide which clubs play in each division via a lottery, similar to what the English FA do with the FA Club in the 3rd Round.

Or we can run a lightning premiership featuring one grade of Senior Netball & Football at one venue & One grade of junior football & netball at another venue over a Saturday & Sunday (similar to how the night series used to operate) under the supervision of the KDFNL & where half the money goes to the GV Base Hospital and the rest gets divided between the winners and the runners up in the final (the winners getting 75% of what's left & the runners up get the rest).

They used to run competitions like this for the Hospital up until the 60's featuring the GVFL sides, so that's another option.

Or, we can just play matches under invitation, just like how the clubs ran things before the formation of established leagues (Basically just like how we run practice matches featuring all our sides).

There are no stupid proposals now, because all options are on the table & with the metro leagues already opening their clearances (the Northern League has anyway) & word that the Picola League are really pushing for a July start, hopefully we can get some version of footy for 2020, especially when there are three teams that were celebrating their 100th year (Ardmona, Girgarre & Stanhope).

Like your Division idea Joe. That would be a much better option than the hub idea bandied about!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back