Multiplat L.A. Noire

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised so many hate this game. I'm almost through the vice missions and find these missions, as well as the partner (Roy Earle) the most entertaining segment of the game so far. This might be cos I bought the "Complete" edition a while after it came out and the Vice missions apparently have a few DLC's in them. The reefer mission was awesome!

One of the rare games I have not even attempted to finish.

Quit after getting promoted to homicide squad form memory - is it worth pushing on to see it out?

I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'm personally finding the vice missions the most enjoyable segment so far (this is the promotion after homicide). I just find the partner to be very funny and memorable, and the missions themselves have a lot more action (shooting ect) and variety.

To be honest I think the game's biggest flaw was appealing to the wrong audience. It looked, and to some extent felt, like a GTA game, but it was far from it. As a bit of a crime/detective game buff I enjoyed those elements of it, but somebody looking for a GTA style story and gameplay would've been pretty disappointed. The game definitely had other flaws and I definitely didn't love the game, but I didn't mind it. If they revisit the universe/game style in the future I'd absolutely pick it up.

To be honest I think the game's biggest flaw was appealing to the wrong audience. It looked, and to some extent felt, like a GTA game, but it was far from it. As a bit of a crime/detective game buff I enjoyed those elements of it, but somebody looking for a GTA style story and gameplay would've been pretty disappointed. The game definitely had other flaws and I definitely didn't love the game, but I didn't mind it. If they revisit the universe/game style in the future I'd absolutely pick it up.

Its been ages since I've played this but could you just complete missions without getting it right and progress as you would without consequence?

Its been ages since I've played this but could you just complete missions without getting it right and progress as you would without consequence?

That's right. Sometimes it could take longer to finish a case if you get something wrong but you will always finish the case. Only the end ranking is affected.

I actually really enjoyed this game. Had it's frustrating moments but thought the story was good and that it was paced well. My biggest mistake going into it was expecting it to be a lot closer to GTA, after an hour or so of frustration at aspects of it I loved it.

Been playing this recently as I'm clearing out my backlog.

Gets bit frustrating knowing if they're lying or to doubt what their answers are. Am enjoying it and will aim to 100% it as there's no multiplayer achievements required.

Great game. I'm just excited Red Dead is coming to PS4. Can't wait to get into that again.

Gets bit frustrating knowing if they're lying or to doubt what their answers are. Am enjoying it and will aim to 100% it as there's no multiplayer achievements required.

Good luck mate. Finding and driving all the cars was the worst achievement hunt I have ever done. When you get to about 90 cars you will drive yourself nuts trying to find the last few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck mate. Finding and driving all the cars was the worst achievement hunt I have ever done. When you get to about 90 cars you will drive yourself nuts trying to find the last few.
Yeah not looking forward to that. Will have to look at walkthroughs to get 5 stars for all cases and cars!

Will do that after my first playthrough.

I think this was my first ever platinum. Loved it when it first came out but the whole open world feels so bland and lifeless at times.

Update?

Haven't touched it for a week or two now. Upto Vice now and the cases getting bit longer for my attention span.

Think I've found around just over half the cars now. Whenever I find myself in a parking lot, I'm just opening every single car.

s**t mechanics, driving was shocking.. Boring as s**t story.
Thought it was a pretty good game that was a bit before its time, just laked a few little things in order for it to be great game.

When did you play it? Recently?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

I love 'detective' games like this, Ace Attorney, and others. So this was awesome when I played it.

One of the few games I have 100%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back