Recommitted Kysaiah Pickett [Re-Signed till 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he'd look better at Freo, chipping it around the backline. Could average 120 fantasy points easy.

I have him in my keeper league so that 120 average sounds good.

On Freo, I was disappointed in how safe and boring you played, especially after seeing 1st hand how Collingwood went about it in last years final.

I have him in my keeper league so that 120 average sounds good.

On Freo, I was disappointed in how safe and boring you played, especially after seeing 1st hand how Collingwood went about it in last years final.
We play better footy against the top teams like our wins against cats and dees on their home deck.
When we’re favourites like Sunday and saints @ home suns away last year we have a fear of losing and play horror-able footy!

I'd walk him to the PSD but unfortunately we'll highly likely have the last selection this year and someone else will pick him up before we get a chance to. 😉
Bergman and a 2nd rounder would be the absolute most I'd give up for him, I really wouldnt want to lose Bergman but it's possible he might want to go home. I think he's in for a big year and if it doesn't sound like a fair trade now, by the end of it the season I believe it might look like a fair trade for both clubs. Let's wait and see. I'm sure Melbourne would hate to lose Pickett just as much as we'd hate to lose Bergman, with Pickett having more runs on the board at the moment.

I'd walk him to the PSD but unfortunately we'll highly likely have the last selection this year and someone else will pick him up before we get a chance to. 😉
Bergman and a 2nd rounder would be the absolute most I'd give up for him, I really wouldnt want to lose Bergman but it's possible he might want to go home. I think he's in for a big year and if it doesn't sound like a fair trade now, by the end of it the season I believe it might look like a fair trade for both clubs. Let's wait and see. I'm sure Melbourne would hate to lose Pickett just as much as we'd hate to lose Bergman, with Pickett having more runs on the board at the moment.
Just to be clear, I would hope we only do a deal like this if Bergman wanted to leave, I wouldn't be pushing him out the door.

Pickett is already a star of the comp. Your future 1 would be the starting point surely? And from there it'd have to be another good player or find your way into another good pick.

2nd round picks don't really hold any value these days. So Bergman + 2nd is basically Bergman for Pickett which is out of whack and i rate Bergman. But he'd need to be named in the AA squad (i.e. have a great season) to be mentioned in any trade talk regarding Pickett I would've thought. I think Georgiadis would've been good but his career has stagnated a bit the last 12 months.

Ultimately I'd prefer a F1 on its own than Bergman + 2nd rounder. Yes, melbourne will get unders for Pickett and losing Pickett and Jackson would be catastrophic for our future and the only way to build back is through the draft and I'd much prefer a F1 as that gives borderline access to the elite talent. Late firsts are also highly speculative picks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bergman worth a mid first atm, Pickett worth at minimum 2 decent firsts. That may change by the end of the year but I doubt it changes much.
I'd say a late first for Bergman personally. But definitely nothing in the top 10. I really don't see how a deal gets done with Port unless they find more picks. Why is Bergman mentioned anyway? is he out of contract or something?

I'd say a late first for Bergman personally. But definitely nothing in the top 10. I really don't see how a deal gets done with Port unless they find more picks. Why is Bergman mentioned anyway? is he out of contract or something?
He is OOC. I'd say his value is somewhere from about 11-16 or so. That's what I classify as a mid first as I think anything in the top 10 is pretty valuable.
Anyway he's rumoured to be looking at his options back in VIC and if Port are looking to bring in Mckay, Pickett etc they are going to have to move someone who can get them some currency.

He is OOC. I'd say his value is somewhere from about 11-16 or so. That's what I classify as a mid first as I think anything in the top 10 is pretty valuable.
Anyway he's rumoured to be looking at his options back in VIC and if Port are looking to bring in Mckay, Pickett etc they are going to have to move someone who can get them some currency.
Ah ok. well yeah I'd agree and say that Bergman is worth that, provided he has a good season. 2 firsts is the going rate for an out of contract Pickett. So it's a f1 and Bergman or 2 firsts surely. And the way Pickett played in round 1, he's going to be worth over 750k so just the salary cap squeeze will knock a player or 2 out I wouldve thought.

It’s not surprising that people outside of Sa don’t rate Bergman yet, but you will. He’s already a high end player at 21 with the scope to become anything.

189cm mids with his speed, strength, aerial power, kicking , tackling and running are worth their weight in gold. We swung for the fences with this pick and knocked it out of the park.

We’ve seen what rozee jhf and butters can do, each are elite young mids. Bergman is easily in the same stratosphere as these players

Port fans desperately don’t want to lose him, but it’s always a worry when players from interstate are not signed yet.

If he did leave, a team would likely have just picked up their future midfield leader.

Port will have to pay a hefty price for pickett if he comes here no doubt, but there’s massive underrating of Bergman. Right now all the vic clubs probably have Bergman at the top of their wish list.

Last edited:
May have underrated how good he is/can be. Is a dog player who loves a cheap shot but his actual footy is pretty special.
It is quite humorous how scared he is of receiving physical contact but seems to like dishing it out. Biggest squib in the league without question. Star player though.

You reckon? I think they're flattered playing in a great side. Very average footballers.

It is quite humorous how scared he is of receiving physical contact but seems to like dishing it out. Biggest squib in the league without question. Star player though.
You don’t watch a lot of footy do you, or only through rosé coloured glasse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back