Recommitted Lachie Whitfield [re-signed for 7 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure how many other clubs can afford to have 6 million $ men on their list.....But there you have it.

This rubbish claim has been made before and every time it has been I’ve asked the poster to name the 6

Go ahead...

Name them.

Waiting......,
Waiting......

Crickets.

This rubbish claim has been made before and every time it has been I’ve asked the poster to name the 6

Go ahead...

Name them.

Waiting......,
Waiting......

Crickets.
My guess is he thinks.

Cogs- which is correct from next season.
Greene- which is is wrong.
Cameron- which is correct due to current deal being back ended. But is supposedly not the offer going on from next year.
Kelly- Which he is wrong.
Whitfield - Wrong (even the rumoured new deal isn't at a mil).

Have no idea who he thinks is the 6th.

Last edited:

Widely reported when he signed that it was for under a mil
No it wasn't.

The first article I looked at:

"The in-demand 25-year-old, who has played 133 games for the Giants, will be guaranteed a deal in excess of $1 million a season to stay with the club that drafted him second overall in 2011. "

And another:

"The club announced he was sticking around on social media with the deal keeping him with the Giants for seven years in a deal worth a reported $7 million. "

No idea about the others (nor do I really care if there are others) but Cogs is definitely one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But hang on, Hawthorn supporters on BF said it was a fait accompli that he would be their player.

How is this even possible that he could be so treasonous and stay with the club that drafted and developed him??
Hmm so once again that is just not true... Plenty wanted him, most thought he wasn't coming. But that doesn't fit the * Hawk supporters narrative does it.

Jezza will shortly re-commit to GWS as well.

You have to assume they are staying for unders, they could get paid a lot more from other clubs like Hawthorn etc

Good for The Giants, obviously they have created a decent culture up there, and all their elite players buy into, although I am not sure if they have the right coach to lead them to their first flag.

Have to say the salt on the Hawks board is delish, their delusions of entitlement and in one instance, hoping Whitfield gets flattened out cold next time they play GWS is pitiful really.

Looks like Hawthorn have to hit the draft and develop their own gun mids if they want to contend like everyone else.

Very rarely do elite A Grade mids leave their club (and no, Dylan Shiel isn't one either) these days..

They'll clear more cap space by releasing Patton. Whitfield will be priority signing.

On the money there! :thumbsu:

Dumped Patton and his salary onto the Hawks.

Used the cap space to re-sign Whitfield long term.

Not the outcome Hawthorn and Hawks supporters on here were hoping for!!;):thumbsu:

I don't know why everyone is trolling Hawthorn supporters. Whitfield was NEVER going to leave.

Playing for a premiership contender vs. playing for an ailing team that will spend the next 5 years in the bottom half. Never really a tough choice for Lachie.
More that, once again, some Hawkies fans had him signed sealed and delivered on here and well.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back