Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome back old mate
Thanks mate it has been a while

just thought I’d revisit and see what sort of comments Melso was receiving and I wasn’t dissapointed - Although keegos comment surprised me - would have thought he would have witnessed a few flogs at close quarters in his time

Some good feedback from Girgarre diehards about their home game against Ardmona. They were very impressed by the crowd attendance and supporters from Ardy. There were many Ardmona supporters and the drinkers were prepared to purchase from the local bar. They had heard Crawf had addressed this issue with supporters about purchasing beverages from clubs on their visits in away games. Crawf was extremely approachable after the game and shook hand with all the opposition and had a kick after the game. Girgarre were delighted with the day overall but a minor blotch was the reserves game where there were many undisciplined incidents and a number of Ardmona players sent off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Some good feedback from Girgarre diehards about their home game against Ardmona. They were very impressed by the crowd attendance and supporters from Ardy. There were many Ardmona supporters and the drinkers were prepared to purchase from the local bar. They had heard Crawf had addressed this issue with supporters about purchasing beverages from clubs on their visits in away games. Crawf was extremely approachable after the game and shook hand with all the opposition and had a kick after the game. Girgarre were delighted with the day overall but a minor blotch was the reserves game where there were many undisciplined incidents and a number of Ardmona players sent off.

I think you will find both sides had players sent off

And how do they squeeze him in swoop ? They used 41 of their 43 points yesterday. ....and got beat on their own dunghill. Please bear in mind i don't fully understand the points but know 1. There's a limit and 2. Outside players draw big numbers. VT had 4x4 pointers in yesterday, Avenel only 1

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
2 of the 4 Pointers shouldn't be 4 pointers and we are having review'd, McCarty played as a 4 pointer in 2019 for us so should of come down and Oli Ford has played since 2016 so should only be a 1 so that frees up 6 points straight away

2 of the 4 Pointers shouldn't be 4 pointers and we are having review'd, McCarty played as a 4 pointer in 2019 for us so should of come down and Oli Ford has played since 2016 so should only be a 1 so that frees up 6 points straight away
Well if that's the case there's the wriggle room u need.

[/QUOT

Why isn't the president telling the supporters about purchasing drinks. Crawford is there to coach. Also was at the first home game and didn't see many supporters purchasing drinks. But saw a lot of supporters at the quarter time huddles with drinks in there hands.

I think you will find both sides had players sent off
G'day keego. Have a question for you. You are playing a home game this week. Why would you be advertising on Facebook to go to the mooroopna pub. Wouldn't it be financially beneficial for the club to stay at the club and have drinks and maybe a meal. You have Crawford there. Should be trying to make some money for the club. Sure opposition clubs would hang around for a beer and a chance to talk with crawf

G'day keego. Have a question for you. You are playing a home game this week. Why would you be advertising on Facebook to go to the mooroopna pub. Wouldn't it be financially beneficial for the club to stay at the club and have drinks and maybe a meal. You have Crawford there. Should be trying to make some money for the club. Sure opposition clubs would hang around for a beer and a chance to talk with crawf
Guido I will see ya Saturday after the game and have a chat over a beer

We’ve found that it’s hard to get members to stick around for a function when social facilities are not great. We get a far greater turnout to a pub visit due to the atmosphere, quality food and less stress on volunteers who have been putting in since 8am!

We organise sponsorship deals through local pubs to ensure a cash return while supporting a local business. It’s a win in that regard, but agree that clubs would be better off having their meal and drinks in the social rooms following home games, but sadly for many clubs facilities have fallen behind what people expect for their Saturday night outing.

I presume that is the arrangement with Ardmona this week in attending their local.

For what it’s worth, MTFNC have a home game this week and are at the Caledonian afterwards.

We’ve found that it’s hard to get members to stick around for a function when social facilities are not great. We get a far greater turnout to a pub visit due to the atmosphere, quality food and less stress on volunteers who have been putting in since 8am!

