Leeds United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice solid 2-0 with last night at Ipswich. Jerome Thomas getting busy on the scoresheet. Has been a great loan get, 4 games for 4 wins, and seems to have slotted in nicely. Be nice if we can extend his loan from January to the end of the season.

Would love to knock off Chelsea midweek, though I can't say I'm holding my breath. They're the last of the big clubs left, so you'd think they'd go for an "easy" piece of silverware.

Stranger things have happened though

Disappointed Chelsea players, coming from a long flight home, hot weather in Japan, into the s**t cold and rain at Leeds, attitude could suffer from it, I think we're a shot.

Great win although the gate again was very poor (19K).

I expected more from Ipswich, they've got Jason Scotland, Nigel Reo Coker & Michael Chopra in their squad after all.

Byram appears to be coming on leaps & bounds, find of the season so far for me. Not expecting a result mid week but will be interested to see how Byram copes with the talent Chelsea have in their ranks.

It seems Chelsea's allocation has been slashed for the Cup game. Originally they were to get the upper & lower tier of the South Stand (as other sides have had previously), at the moment they will have south stand upper only.

This is a direct result of LUFC's court victory over West Yorkshire Police re matchday policing costs. West Yorkshire Police aren't able to recover costs from the club as they've been able to do previously so have exercised their right to restrict the away fans allocation.

In the past MUFC, LFC & CFC have been given the whole of the South Stand & WYP were able to keep order, there is no reason why they wouldn't be able to do it again. It's just a question of who pays the costs to police.

LUFC need to reach a compromise with West Yorkshire Police over this issue or I'd expect this episode to be repeated in the future. Empty seats for a game where there is a high demand for tickets seems a shame.

Also Warnock said in his post match interview he's after a striker in January, he expects to pay a fee for the type of player he's targeting, not a loan player or a free (Hallelujah)

Double+facepalm.jpg

Disappointing way to end the year, but our Christmas / New Year schedule wasn't the friendliest going around. A NYD home win over Bolton and it's looking tidy again.

Thankfully 3 points against Bristol, not sure what will happen with the league now, mid table mediocrity looms again.

At least we can look forward to Tottenham in the cup next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From all reports we're playing rank football.

but who cares if we keep winning at home and start picking up points away
Exactly, need to get some away form as home form seems to be taking care of itself, even while we're playing absolute shite *apparently.

From all reports we're playing rank football.
It really is awful to watch, I think the only shot we had on goal against Bolton was a penalty, don't think we managed a single shot on goal away at Hull.
Not quite as bad on Saturday but pretty much more of the same.

Only 18K at Elland Road this weekend, rank football in a half empty stadium.

The new owners seem to be doing what they can to get crowds in (£15 for adults / £5 for kids against Blackpool & Posh, £20 for an adult ticket for Spurs in the Cup) but I don't see gates picking up until things change on the pitch.

Early days I know but we seem to be playing a less direct type of football under Brian McDermott which is bit more pleasing on the eye (keeper rolling the ball out to the back 4 rather than a hoof down the pitch & hope for the best etc).

Fingers crossed it continues.

The fact that Luke Varney came out and said more or less that Warnocks style of play had been infuriating even the players speaks volumes of how badly we needed a change. Sounded like an impressive second half anyway. Onwards and Upwards. MOT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back