Autopsy Leon Cameron's coaching performance

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think GWS should be slitting their wrists.

Winning 4 of their last 5 with their injury issues would of been considered a success. It's just this is they were least expected to lose
Yeah but not necessarily the one we didn't expect. I dont think we did anything too wrong, your guys played very well. From our point of view shit happens and we move on. From your point if view I would think celebration at a good win.

Because that's all you and your mates on here keep banging on about.

Nobody can be critical of GWS on here without being labelled a troll, salty, jealous you name it.
Yeah,
Maybe wait till the alarm goes off and it's time to get up before you post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS lose by a point.

Toby Greene kicks 0.5.

Leon Cameron is the issue.

:drunk:
I don't think he's a bad coach, but I must say I'm very interested to see how things pan out the next few years with this side.

Could very much be a case of a coach like Clarkson being needed to maximise the talent.

Lots of overreactions as per usual. If anything today's result simply says that no team is safe from being beaten and in another widely contested season anything can happen.

From what I saw, I thought it was terrible and if this is the norm (haven't really watched a heap of GWS this season) then it could be the main factor in winning a flag. It's hard to evaluate Leon overall given that talent and depth of their list (even Mark Neeld could get this mob to the top 4 without a worry) but today stood out.

I'm personally not a fan of the +1 given it's Dimma's default starting position which makes little sense to me since we have the best key defender in the competition in Rance (and by extension requires less support than most) and one of the best key forwards in the game in Jack Riewoldt, who invariably wins a one-on-one contest through his smarts and judgement.

It may make sense against certain midfields or styles of play such as Adelaide's 'Chinese Checkers' style of rebound from the back half but I would have thought that GWS would have been quite happy to go one-on-one against Carlton and 'run the risk' of leaving Phil Davis one-out against John Coleman, sorry Levi Casboult (with 89 career goals), to get the advantage of having the same even contest for Jeremy Cameron, Patton, Greene and Stevie J (971 career goals) and just as importantly, not allowing either of Docherty or Kade Simpson as unaccountable on which Carlton so heavily rely. I can only assume it must have been his desire to have Heath Shaw play the +1 as he often does so effectively but given either of the Blues spares are just as effective yet their forward line far less dangerous, then it was puzzling to say the least for me.

Yeah we still have alot of injuries. Wait till we have a full side me thinks, then judge. Missing so many in front of goal today didnt help either. Amazing how this thread was never bumped during all our wins the past month yet a one point loss with injuries still a plenty now "questions are being asked".

^^^^
This

Yeah but not necessarily the one we didn't expect. I dont think we did anything too wrong, your guys played very well. From our point of view shit happens and we move on. From your point if view I would think celebration at a good win.

Fully agree, we have been competitive in all but one game this year and lead in the last quarter in 3 of our losses. We maybe still 16th but are clearly capable of competing.

Top sides will lose games, and one loss shouldn't be a cause for anyone at GWS to have too much concern. Just tinkers bit, get some players back, refocus the side and get going again. Still flag favorites for me.

Yes they did but they were only on something like 0.4 when it happened so they did not lose much score.

Didn't realise that, incorrectly assumed they would be more than a pathetic 0.4
My bad... your point stands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back