We organise sponsorship deals through local pubs to ensure a cash return while supporting a local business. It’s a win in that regard, but agree that clubs would be better off having their meal and drinks in the social rooms following home games, but sadly for many clubs facilities have fallen behind what people expect for their Saturday night outing.

I presume that is the arrangement with Ardmona this week in attending their local.

For what it’s worth, MTFNC have a home game this week and are at the Caledonian afterwards.

I think the middle ground would be making dinner at a time so that the players, opposition and supporters of both sides will stick around for a few drinks and a chat, which is a couple of extra dollars in the kitty and not much effort in volunteers... then duck away for a later dinner at the sponsored pub.

And if the KDFL grand final was being shared amongst KDFL clubs their venues would be improved .
I bet Mooroopna have no trouble with their venue meeting people’s expectations .
Whilst the expectation from councils is to supply the bare minimum that’s all they’ll supply / fund and they’ll filter available funding into fewer ‘Elite’ centres .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roar l agree , clubs are struggling to raise cash to fund a football/netball club , its time the GF came back to kdfnl , keep it as it is with the rotation of finals between clubs just add the GF.
Wouldn’t be hard for gate takings , food , alcohol sales to be well over $50k at most GF’s. I don’t know the breakdown of what Mooroopna does or doesn’t get but I assume they are getting a decent chunk .

Wouldn’t be hard for gate takings , food , alcohol sales to be well over $50k at most GF’s. I don’t know the breakdown of what Mooroopna does or doesn’t get but I assume they are getting a decent chunk .
Or negotiate better terms, Ovens & King hold their Grand Final at Wang Rovers Ground and Different Clubs are allocated Different responsibilities on a rotating basis so all benefit over time. I.e Gate, Bar, Canteen.

Surely the catering and bar at grand finals are done by KDFL teams on a rotation basis it is in North Gippy or though grand final has been played At Traralgon for probably last 20 years obviously to cater for bigger crowd

Host Clubs at Finals don't get the Gate which is the biggest return by far in terms of Profits. Then Mooroopna had to beat others who have Tendered for it ( Tat had it briefly) so I'd say the KDFL are getting a decent return while putting the game on a pedastil. Understand that amount isn't as much as it would be if it was solely run by a Club within the League.

Violet Town drop 2 home games in a row !!!.....are we being sold snake oil here ??... Mellington kicks 11 of their 12 goals and they get rolled by 3...cause for a tiny bit of concern early

It’s put to tender every year or every few years. A fair few KD grounds not up to hosting unfortunately. I think Picola rotate theirs?

So you know a few years in advance if you have a semi, prelim or grand final. Not sure whether they knock back certain clubs doing it based on facilities but potentially it gives clubs a warning. You have 5 years to upgrade your facilities for the grand final. And some clubs in that league definitely had upgrades recently, at the time I was involved Dookie, Katty and Katandra all had new buildings. Tungamah was old but had a good grandstand and bar area.

Violet Town drop 2 home games in a row !!!.....are we being sold snake oil here ??... Mellington kicks 11 of their 12 goals and they get rolled by 3...cause for a tiny bit of concern early

Good win for Gig. Most tipsters would have gone for the Towners I would have imagined???Certainly have upset the apple cart there!

It’s put to tender every year or every few years. A fair few KD grounds not up to hosting unfortunately. I think Picola rotate theirs?

So you know a few years in advance if you have a semi, prelim or grand final. Not sure whether they knock back certain clubs doing it based on facilities but potentially it gives clubs a warning. You have 5 years to upgrade your facilities for the grand final. And some clubs in that league definitely had upgrades recently, at the time I was involved Dookie, Katty and Katandra all had new buildings. Tungamah was old but had a good grandstand and bar area.
Wow what an effort from VTs Mellington in their loss to Gig kicking 11 out of their 12 goals controversial he may be but the guy is a gun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back