Leeds United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20120809/leeds-united-investment-statement_2247585_2876502

Leeds United ('The Club') announces that the exclusivity period granted to a potential investor as mentioned in the statement of 26 June has ended.

The Club remain happy to continue discussions, but not on an exclusive basis, so as not to prevent other options passing.

The first priority must be to ensure that the credibility of any future investor or ultimate owner is such, that the Leeds legacy and its future is in safe hands, back in the Premiership.

The Club will continue to be receptive to approaches from potential new partners who can establish that they have the necessary credentials.

Meanwhile, it is encouraging that there is a new spirit at the club under the management of Neil Warnock and his ten new signings.

IMO Bates is trying to see if he can find a last minute buyer willing to top the offer already on the table.

Ha ha, Colin a year ago:

"For many years I`ve thought he is a gutter-type of boy and I was going to call him a sewer rat but that might be insulting the sewer rats. I think he`s the lowest of the low.

'I can't see him being at Blackburn much longer because I can't see Steve Kean putting up with someone like that in the dressing room when he is trying to form a new image for Blackburn.

'I think he will be the first to go and good riddance - I hope he goes abroad because I won't miss watching him.'

Colin yesterday:

"I met Dioufy about six weeks ago. It was not planned it was an accidental meeting. We ended up talking for about an hour.

"We talked about our past history. We had a chat, I told him what I didn`t like about him, and I told him what I liked about him.

"He is good in the dressing room; he is not a bad egg. He is a good lad.

Diouf a year ago:

"This guy Warnock talks a lot of s*** and everyone knows he talks a lot of s***.

"He wants to put himself on the front page of the paper all the time but no one is interested in him. Every time we see him on TV he talks s***.

"You see managers talking, like Ferguson, Wenger, Allardyce, Villas-Boas, and you listen.

"But this guy? What has he done in his life? Nobody knows him.

"Watch him with his best player, Adel Taarabt. If it wasn`t for Taarabt last year he`d never have been in the Premier League this season.

"But how has he treated him? He has taken the captain`s armband off him and treated him like s***. But HE`S the big s***.

"One day I will catch up with him and we`re going to talk.

"If I see him face-to-face, he`s going to know what I think about him."

Diouf yesterday:

'I have the utmost respect for Neil Warnock and I'd be delighted to help Leeds gain promotion to the Premier League.'

Going into this season hoping to avoid relegation. Anything other than that (including a buy-out) would be a bonus!

Not too stoked with our signings at all. We may have become Norwich's feeder club but since when was Pompey ours? I'm gonna hate cheering on Diouf as well.

2-1 away win at Peterhead yesterday. By all reports we did not play spectacularly well, but did enough to get 3 pts.

I am concerned about our inability to hold onto the ball in the midfield, but apparently our quality in the final third was much better than against Blackpool.

We have no depth though and do not look like getting anyone in. Possibly only loan signings after the transfer window shuts, which is depressing. Hopefully the old campaigner disappears soon, but knowing Kenneth he will probably stick around forever.

Been a while, here's the results since the last post. Stalled in the league a bit, desperately in need of some new additions to the squad but the cup form against Southampton was brilliant, despite them making 11 changes and now we're looking forward to Chelsea!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-11-05 at 9.05.17 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-11-05 at 9.05.17 AM.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 124

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next few days, weeks, months, whatever.

I'll admit having only followed the Championship and Leeds for about a year, is there much hope for us coming back up the table and getting a play off spot this season or does it just not happen?

Next few days, weeks, months, whatever.

I'll admit having only followed the Championship and Leeds for about a year

You bought yourself a whole world of pain there mate.

is there much hope for us coming back up the table and getting a play off spot this season or does it just not happen?

I'd say no chance, however if we did you can be sure ultimately we'd blow it in spectacular fashion.

Welcome to the club mate, remember at some point our luck has to change so try to keep your chin up.

Its certainly not an easy assignment supporting the whites. Champions League Semi final nek minnit divy 2.

But rest assured they will get back, and know we have support all over the world. The kind of support that doesnt drop of through the tougher times.

Marching On Together!
We're gonna see you win
na na na na na na
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

Pre match the atmosphere at Elland Road seemed much more positive than recent games & that seemed to increase as the afternoon went on. Decent contributions on the debut of both loan signings and a victory that went against the form book.

For the 1st time in a while attending a game at Elland Road didn't feel like a chore, long may it continue.

2 wins in a week against top tier Championship sides since the takeover! Hopefully we can go on and turn Elland Road into a bit of a fortress again and maybe make a push back up the table.
Hopefully another 3 points against Huddersfield.
From what I'm reading, atmosphere at Elland Road has improved slightly but the crowd last night was only 17,000 odd. Be interesting how many turn up for Chelsea next month

Remove this Banner Ad

Back